Are you a Discord user looking to up your game by adding bots to your server? You’re in the right place! Our guide will show you how to add bots to Discord, making your server more lively and engaging.
What are Discord Bots?
There is a huge variety of Discord bots in terms of their features. These bots have a lot of productive and non-productive features for people to use on servers.
For instance, many bots play music and display funny memes when you request them. They also fetch statistics of your game, including playing an airhorn in the channel.
Apart from productive things, Discord bots have many non-productive features. For instance, you can use a Dank Member bot that lets you manipulate the image and add silly sound gags to the image. You can use bots to do many other dumb things like this.
However, if you want to use bots for something productive, you can easily use them. Bots can boost your productivity with their smart features. You can use the Carbonite website to learn more about these useful bots.
On this website, you can get a lot of information about Discord bots. Plus, there is GitHub, which is a great website for learning about Discord bots.
If you want to know how to add roles in Discord, here you are.
Benefits of Adding Bots to Your Discord Server
Enhancing User Engagement
Bots can keep your server lively by stimulating conversations, playing games, and even telling jokes.
Moderation and Management
Bots can help in moderating content, banning spammers, and even scheduling events. They’re like your virtual assistants, making the server management task much simpler.
How to Add Bots to Discord?
Now that you know what Discord bots are and their functions, you might want to know how to add bots to Discord. The process of how to add bots to Discord is quite easy and quick.
For this, you just need admin access to the Discord server, which is known as the ‘Manage server,’ to make this process work. Apart from this, most of the work is already done.
A few bots necessitate you to stay logged in to the server via your client and browser. However, not all bots require this. You need to do your own research and see which bots have what requirements.
If you already have admin access permission for your Discord server, you just have to choose a bot according to its look and likes. You can check out the reviews of various bots and then select the best one out of them. After this, you have to add the selected bot using the online interface of your Discord.
Follow These Steps to Know How to Add Bots to Discord the Easy Way:
- Visit the website of your Discord and log into it.
- Go to your Discord profile and the category of ‘General Permissions.’ Here, you need to see that the option of ‘Manage Server‘ is enabled.
- You need to choose ‘Invite Bot‘ or ‘Add Bot to Server‘, depending on your source type.
- After this, you need to pick up a server in which you can insert the bot. You must approve the bot via the popup box on your screen.
- Now, open your Discord server. You can see the bot on the side of your Discord server.
This is the best and easiest method to add bots to Discord. In this way, you can add bots to a Discord server with just a few clicks. This method is great for beginners.
However, if you are an experienced user, then you can make use of the URL technique that tells you how to add bots to Discord. For this, you must be aware of the bot’s Client ID. This is also an easy way to add GitHub bots and other bots.
If You Want to Use the Url Method, You Need to Follow These Steps to Know How to Add Bots to Discord:
- Just like the above-mentioned steps, you must be logged in to the Discord server if you want to carry out this method.
- Now, you must open your web browser and paste this URL: https://discordapp.com/oauth2/authorize?client_id=&scope=bot&permissions=0.
- You must change the ‘Bot_Client_ID’ mentioned in this URL with the real client ID of your preferred bot.
- Although the bot does everything using the Oauth2 command, you still have to permit the bot.
You can use any of these two methods to add bots to your Discord server. As mentioned above, the first method is for novices, and the second method is for experienced users.
After you add bots to Discord, the bot can connect with your users in any way you choose, including getting the stats of your game, playing music, or playing memes.
Giving Authorization to Your Discord Bot
Since Discord is quite cautious of bots, it requires numerous authorizations to let them work. The platform uses Oauth2 to permit a bot to access and connect with the users.
However, it might still ask you to give authorization to it within the channel. Even though adding several bots is tedious, it is better to do so.
Even though you might not face this issue, some bots still ask you to authorize the bot. They give a message saying the app can’t read or send your messages until you select the ‘Authorize’ option given below them.
If you see such a message within your channel, don’t fret! Just select the option of ‘Authorize’ given below this message. You just have to check to mark the small box under the message. When you select it, the bot will normally work as you want it to work.
Also, if you wonder how to tell if someone blocked you on Discord, using the various methods mentioned here, you will know how to know someone has blocked you.
- Can anyone add bots to Discord? Yes, but only server administrators have the permissions to add bots to a Discord server.
- Are Discord bots free? Most Discord bots are free to add to your server, but some may offer premium features at a cost.
- Is it safe to add bots to Discord? Yes, it’s safe as long as you’re adding bots from trusted sources like the Discord Bot List.
- Can I create my own Discord bot? Absolutely! If you have the right coding skills, you can create a bot that perfectly suits your server’s needs.
- What are the best Discord bots to add? This depends on your server’s requirements. Some popular ones include MEE6, Dyno, and Dank Memer.
- How do I remove a bot from my Discord server? Just right-click the bot’s name in your server’s member list and select ‘Kick’ or ‘Ban’.
Adding bots to your Discord server can enrich your server’s environment, making it more engaging and manageable. It might seem like a daunting task at first, but with this guide, you should be able to navigate the process with ease. Happy bot adding!