0xc0000022 is a common error experienced by many Windows users across the globe. An error appears in Windows 10, 8, and 7.
You are spot-on if you read this article looking for solutions to fix error 0xc0000022! We will explain everything in the below sections.
Windows Application Error 0xc0000022
In general, you will get an error 0xc0000022 when you try to launch a specific application. Along with the 0xc0000022 error, you will see a message like the one below.
“The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022). Click OK to close the application”.
Well, what does this mean? In other words, what does this code represent? Many individuals across the globe experience this issue. So, fixing this error is a pretty common requirement among Windows users.
The good news is that this error is completely fixable. You can easily get through this annoying error by following the instructions we provide below. So, go ahead and fix 0xc0000022 and start using your computer smoothly.
PS: if you face issues like 0xc10100bf when playing a video, here are the top solutions.
Reasons Behind Error 0xc0000022
You might be wondering why if you have experienced a 0xc0000022 error in your PC. There are several reasons behind it, and as a result, the issue can appear at any time. So, for your information, we list the reasons for this error.
- Your system has incorrect access rights.
- Your system has a third-party antivirus program, affecting the overall operation.
- Or your system has some corrupted system files.
So, what are the fixes to address this 0xc0000022 error? Is it difficult? Not at all. Lets’ get to the solutions now. The good news is that we can start with simple fixes. For instance, you can perform a restart, and for some users, that solution works.
When you restart the PC, that will fix small glitches related to the execution of commands. Also, it can fix some errors related to the RAM. Also, trying other fixes, like disabling your antivirus program on the PC, is possible.
Some antivirus programs block certain executions and prevent programs from operating smoothly. As a result, you may experience a 0xc0000022 error as well. So, disabling the antivirus program temporarily and checking if the program works is a good solution.
In addition to that, reinstalling the respective application is another solution. Problems related to the installation or corrupted files may prevent that program from working.
To make it run smoothly, you can try a fresh reinstallation. If none of those simple solutions work, you can proceed to an advanced workaround explained below.
Best Solutions to Fix the Error 0xc0000022
Method 1: Check if the Permissions Are Set Properly
One of the most common reasons behind the 0xc0000022 is permission issues. That means this issue triggers when Windows applications cannot gain access to the required files to run a program.
Because of these permission issues, there will be more errors in the respective computer system. So, it is inevitable to change the permissions in a way that the program operates smoothly. That means you should give the permissions demanded by the respective program.
If You Wonder How to Do That, Mentioned Below Are the Instructions.
- First, you should right-click on the application that gives the trouble of 0xc0000022.
- After that, you should choose the ” Properties ” option on the context menu.
- You can now navigate to the “Security” tab to see the other options.
- Now, you should see an option to change the permissions. In this case, you should change permissions for all the users to Allow “Full Control”.
- As the next step, you should click on the option called “Apply” to proceed.
Once you have applied the respective change, you can launch the application that encountered error 0xc0000022. When you relaunch the app, you can check if the issue is gone by now. For a considerable number of users, this method should work.
Method 2: Use System File Checker
As the second method, you can use “System File Checker” and perform a scan to fix the 0xc0000022 error. With System File Checker, the system will perform a scan to find corrupted files in the system.
Please Find Below How to Perform a System File Checker Scan.
- First, you should enter the text “CMD” in the Cortana search box found in Windows 10 main interface. After that, you should right-click on the Command Prompt and select the “Run as Administrator” option.
- Now, you should enter the text “sfc /scannow” in that Command Prompt window. After that, you can hit the “Enter” key, so it will start to repair the corrupted system files.
- Once the scanning & repairing process is completed, you can check if the issue is gone. Most probably, the error might have gone at this stage. If the 0xc0000022 is persisting, you should move to the next option.
Besides, let’s figure out how to repair Windows 10 without a CD.
Method 3: Enable the Option Called “DirectPlay”
You might come across the error 0xc0000022 when you attempt to launch a pretty old application. The same thing can happen when you try to open a game.
If that’s the case, you can overcome it by enabling DirectPlay. You can use Windows Settings to implement this fix.
So, Let’s See How to Perform This Fix Now.
- First, you should perform right-click on Windows Start Menu. Then, select the option called “Run”. If not, you can even choose to press the Windows key and “R” key simultaneously on the keyboard. That will invoke the “Run” utility on the interface. Once the “Run” utility is launched, you can enter the text “appwiz.cpl” and press OK or hit “Enter“.
- Now, you can click on the option “Turn Windows features on or off“. It is located towards the left pane of the window.
- After that, you should scroll down and find the option “Legacy Components“. Once you have done that, you should check the “Legacy Components” box.
- You can expand the option labeled “Legacy Components” now. After that, you can check the box next to the option labeled “DirectPlay“.
- Now, please click on the “OK” button, so you can save the changes.
- Once you have done that, your PC will configure all the files to enable the option called “DirectPlay“. Then, you will see a message with the text “Windows completed the requested changes”. Once you see that, you should close that window and proceed.
The above options will help you fix the error 0xc0000022. After that, you can relaunch the application and see if the error is gone. Now, the error should be gone for most users.
Method 4: Perform a Malware Scan
It is also possible that file corruption is caused by a malware infection and leads to a 0xc0000022 error. Do you have reason to believe that your system has been compromised?
If so, you should run a malware scan and ensure your data files are safe. As a result, your computer system will be protected.
One of the most successful methods of dealing with malware is using Windows Defender. This specific tool comes as a pre-installed option on the operating system.
Also, if you are facing the Video_Scheduler_Internal_Error on Windows 10, here are the top solutions.
To Use That, You Should Follow The Steps That Are Mentioned Below.
- First, you should launch the “Settings” option in the “Start” menu to proceed. If not, you can simultaneously press the “Windows” key and “I” keys on the keyboard.
- Now, you should choose “Update & Security” and then go to “Windows Security”. You can find it in the “Start Menu”.
- Now, you should choose the “Virus & Threat Protection” option. It is located in the drop-down menu. After that, you should click on the “Scan Options” option.
- Now, you should select the “Windows Defender Offline Scan” option. You can find it in the respective drop-down menu and click “Scan Now”.
Now, you should let the Windows system complete the scanning process. After that, the threats will be removed from the PC.
Also, if you are experiencing the LogonUI.exe error, here are the top solutions.
Preventing Error 0xc0000022
Regular System Maintenance
Prevention, they say, is better than cure. Regular system maintenance can help prevent Error 0xc0000022 from occurring in the first place. It’s like keeping your house clean to prevent pests from invading.
Installing Reliable Antivirus Software
Installing reliable antivirus software is another effective way to prevent Error 0xc0000022. It’s like hiring a security guard to keep unwanted intruders at bay.
What is Error 0xc0000022?
Error 0xc0000022 is a common Windows application error that typically occurs when there’s a problem with the application’s access permissions.
What causes Error 0xc0000022?
Error 0xc0000022 can be caused by issues with the Windows registry, corrupt system files, or malware infections.
How can I fix Error 0xc0000022?
You can fix Error 0xc0000022 by running a system file check, performing a clean boot, or updating your drivers.
How can I prevent Error 0xc0000022?
You can prevent Error 0xc0000022 by performing regular system maintenance and installing reliable antivirus software.
Can outdated drivers cause Error 0xc0000022?
Yes, outdated drivers can often be the cause of Error 0xc0000022.
Is Error 0xc0000022 a serious issue?
While Error 0xc0000022 can be frustrating and interrupt your workflow, it’s typically not a serious issue and can be fixed with the right steps.
In conclusion, Error 0xc0000022 – Fix This Windows Application Error might seem like a daunting task, but with the right knowledge and tools, it’s entirely manageable. Remember, every problem has a solution, and this Windows application error is no exception. So, the next time you encounter Error 0xc0000022, don’t panic. Just refer back to this guide, and you’ll be back on track in no time!