You have landed on this article because you wanted to learn about the MetroPCS activation process.
The good news is that we intend to cover how to do it on brand-new and used devices. So, keep reading this article and learn about MetroPCS activation.
PS: here are the best IMEI number trackers to spy on phones.
MetroPCS Activation: Brand-New Devices
First, let’s learn about how to do a MetroPCS activation on a brand-new device. Suppose that you have bought the new MetroPCS device and now wonder where to start.
The truth is that the MetroPCS activation process is not as hard as one might assume. As long as you follow the steps correctly, you can get it done in a very short period.
First, you should install the SIM properly and choose the desired phone plan that fits your budget.
Then, you should call customer service so the MetroPCS phone will get activated. If you need the process in a step-by-step method, here’s how to do it.
Have the Required Information in Hand
It is very important to have all the information ready on your hand before everything else. Make sure that you have the SIM card and your phone ready. Your name, address, and the account PIN should be with you to do MetroPCS activation.
If the SIM card is not there, you should get one from MetroPCS. If not, you can even buy one from a retail store easily.
Find the Serial Numbers
If you want to give your MetroPCS phone a full activation, you should have two things in hand.
The serial number of your SIM card and the serial number of your new phone are those things. To find the serial number of the SIM card, you should either look at the plastic card.
If not, you should see it on the SIM itself. For the phone’s serial number, you can look for the retail box. Please note that the EMEI and the serial number of the device are the same.
So, if you need to find it, you can even look under the battery of the device. In addition to that, you can even access the serial number through the device settings on your MetroPCS phone.
Get the SIM Card Installed
To activate your device on the MetroPCS network, you should insert the SIM card first. Be sure that you follow the specific instructions provided through the device during the process. You must remember that different phone models will require different methods to insert SIM cards.
However, perform a Google search if you need specific instructions on inserting a SIM on your MetroPCS device.
Besides, if you have issues with a network-locked SIM card inserted, here are the best solutions.
Choose an Appropriate Plan
Now you should go to MetroPCS online platform and view the mobile plans it offers. You can see several options to match your plan. Generally, these plans can vary based on features and prices. Some of the plans are very affordable, and they offer basic features only.
Also, there are other plans that come under expensive price tags but have unlimited usage. So, choose the plan that suits your general usage and the budget you intend to spend.
Also, one good thing about it is that you can change your plans later on. If you are not satisfied with the current plan, you can always downgrade or upgrade the plan accordingly.
Activate It on MetroPCS Network
Now that we have come to the end of the process, we should do MetroPCS activation. When it comes to activation, there are two methods to select from based on your preference.
For instance, you can choose to do it online or by making a call to customer service. Assuming that you have all the information in hand, you should provide them when required by MetroPCS.
As we mentioned before, your name, address, EMEI number, and SIM card serial are needed.
In addition to providing information, you will have to make a payment as well when activating. The amount you have to pay equals the first month’s payment of the plan you have selected.
MetroPCS Activation: Used Device
The above section of your article describes how to perform a MetroPCS on a brand-new device. However, this section explains how to do it on a used device. MetroPCS devices come with a variety of features to impress users.
What if you bought a MetroPCS device some time ago and abandoned it for a long time? Can you activate it back? Yes, it is absolutely possible.
If you need to reactivate your MetroPCS device is a different process compared to the previous one. That means activating a new device and reactivating an older device are two other things.
If you have a used MetroPCS device and want to reactivate it, read the following instructions. Depending on your preference, there are several options to consider when reactivating your MetroPCS device.
For instance, you can add a device as an additional line to an existing account. Or, you can even start a new account. You can even change the MetroPCS phone, which is already listed under your phone number. That is despite the duration you have had the device.
Steps to Take to Reactivate the MetroPCS Account.
- Get a phone (anything except the phone you intend to reactivate). Then, you should make a call to 1-888-8-Metro-8. An agent will answer your phone, and you will have to provide basic information. That means you should provide your name, address, and ESN (or MEID). ESN can be found under the battery of the phone. Then, the agent will provide you with the required information related to the reactivation process. They will also let you know how to program the device.
- Then, you should dial “*228” using the device you intend to activate. Make sure that you provide a code with eight digits, depending on your preference. Also, you should enter the name and address when it is prompted. You will see that the device will be programmed for you automatically, and the account will be set up. However, you should know that this method doesn’t work if the respective device is BlackBerry or another smartphone.
- Now, you should visit the official website of MetroPCS to get the phone activated online. Then, you should click on the option labeled ‘Activate.’ Follow the steps that are provided on the website to get the phone activated. You will have to provide your name, address, and some other information about your phone. For instance, you will have to provide information like the serial number and model number. Online instructions can be found when you are proceeding with the setup.
- That’s basically it. You will now see that your used MetroPCS is activated. You can use the device as usual without any trouble.
By the way, if you are bothered by the FaceTime waiting for activation issue, click to fix it quickly now.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Can I bring my own phone to MetroPCS?
Yes, MetroPCS allows you to bring your own device, as long as it is unlocked and compatible with their network.
2. Can I keep my current phone number when switching to MetroPCS?
Absolutely! MetroPCS allows you to port your current number, maintaining continuity and saving you the hassle of updating your contact information.
3. What do I do if my MetroPCS activation fails?
If you encounter issues during activation, the first step is to contact MetroPCS’s customer service. They can assist you in troubleshooting the problem.
4. How long does the activation process usually take?
Activation should typically be completed within minutes. However, in some cases, it may take up to 24 hours.
5. Do I need to activate my new MetroPCS phone immediately?
It’s best to activate your phone as soon as possible to ensure everything is working correctly and to start enjoying your MetroPCS service.
So, that’s it about MetroPCS activation. As you may see, performing MetroPCS activation is very easy. It can be performed no matter if it is a used device or a brand-new device.