The Verizon router blinking white light can signify many issues. Ranging from a simple internet connection problem to a major hardware issue.
The good news is that most of the time, the blinking white light on the Verizon router doesn’t mean anything serious.
And you can quickly fix it by resetting or rebooting your router. However, if you’re still experiencing problems after trying these solutions, then it might be time to call Verizon tech support.
A Verizon router that has a flickering white light indicates that it is attempting to power up. Or it may be in its self-diagnosis mode.
Your router has successfully booted up if the solid white light illuminates rather than blinking. And is prepared to transmit and receive a wireless signal.
A white light that is blinking could also be caused by:
- A poor cable/DSL modem or power supply connection
- Interference caused by surrounding gadgets. Like the gadgets that communicate with one another via wireless signals.
- A firmware update is in progress. This could also cause your Internet connection to be disconnected until everything finishes updating itself again after being completed. Without any intervention needed from you whatsoever!
- Power outage. If so, just wait until power is restored before turning it off/on again. Everything else is connected to the same outlet strip where the power source was located. Such as computer monitor(s), desktop tower, PC system components (CPU fan spinning around like crazy at high speeds), etc.
Besides, are you troubled with the yellow light on your Verizon router? If so, then this article will introduce you to 7 easy ways to fix it. So, read on.
The Verizon Fios router blinking white light is a common issue that can be fixed easily. Some of the ways by which you can do so are as follows:
1. Reboot the Router
If the blinking white light is still there, it is time to reboot your Verizon router. To do this, turn off the router and wait for 30 seconds.
After that time has passed, turn on your Verizon router again. The light should blink/flicker for a few moments before going solid again.
Suppose this was successful in fixing your issue with the Fios router blinking white light; great! You can continue using it as usual. And enjoy having Internet access in all areas of your home or business once again!
2. Restarting the Verizon Router
Power cycling the Verizon router should be your first step. This means that after waiting for around five minutes, you should unplug and turn off your router. Then turn it back on after plugging it back in.
For your Verizon router to restart:
- Press the power button on your Verizon router to turn it off.
- If your Verizon router has a cable plugged into an outlet, unplug it. Alternatively, if it is powered by batteries, remove them.
- Connect the cord to the Verizon router once more after waiting approximately five minutes (or put new batteries in).
- Press the power button on the Verizon Router once more to turn it on.
3. Restart the Verizon Router Using the Power Button
To restart your router, press and hold the power button on the back of your Verizon router for 30 seconds. This will effectively shut down the router and reboot it.
Disconnect the power adapter from your Verizon Router after 30 seconds of holding the power button down. And after 30 seconds, plug it in once more using a fresh surge protector or wall outlet.
Make sure to allow it enough time to start up when turning it on again before attempting to attach anything else, as this could cause more problems than they solve.
Have you tried all of these steps and are still having the Verizon router blinking white light problem? If so, you may want to contact Verizon customer service for further assistance.
4. Disconnect and reconnect the Power Cables
The blinking white light error may be a sign of a connection issue. If so, you can try this method to resolve it:
- Disconnect the power cable from the router.
- Disconnect the ethernet cable from the router.
- Reconnect your power cable to the router. And wait for 30 seconds after plugging it in before reconnecting your ethernet cable.
Once you’ve reconnected the ethernet cable, wait for the router to finish booting up. If this doesn’t work, try resetting your router and modem.
If you still have issues, contact your ISP and ask them to check the network. If they find a problem with the line, they may be able to fix it remotely.
5. Update the Software of Your Verizon Router
Suppose the blinking white light on the Verizon router results from a software issue. Then updating the software may be the easiest way to fix it. This can be done using either an app or by accessing the admin section of your router’s administration panel.
The steps for updating your router’s firmware will differ depending on what kind of device you’re using and how old it is.
For example, newer routers may require that you connect to their web interface via an Ethernet cable. In contrast, older models might only have Wi-Fi capabilities.
Also, suppose your internet connection isn’t working properly. In that case, this will likely prevent any updates from working correctly. So ensure that all power sources and cables are securely connected before trying anything else!
If you are using a newer model router with Wi-Fi capabilities, you will want to connect directly to your device using an Ethernet cable. If this isn’t possible, try connecting via Wi-Fi first (using your home network).
Then, once it’s connected, go into the admin section of your router’s administration panel. And click on “Update Firmware.”
The simple steps are:
- Open the router’s admin web GUI by logging in.
- Select System Settings.
- To Check for Software Update, click.
6. Factory Reset
In this part, you will learn how to factory reset the Verizon router.
● What is a Factory Reset?
Factory resetting a device is a process that restores it to its original state by performing a hard reset and removing all previous settings and data. This process can be done for both software malfunctions and hardware problems.
● How Do I Factory Reset My Verizon Router?
Follow the steps below to factory reset the Verizon Fios router blinking white light:
But remember, you should back up any crucial info before doing this since it will remove all your unique settings.
- Access the web interface of the router.
- Click on Advanced options.
- Select Save & Restore under Utilities.
- Select Restore Configuration by choosing Factory Default.
7. Contact Verizon Customer Support
Verizon customer support is one of the best in the industry. They provide their customers with various technical solutions. And assistance in resolving any kind of problem-related to your internet connection.
They can help you solve all kinds of issues related to your wireless router and modem. Or other devices connected to the Verizon network.
The phone numbers for Verizon technical support are provided below:
- 1-800-837-4966 (for customer service)
- 888-378-1835 (for billing and payments)
How Can Verizon Customer Support Help You?
If you’re having issues with Fios Router blinking white light, there are several ways Verizon customer support can help.
- The first is by fixing the blinking white light issue on their end. This will be covered in more detail below. But it’s important to note that this is only possible if you have a warranty for your router. If not, you’ll have to pay for repairs yourself and hope nothing goes wrong with your router afterward.
- The second way is by preventing the blinking white light issue from happening in the future. Verizon tech support representatives can tell you how to do this over live chat or through email correspondence with them.
- Finally, if neither of those options works out for you, then there’s always option number three: getting another type of internet connection altogether!
You must keep your router in a cool and dry place. You should avoid keeping it near any water as this can cause short circuits and damage your router’s components.
Additionally, you should avoid blocking the vents on the device or covering it with anything that might cover these vents.
The best way to prevent this issue is by placing your router in a spot where there are no other electronic devices. This will help prevent interference from these devices when connecting to your network.
It is also recommended that you stay away from areas with fluorescent lights. Because these can interfere with how fast your connection works on data rates within close proximity (i.e., 5 feet away).
The best thing to do is to move your router away from any devices emitting a lot of radio frequency interference. And then try connecting again. If the issue remains, you may have to replace your router altogether because it could be damaged or broken somehow.
If you are having trouble with the Verizon Fios router blinking white light, then there are a few things that you can do to troubleshoot it.
First, check the LED lights on the front of the device. If they’re blinking white, then this means that the router is trying to boot up.
You may need to power cycle or restart the router, which is done by pressing the Power button on its backside.
If these steps aren’t helping and you are still experiencing problems with your Verizon router after trying them all out. Then contact their customer support team for further assistance!