Mfc100.dll is a component that can go missing and cause troubles in your system. When mfc100.dll is missing, you will see an error message.
Then, it will prevent you from logging on to your laptop or PC. If you are experiencing that issue and looking for a solution, keep reading and learn how to do it.
An Introduction to mfc100.dll
Mfc100.dll is the file identified as MFCDLL Share Library – Retail Version. In fact, this DLL is a part of the MS Visual Studio Programs.
Be it a game or an application; it requires mfc100.dll to be working perfectly. However, due to various reasons, this specific file can go missing. As a result, it can prevent you from using that program smoothly.
So, if that error occurred on your computer somehow, you are supposed to know how to fix it. That is exactly why we created this article for you. In this article, we will explain how to fix this error.
PS: if you are experiencing issues like the msvcp100.dll is missing.
Why is mfc100.dll Missing?
There are several reasons for your mfc100.dll file to go missing. Mentioned below is a list of reasons for this issue to occur.
- There is a malware infection on your system files.
- Your system experiences a hardware failure.
- Registry entries are corrupted.
- You have deleted the mfc100.dll file.
Error Messages You Might See when mfc100.dll is Missing
When mfc100.dll is missing, the error message related to it can occur in several different forms. If you want to get an idea about it, mentioned below are those messages.
- “Mfc100.dll Not-found”
- “The file mfc100.dll is missing”
- “Cannot find [XXXX]\mfc100.dll”
- “This application failed…….”
- “Cannot start [the application’s name]. A required component….”
The Solutions to Try if mfc100.dll is Missing
There are several solutions to try if the mfc100.dll file is missing from your PC. In this section, we will explain how to fix it.
As the first step, you should boot your computer and see if it boots correctly. If it happens as you have expected, there’s nothing to worry about.
However, if that doesn’t work, you are supposed to follow the solutions mentioned below. If you don’t see any positive results, you should go ahead and boot the PC in “Safe Mode.”
In order to boot your PC in safe mode, you will have to do a small trick. First, you should reboot the PC. You should just press the “Shift” key with “F8” when you see the Windows logo.
Method 01: Download Your MS Redistribution Package
If your mfc100.dll is missing, you can download an application from Microsoft’s official website. Then, you should install it in the system.
You can choose the most appropriate version of the OS when you download the package. If you don’t know the source, you can follow this link to get it done. That file will contain a new, clean mfc100.dll file.
Method 02: Check if You Have Mistakenly Deleted the Recycle Bin
Have you already deleted the mfc100.dll file, and it is available in the recycle bin? If that’s the case, you are likely to restore it. In this case, you should follow the steps that are mentioned below.
- First, open your “Recycle Bin,” and it is located on your PC desktop.
- Check if a file called mfc100.dll is available. If yes, you can go ahead and right-click on it. Then, choose the option called “Restore.”
- After that, the file will be restored to where you have deleted it.
Restart your computer and see if the same error appears.
Method 03: Go for a System Restore
If the previous solutions don’t work yet, you are supposed to try this one. In this case, you can restore the PC to a previous state where the system was working perfectly. As a result of a system restore, you can get all the missing files back in the system.
So, let’s go ahead and learn how to perform a restore. The method might differ based on the version of the operating system, and mentioned below is how to do it.
For Windows 8.1
- First, bring the cursor towards the right hand of the screen.
- Then, you should enter the text “Recovery” in the appearing search box to proceed.
- Now, click on “Settings,” which is located on the right side.
- Now, you can select the option called “Recovery.” That appears in the form of an icon.
- Then, you can choose the option called “Open System Restore.”
- Now, you should select the Recommended restore. That can be done with a click.
- After that, click on “Next,” which is located towards the bottom.
- Then, click on the option called “Finish.”
- Wait for a while so the process will be completed.
For Windows 10/11
When you are on Windows 10/11, you can go for a Reset, and it will keep the personal data. If not, you can go for a full restoration using a system image as well.
How to Reset Your System
- Hit the “Windows” button on your keyboard.
- Once the menu is evoked, enter the text “Recovery.”
- You can double-click on it, to the recovery settings will open.
- Choose “Restart” to proceed.
- Now, you should follow the on-screen instructions. That will take you to the end of the process. Then, you should restore the system following the options below.
- Hit “Windows.”
- Choose the option called “Create a restore point.” Click on “Enter” to proceed.
- Now, you will see a window with the text “System Properties.”
- Choose the option called “System Restore.”
- Hit “Next” and choose the option called “Restore Point.”
- Choose “Scan for affected programs.”
- Click “Close” and choose the option labeled “Next.”
- Click on “Finish.”
Method 04: Go for a Reinstallation
You may notice the “mfc100.dll is missing” error when installing a specific application on the system. Do you get this message after an installation? If so, you can follow the steps that are mentioned below.
- Restart the PC
- Uninstall the application you have installed recently
- Reinstall the application
- Perform a reboot on the PC
Method 05: Perform a Malware Scan
If you still experience the “mfc100.dll is missing” error, you should seek the assistance of a virus scan. After performing a complete, thorough virus scan, you can see if the issue is resolved. With Windows Defender, you can do the following.
- Click on the “Windows” icon and go to “Setting.”
- Then, choose “Update & Security.”
- Go to “Windows Security” and go to “Open Windows Security.”
- Click on the “Virus & Threat Protection.”
- Choose the option that says “Quick Scan.”
Method 06: Go for an SFC Scan
The next option is to perform an SFC scan with the expectation of fixing the mfc100.dll error. Please just follow below simple guide to do it.
- Click on the Windows icon.
- Now, enter the text CMD and select the option called “Run as administration.”
- Now, please enter the text “SFC /scannow” and hit “Enter.”
- You will see the scan starts. Just restart the system.
- In the end, you will see that the mfc100.dll is missing error is fixed.
Method 07: Check if the hard drive is OK
Your system can experience various errors if your hard drive has any form of corruption or damage. “Mfc10.dll is missing” is one of those possibilities.
So, mentioned below is how to check if the hard drive is working as expected.
- Click on “Windows.”
- Enter the text “cmd” and hit the “CTRL,” “SHIFT,” and “ENTER” keys together to proceed. That will open the command prompt with administrator privileges.
- Hit Yes when promoted.
- Enter the text “chkdsk/f“. Hit Enter.
- Now the scanning process will start.
- Follow the on-screen commands and see if the issue is fixed.
The Best Solution to Use if Your Mfc100.dll is Missing
If none of the above methods have worked for you, mentioned below is the best option to try. In this case, you will have to use a tool called DLL Repair Tool.
It can provide you with comprehensive solutions to fix many errors, including missing mfc100.dll. Any issue related to registry, apps, games, or even BSOD can be fixed with this tool easily.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Q: What is the Mfc100.dll file?
The Mfc100.dll file is a Dynamic Link Library that belongs to the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package. It contains code and data that multiple programs can use simultaneously.
Q: How can I fix the Mfc100.dll Is Missing error on Windows 10?
To fix the Mfc100.dll Is Missing error on Windows 10, you can try reinstalling the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package, restoring the Mfc100.dll file from the Recycle Bin, running a System File Checker scan, updating device drivers, or performing a system restore.
Q: Are DLL errors harmful to my computer?
DLL errors themselves are not harmful to your computer. However, they can cause instability and affect the functionality of programs that rely on specific DLL files.
Q: Can I download the Mfc100.dll file from the internet?
While it’s possible to download DLL files from various websites, it’s generally not recommended. It’s safer to obtain DLL files from official sources or through the proper installation of software.
Q: How can I prevent DLL errors in the future?
To prevent DLL errors in the future, it’s essential to keep your operating system and software up to date, regularly scan for malware, and ensure proper installation and removal of programs.
Q: Can I seek professional help to fix the Mfc100.dll Is Missing error?
If you’re unable to resolve the Mfc100.dll Is Missing error on your own, seeking professional help from a computer technician or contacting the software developer’s support team is a good option.
Encountering the Mfc100.dll Is Missing error can be frustrating, but with the solutions provided in this guide, you should be able to resolve the issue with ease. Remember to follow the steps carefully and consider seeking professional assistance if needed. By addressing thiserror promptly, you can ensure the smooth functioning of your system and enjoy a hassle-free computing experience.