It is no surprise if you have come across an error called 0xe0000100 when installing Windows 10. Such an error can arise due to several different reasons.
Regardless of the reason, however, we intend to explain how to fix it without much confusion. So, let’s keep reading.
The Nature of the 0xe0000100 Error
There are a couple of main reasons behind the 0xe0000100 error. In fact, this error can appear due to a corrupted system file or even a damaged software distribution folder.
As a result of encountering the 0xe0000100 error, you won’t be able to download the patches for your system.
With this specific guide, you can resolve that error. After that, you can install all the scheduled updates that are offered by Microsoft.
There’re several effective methods like reconfiguring your firewall, repairing any corrupted files, and resetting the components of the updates.
If you ever experience the 0xe0000100 error even after trying the above methods, you can try a clean install.
With that said, now we will discuss the most practical ways to achieve the above results.
The Solutions You Should Try to Fix 0xe0000100 Error
In this section, we intend to explain the best ways to fix this error. So, go ahead and learn how to get it done.
Besides, let’s figure out how to fix the 0x800703f1 Windows Update Error with ease.
Solution 1: Disable the Antivirus Program and Firewall
In many cases, 0xe0000100 errors can appear due to a conflict caused by the antivirus. The same can appear due to the functionality of the firewall as well. This is because both of those applications can identify the latest Windows update as a threat.
As a result, that will prevent installing the update. So, the best method to fix this error is to disable the firewall for a short period. If you have a third-party application, you can disable that too.
Generally, the steps to disable your antivirus may slightly differ based on its brand. Anyway, below is a general guideline for disabling them.
- First, please perform right-click on the main screen’s Windows icon to proceed.
- Now, you can select the option called “Update and Security” and open the new window.
- Click on the option called “Windows Security.”
- You can now jump into the pane located on the right-hand side. Then, choose the option called “Firewall & Network Protection.”
- You can follow the wizard and see the option “Private Network” on the screen. Click on it.
- After that, you can see an option called Windows Defender Firewall. Just switch the toggle button off.
- As the final step, you should go ahead and check if you can update the correct OS. If you can, that’s great! However, if you cannot do it, don’t worry! You can go ahead and use the next solution.
Solution 2: Go for a System File Checker Scan
If the previous solution didn’t work, the error is not related to the antivirus or firewall. So, you should find a different solution to address it.
In this case, we assume that the 0xe0000100 error is appearing due to a faulty system file.
However, before everything else, you should diagnose the bug first. Then, you should repair it. The good news is that both of those tasks can be accomplished using a single built-in tool.
Well, the tool or the utility we use here is System File Checker, which comes as a built-in tool.
With that said, below is how to fix this issue using an SFC scan.
- First, you should perform click on the Search field and enter the text “Command Prompt.”
- Now, you should perform right-click on the most appropriate option, and that will bring a new menu. In that popup menu, you should choose the option called “Run as Administrator” to move to the next level.
- Now, you are supposed to press the button called “Yes.”
- When you see the prompt, you can enter the command mentioned below to proceed.
- That’s basically it. Just wait for a while so the system itself will look for corrupted files. Then, it will repair all those corrupted files.
Solution 3: Reset the Update Components
As mentioned before, a corrupted Windows component or components can end up causing a 0xe0000100 error.
So, if none of the above solutions worked for you, let’s assume that you have a corrupted Windows component.
If that’s the case, you can go ahead and reset the updated components of Windows.
If you are not aware of that, you can go ahead and try the steps mentioned below.
- Press both Windows and R keys at the same time. That will bring the Run utility up. After that, please go ahead and enter commands to access certain features and applications.
- Just enter the text called “CMD” in the given space. After that, you should press the “Ctrl,” “Shift,” and “Enter” keys together. That will launch a command prompt with administrator privileges.
- If a prompt appears, you can tap on the option “Yes” to provide the required permission.
- Enter the following commands in the command-line interface. You can even copy and paste them. However, be sure that you use the “Enter” key after each command.
net stop bits
net stop wuauserv
- Once you execute the above commands, that will prevent BITS along with Windows Update Services from running.
- After that, you can enter the following commands to disable qmgr.dat.
cd /d %windir%\system32
- Once you have done that, you can register the BITS once again along with Windows Update. If you want to do that, you should enter the commands below. Be sure that you enter each of these commands followed by the “Enter” key.
After that, you should enter the following command so it will reset your Winsock.
netsh winsock reset
- After performing the above tasks, you will have to restart BITS as well as the Windows Update system. Mentioned below is how to perform this task.
net start bits
net start wuauserv
- Once this process is completed, you can go to the option “Check for Updates.” Then, you can try to install the updates once again if there are any.
Solution 4: Use the Media Creation tool
If you notice a 0xe0000100 error after all of the above steps, you are left with reinstalling Windows 10. To do that, you can use a bootable drive.
As a result of doing a clean installation, you will be able to remove the existing Windows directory. You can use the option called Media Creation.
Mentioned below is the process to do so. Make sure you have a backup of all the important files before proceeding with a clean installation.
- First, you should download Windows Media Creation Tool.
- Perform a right-click on the existing executable file. Then, choose “Run as Administrator” when the popup menu appears.
- Make sure that you click on the button called “Accept the license term.” Hit Next.
- Then, click on the radio button called “Upgrade this PC now.”
- Wait for a while so the process will be completed.
- You can then try to download the updates, and it should work perfectly.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Now, let’s address some frequently asked questions about the 0xe0000100 Installation Error and provide you with the answers you need to overcome this issue.
Q: Can I fix the 0xe0000100 Installation Error on my own?
A: Yes, you can fix the error on your own by following the solutions mentioned in this guide. These steps are designed to be user-friendly and can be easily implemented by individuals with basic computer knowledge.
Q: What should I do if none of the solutions work?
A: If none of the solutions provided in this guide resolve the 0xe0000100 Installation Error, it is recommended to seek assistance from the software’s support team or contact a computer technician for further troubleshooting.
Q: Can the error occur on any operating system?
A: The 0xe0000100 Installation Error can occur on various operating systems, including Windows 10, Windows 8, and Windows 7. The solutions mentioned in this guide are applicable to these operating systems.
Q: Will fixing the error cause any data loss?
A: Fixing the 0xe0000100 Installation Error should not cause any data loss. However, it’s always a good practice to back up your important files before making any changes to your system, especially when troubleshooting errors.
Q: Can I prevent this error from occurring in the future?
A: To minimize the chances of encountering the 0xe0000100 Installation Error in the future, make sure to keep your operating system and software up to date. Additionally, regularly perform disk cleanup to free up space on your hard drive.
Q: How long does it take to fix the error?
A: The time required to fix the error depends on various factors, such as the complexity of the issue and the speed of your computer. Following the solutions provided in this guide should help you resolve the error efficiently.
The 0xe0000100 Installation Error can be frustrating, but with the right solutions at your disposal, you can overcome it easily. We have discussed the common causes of the error and provided step-by-step solutions to help you resolve it. Remember to follow the instructions carefully and implement the solutions one by one until the error is resolved.
By following the guidelines outlined in this article, you should be able to install your desired software or program without encountering the 0xe0000100 Installation Error. If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, don’t hesitate to reach out to the software’s support team or consult a computer technician.