Learning how to repair Windows 10 without CD is handy for any Windows user. Due to various reasons, Windows can come across some issues at least once in a while.
So, knowing how to repair it will save your time and put you back in your work schedule immediately.
Top Practical Methods on How to Repair Windows 10 Without CD
Well, the purpose of this article is to explain how to repair Windows 10 without a CD. There are three practical solutions included below so you can choose the best option that matches your situation.
If you have some issues with the existing Windows OS on your PC, reinstallation is the best solution. Such an approach will fix all the glitches and misconfigurations. On top of that, it will help your PC to run smoothly and faster.
Create a Backup Before Reinstalling to Prevent Data Loss
Before starting the reinstallation process, you should create a backup of the existing data. When you repair Windows by reinstalling it, the data on the respective drive will be gone. Every user should do this if they want to prevent data loss.
We strongly recommend using a professional data recovery application for the sake of the security of your data.
In this case, the best tool you can rely on is EaseUS Todo Backup. This tool is compatible with all the current Windows versions like Windows 10, 8, and 7. The best thing about EaseUS Todo Backup is that it can back up files with some easy steps.
Let’s Learn How to Create a Backup of Your Data Before Proceeding to Repair It.
- Download and install EaseUS Todo Backup on your PC and launch it to see the main screen. Then, choose one of the options from “File Backup,” “Disk/partition Backup,” or “System Backup.” Each of these options is dedicated to accomplishing different purposes.
- Now, you should choose the system, the apps, or the files you intend to back up. After that, you should select a destination to save the backup files.
- Now, you should click on the option called “Proceed” so the backup process will be started.
We strongly recommend creating a System Backup of newly purchased computers using EaseUS Todo Backup. Later on, you can use that system image whenever you want to restore it to a cleaner, working state.
Creating an Application Backup
Before proceeding to the reinstallation, you will have to back up the applications on your system. As a result, you will be able to restore all of them after system reinstallation.
Luckily, EaseUS Todo PCTrans is there to help you out. It can move all the applications, files, and even user accounts from one computer to another. In addition to that, it lets you transfer data selectively.
With that said, let’s learn how to reinstall Windows 10 without necessarily losing existing data. Mentioned below are those three options on how to repair Windows 10 without CD.
Also, if you are experiencing the 0x00000004 blue screen error issue, click here for the top solutions.
Method #1: How to Repair Windows 10 Without CD with a Reset
You can use this method on your PC if it is already booting properly. Well, this method can fix all the issues associated with your OS. Also, the results of resetting will be similar to installing a clean copy of Windows through an installation disk.
Mentioned below is how to perform this action.
- Go to your “Start” menu and choose “Settings.” Then, go to “Update & Security.” After that, choose “Recovery.”
- Now, under the option called “Reset this PC? you will see an option called “Get Started.” Click on it.
- You should click either on “Keep my Files” or “Remove everything.” In fact, this option should be chosen based on your requirement. No matter which option you choose, the settings will be reset to defaults uninstalling all the apps.
- Once the process is completed, you should see a separate window. It mentions that the apps will be removed. Now, click on “Next” to go on.
- To reset the interface of the PC, click on “Reset,” and Windows 10 will be reinstalled.
And here are the top Windows spy software for your reference.
Method #2: Create an Installation Disk for Windows and Reinstall Windows 10
This is another method for those who wonder how to repair Windows 10 without a CD. As per this method, you are supposed to create an installation media. Also, the data on the PC will be wiped out because it installs a fresh copy of Windows 10.
Instead of a DVD, you can even use a USB or an SD card to perform this action. If not, you can even use an external hard drive to perform this action. If you choose a USB drive, for instance, it should have at least 8GB of free space.
- First, you should download the tool called Media Creation Tool through Microsoft on any other working PC.
- Then, you will see an option called “What do you want to do?“. Just select the option called “Create installation media for another PC.” Then, you should choose “Next” to proceed.
- Then, you should define specifications such as language, architecture, and edition. After that, select the media as well.
- If you choose a USB, connect an empty USB drive that has at least 8GB of free space.
- If you go with the ISO file, you should first save an ISO on your PC. You can use it to create a new bootable DVD for that. Once the file is downloaded, open the location and create an installation disk to proceed. You can use Windows Disk Image Burner to do this.
Once the device is selected, wait until the process is completed.
- Now, connect the USB drive to the faulty PC (on which you want to install Windows 10). If you are using a DVD, have it inserted into the DVD ROM.
- Restart the respective PC and boot it from DVD or USB. You can change the boot preferences by visiting the BIOS settings.
- Now, you will be guided through an on-screen set of instructions. That will lead you to the completion of the OS installation (What if the macOS Installation couldn’t be completed). Now, enter the license key when prompted.
Once all the steps are covered, your PC will be restarted with a clean copy of Windows 10.
By the way, if you wonder about how to move files from SSD to HDD with ease, this guide is just for you.
Method #3: How to Repair Windows 10 Without CD with a System Image
Do you wonder how to repair Windows 10 without CD if your PC is not booting properly? If so, this method can be your solution. However, to perform this method, you should have a recovery drive created in advance.
This is exactly why we always recommend our users create a backup of the system in advance.
- First, you should connect an external hard drive or a USB flash to the PC. You can even use an SD card to do it. Please note that the free space available on your external storage should be sufficient to accommodate the C drive.
- Now, launch EaseUS Todo Backup on the PC. Then, you should choose the OS. If not, you can click on the icon that represents the menu. That will bring the feature pane. Then, you should select the backup mode to proceed.
- As the next step, you should select Windows 10 OS you intend to back up. Then, you should click on “Browse” so you can navigate to the disk and select it. It should be the destination to save Windows OS as an image.
- Now, click on the option called “Proceed,” so the application will start to backup the OS. That means the OS will be saved as an image on the selected external disk.
- That’s basically it. The above set of steps will easily make a backup of the existing OS, which can be used later.
Restoring Windows 10 OS to Your PC
Here’s how to restore a PC with the Windows image you have already created.
- First, you should launch EaseUS Todo Backup and click on the option called “Recovery.” It is located on System Backup. If not, you can simply click on “Browse to Recover” and select the image you have already created.
- Now, click on “History Version” and choose one option to proceed. Confirm the contents and click on the option called “Next” to proceed. Then, you should select the target location, and that will be used to restore Windows OS.
- Click on “Proceed” so the backup recovery process will be started.
- Wait patiently for the process to be completed. Once the process is completed, you can simply restart the PC. You can see the PC is running with the image you have created, and the issues will be gone.
So, that’s all about how to repair Windows 10 without a CD. As you can notice, it is a pretty simple process if you have the correct tool like EaseUS Todo.
In this section, let’s take a look at some of the common FAQs related to Windows reinstallation. These questions are particularly important if you don’t have the original installation DVD with you. By reading the questions and answers mentioned below, you can get a clear idea of the process.
Q: How to Repair Windows 10 without CD?
Here’s a simplified guide to repairing your Windows PC without using an original installation disk.
- Go to the “Start” menu and reach “Settings.” Then, go to “Update & Security.” After that, choose “Recovery” as well.
- Then, under the option called “Reset this PC option,” go to “Get Started.”
- Choose the option called “Remove Everything.” Then, go to “Remove files and clean the drive.”
- As the last step, you should click on “Reset” so the installation will start.
Q: How to Install a Clean Copy of Windows 10?
Here’s how to perform a clean installation of Windows OS on your PC and repair it.
- First, you should download the tool called “Media Creation Tool” on a working PC. Please note that it should have an internet connection to do this.
- Now, you should create a Windows Installation Media using a USB drive that doesn’t have any other data.
- Get rid of the old disk and connect your new Solid-State Drive.
- Use the new installation media (USB drive) to boot the PC.
- Choose preferences, including language.
- Boot PC from the USB drive, and that’s it.
Q: How to Wipe out Windows 10 and Reinstall It?
You can use a built-in feature on Windows 10 to wipe out Windows 10 and reinstall it. As a result, your PC will start in a fresh mode. To do this, you should go to “Start” and choose “Settings,” then go to “Update & Security.” Choose “Recovery” as well. Click on the option called “Get Started,” which is located under “Reset this PC.”
Repairing Windows 10 without a CD is possible through various built-in tools and features. By following the methods outlined in this article, you can address common issues and restore your system’s functionality.
Remember to always back up your important files before initiating any repair process. With these techniques at your disposal, you can ensure a smooth and hassle-free experience with Windows 10.