If msvcp100.dll is missing on your PC, that can prevent the PC from functioning properly. There is a possibility that your system can experience this error once in a while.
So, as a Windows user, you are supposed to know how to fix it. Here, we will explain how to fix msvcp100.dll on Windows error.
The truth is that there are many individuals who experience this error. They receive a notification on their system with an error message mentioning there is something wrong with msvcp100.dll. So, the first thing is that you should not panic about it.
You can fix it simply by following the steps that are mentioned in the following segments of this article. In fact, there are three solutions to address this error, and we explain them here.
Introduction to msvcp100.dll on Windows
First, it is better to understand the nature of this issue before fixing it. You can go ahead and read the following paragraphs to learn about it. In fact, there are three main occasions where you will experience this sort of error.
Mentioned below are those steps.
- When your system is starting up or shutting down.
- When you install a specific program or open it.
- When you install a new version of Windows.
PS: if you are experiencing the Mfc100.dll is missing, here are the top solutions.
Solutions to Try If msvcp100.dll is Missing
Mentioned below are the solutions you will be able to use if the msvcp100.dll file is missing. In fact, you don’t have to try all those methods. Instead, you can try one method after the other until it works for you.
So, go ahead and learn what to do.
Let’s take a quick look at the possible solutions you can try if you intend to fix this error.
- Reinstall the Redistribution Package for MS Visual C++
- Get a copy of the missing msvcp100.dll file from another computer that works.
- Scan your computer for viruses or other malware
- Use a professional tool to update the drivers of your computer.
Besides, let’s figure out how to fix the 0x00000004 blue screen error with ease.
Method 1: Reinstall the Redistribution Package for MS Visual C++
One of the most common causes behind the msvcp100.dll error is an important missing file. That means some files can go missing when you install a particular program in your system.
If that’s the case with your system, the best way to fix it is by reinstalling the redistribution package.
Also, if you are facing the WLDCore.dll missing, click to fix them effortlessly.
So, if You Want to Learn How to Fix It, Mentioned Below is the Process That Should Be Followed.
- First, you should enter the control panel of your system. To do that, you should press the “Windows” key on your keyboard and choose “Control Panel” from it. Then, you should also select the “Control Panel” option. After that, you should choose the option called “View By.” Then choose the option called “Category.” After that, you should click on the “Uninstall a Program” option to proceed.
- Now, you are supposed to check Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable version that is already installed in the system. You can select a version from the list and choose “Uninstall.”
- Now, you can repeat the process of uninstalling if there are other versions of redistributable programs.
- Most of the time, you can fix this error simply by reinstalling Visual C++’s latest version.
Important: It is always compulsory to download this file from the official website of Microsoft. There can be many other websites that claim to offer this file for download.
However, the truth is that they can provide you with trojans, malware, and so on. They can eventually gather your information.
So, be smart enough to avoid those third-party, random sources. After all, there is absolutely no requirement to rely on a third-party source when you have an official source.
- Once downloaded, you can perform double-click on the respective installation file. That will begin the installation process.
- At the completion of the installation, you can reboot the PC, so the changes will take place.
For many users, the above should resolve it. However, if you don’t have any success with the above, you should check the next solution.
Method 2: Get a Copy of the Missing Msvcp100.dll from Another Computer
If you still see msvcp100.dll on windows, you should copy the missing file from a different computer. Then, you can put it in the faulty PC to see if it works. Well, if you want to learn how to do it, you can go ahead with the following instructions.
01. First, you are supposed to find a different computer that works perfectly without any error. Please note that the operating system should be the same as the faulty one. That means both the OS version as well as their architectures must be identical. Otherwise, you may not be able to fix the error.
02. On the other PC, you can launch the File Explorer window. To do that, you should press both the “Windows” and “E” keys on the keyboard. After that, you should go to the path mentioned below.
Then, you will be able to see the msvcp100.dll file in the same folder. Just copy that file. Once you have done that, you should paste the msvcp100.dll (the one you copied) into a removable storage device. For instance, you can use something like a USB flash drive.
Then, copy that file into the faulty computer’s “System32” folder. That should be the exact location from where you copied the file (from the other PC).
03. Now, restart the PC and try to launch the faulty program. Msvcp100.dll is missing error should be gone by now.
Method 3: Scan Your Computer for Viruses or Other Malware
Another common reason for the msvcp100.dll file to go missing is malware infections or virus attacks. Some malware can make your system files corrupted, so they will become unrecognizable or unreadable.
In that case, the best way to fix this issue is by performing a malware scan. You can use your anti-virus program to scan for malware and eliminate potential errors. So, let’s go ahead and perform a malware scan on your PC.
For the majority of users, at least one of the above methods should work without much trouble. But if you have not found any success, you can go ahead and try the following steps as well.
01. Try to reinstall the faulty program that experiences msvcp100.dll on windows error. For some users, this method has worked perfectly. It won’t take much time and also it might not be that difficult. So, go ahead and perform a reinstallation to fix the msvcp100.dll error.
02. You can even use a startup repair and see if msvcp100.dll is missing.
03. If none of the above options are working, you can consider a Windows reinstallation.
Use a Professional Tool to Update the Drivers of Your Computer
Here’s an extra tip for you to consider. In fact, “msvcp100.dll” can be a result of an outdated driver as well. Outdated drivers can end up causing various errors on your computer, including “msvcp100.dll is missing”. So, having your drivers updated all the time is compulsory if you expect smooth performance.
When it comes to downloading drivers, there are two main ways to do it. For instance, you can either do it manually or automatically.
However, when it comes to updating drivers manually is a process that requires a lot of patience. You will have to find all the drivers manually and download them one by one. The biggest risk associated with this method is that you can end up downloading malware.
You may accidentally visit the wrong website and download malware that can ruin your entire system. So, you must be very careful when downloading such drivers.
If you hardly have the skills, patience, or time to download the most appropriate driver, there’s a superb option. As per this method, you can use the tool called Driver Easy.
Driver Easy is a very impressive tool that can scan your system effectively for faulty drivers. If you use this tool, you don’t have to search for drivers one by one.
In addition to that, it completely eliminates the risk of downloading the wrong drivers or malware. That is because it downloads drivers from official sources only. To download drivers through Driver Easy, you even use the free version of it.
Please Find Below a Simple Guide on How to Use Driver Easy on Your PC.
01. First, you should download Driver Easy on your PC. Then, get it installed.
02. Launch the program, and you can press “Scan Now” to proceed. Then, the scan will be started. It will detect the drivers that may have any issues.
03. Now, you should see a flag-like icon next to the drivers that are faulty. And then please click on the “Update” on each of those drivers to update them. You can perform this task with the free version.
04. If you want to update all the drivers at once, you should have the Pro version. With the Pro version of Driver Easy, it is a matter of clicking on ‘Update All“. All the drivers will be updated to the latest version with a single click.
05. Now, restart the PC and see if the error is gone.
So, that’s how to fix msvcp100.dll on windows. Do you have any other doubts? Please let us know.