Knowing how to set up rules in Discord is important to maintain the overall quality of a server.
Rules define the culture and the boundaries for users, so everyone experiences the expected standards.
So, let’s keep reading and learn how to add rules to the Discord server for its growth and stability.
Why Do You Want to Set Up Rules for a Discord Server?
There’s still a strong emphasis on game chat, but Discord has grown to encompass a wider range of features. For people from various areas of life, Discord servers provide a place where they may discuss anything.
As the server administrator, you may wish to add rules to the server in order to establish its identity.
In addition to that, such rules are required to assure security and maintain boundaries for users. So, knowing how to make rules on Discord is important for any admin.
In order to set up the server rules, you will first need to enable the server’s Community function. After you’ve learned how to accomplish that, you may go ahead and add your own.
Besides, if you wonder how to perform a Discord screen share, this guide is just for you.
Enabling Community Feature
Before you can set up your server’s rules, you’ll first need to enable the “Community” option.
Turn your server to a community server on the desktop to activate the Community functionality.
- First, you should navigate to the official website of Discord or the desktop app and sign in.
- Then, locate the Discord server that should be regulated.
- Click on the name of the server and hit “Next“. After that, you should click on “Next“. Then, you should go to the option called “Server Settings“.
- Now, you will see an option called “Sever Overview“. In your left sidebar, you will see an option called “Community“. Click on the option called “Enable Community” to proceed.
- Click on the option called “Get Started“, and you can convert the server to a community server.
- When you are on “Safety Checks“, be sure to verify your email address. Then, you should switch on the option called “Explicit Media Content Filter“.
- After that, you can hit “Next” the option to proceed.
- When you are on “Set Up Basics“, there will be a drop-down menu. It can be used to configure channels for guidelines and community updates. Those who don’t have such channels should select “Create One….” Option. After the channels are configured, you should select “Next“.
- When you are in Finishing Touches, there will be a couple of options to choose from.
- Select the checkboxes that are appropriate. After that, you should click on “Finish Setup“.
How Do I Create Rules in Discord Server Using a PC?
In this section, let’s learn how to set up rules in Discord using a PC. Now that you have converted your server to a “Community“, it is possible to add server rules to it.
PS: if you are experiencing the Discord stream no sound problem, click to fix it effortlessly.
Steps to set up rules in Discord via computer:
- First, you should open “Discord” either through the desktop app or a web browser. Then, you should sign in.
- Now, you should go to the community server that is created just before. After that, click on the name of the server. Go to “Server Settings“.
- Now, you should click on the option called “Membership Screening“. It is under “Community“.
- Click on “Get Started“.
- Now, enter the rule you intend to implement on the server.
- To add more rules, click on “Add a Rule“. Then, hit “Save“.
- After that, add a description to the server. Give a brief introduction and click on “Enable“.
After enabling “Membership Screening“, all the new members should agree to those rules that are set up.
Otherwise, they will not be able to react or send messages. And that’s how to set up rules in Discord using a PC.
How to Add Rules to Discord Server Using an iPhone?
In this section, let’s learn how to set up rules in Discord using your iPhone.
Well, mobile apps don’t let you manage a feature called “Membership Screening“.
But you will be able to manage and configure new rules with its web-based app.
However, before adding rules to the server, you should convert your server to a “Community“. Click on “Enable the Community Feature“.
After that, follow the steps below.
Steps to make rules on Discord using an iPhone:
- Go to Discord using the web app. Then, sign in.
- Go to the community server and select “Server Settings“.
- Hit “Membership Screening” (located under “Community”).
- Click on “Get Started“.
- Through the virtual keyboard, enter the rule that should be implemented.
- Click on “Add a Rule” and hit “Save“.
- Make sure that you add a server description. Then, under “Description“, add a suitable description. After that, click on “Enable“.
Now, members should agree to the new rules if they want to send reactions and messages.
How Do You Make Rules in Discord Server Using an iPad?
The “Membership Screening” function cannot be managed using a mobile app on an iPad. To do this, you may sign in to your profile via its web-based app and enjoy the desktop environment.
Once the server has been converted into a community server, you can then begin including rules on the server. You can then go to “Enable the Community Feature“.
Steps to add rules to Discord server via iPad:
- Sign in on your Discord web app.
- Go to the community server and select the name of the server to proceed. After that, select the option called “Server Settings“.
- Go to the section called “Community” and select “Membership Screening“.
- Select “Get Started“. This button is located at the base.
- Use a virtual keyboard and enter the rules as you wish.
- If you have multiple rules to enter, hit “Add a Rule“. Make sure that you select “Save” after adding each rule.
- As the final step, tap on “Enable” to proceed.
After setting up the rules, all the members are supposed to agree to them before participating.
How to Set Up Rules in Discord Using Your Android Device?
Members cannot currently control the “Membership Screening” feature via the mobile app. It is true that your phone doesn’t have a web browser.
However, it is still possible to use the desktop version of Discord to set up the rules. Then, you can monitor your chats and maintain the standards of your server.
Your server’s rules can be added once it has become a “community“. If you’ve already done so, you may use Android to establish the rules of your server.
Steps to set up rules on a Discord server using an Android device:
- First, you should go to “Discord” through the web app and log in with your credentials.
- Now, you should find the community server. After that, tap on the name of the server. Choose the option called “Server Settings“.
- Go to the “Community” section located in the left sidebar. Be sure to choose the option called “Membership Screening“. Now, you will see a tool called “Membership Screening“.
- Add your rules after tapping on the option called “Get Started“.
- Enter rules using a virtual keyboard. If not, you can use an existing rule from the list.
- Then, select “Add a Rule“. After that, enter the rule. Thereafter, you can select “Save” so the added rule will be saved.
- You should add a description by using the “Description” field. Then, hit “Enable” so your server will have a description.
That’s how to set up rules in Discord with an Android. Any new member should agree to those rules if they want to send messages or reactions.
So, that’s how to make rules in Discord. By adding rules, you can expect a better standard in your server. Creating rules is possible regardless of the platform used.
If your users adhere to those rules, the quality of the server will remain up to your expectations.