Microsoft Office is an undeniably useful software package. It is most popular for including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, but other programs have been added over the years.
OneNote, Publisher, and Access are just a few that come to mind. Each program that Microsoft Word provides has a plentiful selection of features, and in recent versions, this includes password protection.
With this addition, there has been an increase in Microsoft Excel users seeking an Excel password breaker.
Protecting an Excel file with a password is a great way of limiting access. Unless you share the password with others, you’ll never have to worry about prying eyes seeing private information.
But if you forget the password, you’ll also be unable to view the file’s contents. So, if you find yourself in that situation, try one of the password breakers below.
What is an Excel Password Breaker?
A password breaker can mean many different things. Some will use password-cracking methods to obtain the password, while others simply remove the password altogether.
Excel password breakers are no different. Some of the programs we’ll list work by running a password-cracking algorithm to determine the spreadsheet’s password.
Others just remove the password for you. There are benefits to both approaches, but that’s the gist of how these tools work.
Also, find out how to remove hyperlinks in Excel.
Why Use an Excel Password Breaker?
Using a password breaker is to bypass the file’s password. However, here are a few examples to help you envision the practical situations for using these tools.
- You Forgot the Password. Simple human error is the main reason people want to break an Excel password. Having so many passwords to remember and protecting so many spreadsheets makes it difficult to remember all of them. So, an Excel password breaker will be necessary if you can’t remember what you set the password for.
- You Aren’t the Creator. Perhaps someone sent you a spreadsheet, but they forgot to remove the password protection. You can contact them, wait for a response, or use a password breaker.
- The password isn’t Working. We’ve all had experiences attempting to sign into an account or unlock a file, and the password just doesn’t work. No matter how certain you are that it’s the right password, and it may well be, it isn’t being accepted. If so, you can remove the password and set it up once you get access.
There are plenty of other reasons, and whatever yours is, using an Excel password breaker will solve the problem.
Excel Password Breakers
So, without further ado, here are the eight best password breakers to consider for Microsoft Excel and some details about them.
1. PassFab for Excel
Kicking things off is PassFab for Excel. This impressive tool is one of the newer solutions and has already proven effective.
When using this program, you can remove passwords that prevent you from opening the file altogether or remove editing-restricting passwords. Either way, it’ll provide you with full access
When removing an Excel file’s password, you can choose from 3 professional recovery methods. All you do is choose one, and the password will be shown to you within minutes.
- Supports Excel files created with version 95 onwards.
- Very easy password removal program to use.
- It can be used to remove workbook passwords and edit restrictions.
- It has three password-cracking methods to ensure every Excel file is unlocked.
- Works in any situation.
- Similar PassFab versions are available for other file types (e.g., Word and PDF files).
You don’t have to buy this program; a free version is available.
- Nothing so far!
2. Passware Excel Key
An Excel password breaker that goes the extra mile is Passware Excel Key. With this tool, you can bypass any Excel passwords you see and quickly access a spreadsheet with protection.
Like PassFab for Excel, this program includes multiple recovery modes and won’t impact the file’s data.
- Capable of unlocking files from any Microsoft Excel version.
- You can remove any type of password protection from an Excel file.
- Utilizes all of your computer’s hardware to speed up password removal.
- Uses various password recovery methods to ensure any file can have its password removed.
- Although a free trial is offered, this only provides you with the password’s first three characters.
- An outdated user interface makes it less visually appealing.
Also, here is the full PCUnlocker Review for your information.
3. Excel Password Recovery Wizard
You might prefer to go with a fundamental option, in which case Excel Password Recovery Wizard is what you’re looking for.
This tool is free to use, to an extent, and can remove passwords from Microsoft Excel and Word.
After you choose an Excel file, it begins running an extensive dictionary of passwords until it detects a match. Since most people use a basic password, this approach is usually enough.
- Great for any passwords of which you already know a few characters.
- Removes Excel and Word passwords.
- Simple and straightforward to use.
- Free if you have the most recent Excel version.
- This isn’t the best tool to use if you are cracking a long or complex password.
- Cracking files from earlier versions of Excel will require you to purchase the full version.
Online tools are also viable Excel password breakers. One site, in particular, is Password-Find.com which, to some extent, is free to use. You upload the file, and the password is removed within minutes.
While the site imposes certain limits (e.g., how many passwords you can remove and upload file sizes), it is still a fantastic solution. There are also paid services available that you can use to view a file’s password.
- It doesn’t require you to install any software.
- Unlocks Excel files free of charge.
- Capable of unlocking files from any Excel version.
- You can remove an Excel file’s password or the editing restrictions.
- After you use this site to bypass ten passwords, you have to pay for more.
- There is an upload limit on the file size of the Excel file you want to access.
5. Password Genius Standard
Another Excel password breaker that caught our eyes is Password Genius Standard. As you’d expect, it can unlock Excel files with passwords.
But the more impressive capability is that it can also remove passwords from other Microsoft Office programs.
Once you download the free trial, you can try it out, but after unlocking three files, you’ll have to upgrade to the full version.
In contrast to the other password breakers, this program cannot remove editing restrictions. As a result, it is at a slight disadvantage.
- It isn’t limited to just unlocking Excel files.
- Easy to use for beginners and professionals.
- Utilizes hardware to accelerate the password removal process.
- Only free to unlock your first 3 Excel files.
- It can’t be used to remove Excel editing restrictions.
6. eSoftTools Excel Password Recovery
eSoftTools Excel Password Recovery is a professional tool with an incredibly high password removal success rate and doesn’t fail to impress.
With the brute force approach, this program can quickly analyze the Excel file and remove the password in minutes.
It walks you through the process, is very easy to use, and works for Microsoft Word files. If you already know a few details of the password, then this helps speed up the process.
- Very simple for all users to use and unlocks Excel files in minutes.
- Includes features to unlock Word files as well.
- It uses a brute force attack method to ensure all files are unlocked.
- Unlocks Excel files and removes worksheet restrictions.
- It doesn’t offer a free trial to try before you buy.
- It costs more than some of the other password breakers.
- It has an older user interface design.
7. Straxx Excel Password Remover
With this Excel password breaker, you can’t recover the password; instead, it is simply removed from the document.
This might seem like a downside, but if you’ve forgotten the password, it saves you the hassle of removing it to change it.
Setting that aside, there are two versions of this tool. The free version is perfect if you have older versions of Excel, such as 2007 or 2010. But if you use Excel 2013 or 2016, you’ll have to pay for the PRO version to unlock the file.
- Easy to use and has a straightforward process.
- Users are shown steps to follow throughout the password removal process.
- The data inside of the workbook does not get affected by using this tool.
- Free to use if you are unlocking an older Excel file.
- Unlocking newer Excel files require users to purchase the PRO version.
- This tool only removes the password, which will alert whoever the file owner is.
8. Advanced Office Password Recovery
Last up is Advanced Office Password Recovery, a tool that can recover the password from any file created using Microsoft Office. This includes Excel files and Word, Publisher, and many other file types.
Although the user interface makes the tool look older, don’t let this mislead you. It is incredibly effective, and you have the option to unlock files using a variety of attack methods.
From the standard dictionary attack to the more aggressive brute force, you can be certain that this Excel password breaker will get past the password.
- Easy to navigate and use.
- Suitable for breaking virtually any password.
- Uses the computer’s GPU to speed up the password recovery/removal process.
- It can also recover other MS Office files.
- Several versions are available, although all are very expensive
More About PassFab for Excel
At the top of our list is PassFab for Excel. It never fails to impress us and doesn’t require much effort from the user.
Not to mention the other versions of PassFab for Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and various other file types.
So, before we wrap up this list, we’ll explain how to use PassFab for Excel quickly.
Remove Password from Excel with PassFab
Whether you have the free trial version or have paid for the full version, follow the steps below to unlock a Microsoft Excel file with this program.
#1 – Download and install PassFab for Excel on your computer, then launch the program.
#2 – Select “Recover Excel Open Password” on the main screen.
#3 – Next, click “+” and use the window that appears to select the Excel file.
#4 – Choose a password recovery method from the list on the Down. Click “Recover” after doing so.
#5 – Depending on the password’s complexity, PassFab for Excel takes a short while to determine the results.
#6 – After the program finishes the password recovery, you’ll be shown it on your screen. You can now open the Excel file and enter the password.
In other words, you install the program and load your Excel file; the Excel password breaker gets the rest done for you. You can also use PassFab for Excel to remove editing restrictions making it even more useful.
1. Why do I need an Excel Password Breaker?
If you’ve ever lost or forgotten a password to an important Excel spreadsheet, you know how frustrating that situation can be. An Excel Password Breaker is a tool designed to recover these lost or forgotten passwords, ensuring that your valuable data is never out of reach.
2. How do I choose the best Excel Password Breaker?
The best Excel Password Breaker for you depends on your specific needs. However, some general criteria to consider include compatibility with different Excel versions, efficiency in recovering passwords, and user-friendliness of the software interface. Reading reviews and testing out different options can also be helpful.
3. Are Excel Password Breakers safe to use?
Generally, Excel Password Breakers from reputable sources are safe to use. However, you should always be cautious when downloading any software from the internet. Be sure to use reliable sources, check for the software’s security features, and ensure that it does not share your data with third parties.
4. Can Excel Password Breakers recover all types of passwords?
Most Excel Password Breakers can recover a wide range of password types, including workbook passwords, worksheet passwords, and VBA project passwords. However, the capabilities may vary between different software, so it’s crucial to check this before choosing one.
5. Do all Excel Password Breakers work with all versions of Excel?
Not all Excel Password Breakers are compatible with all versions of Excel. Some might work with older versions but not the newer ones, or vice versa. When choosing a password breaker, it’s important to ensure it’s compatible with the Excel versions you use most frequently.
To Conclude on Excel Password Breakers
Amongst the various Excel password breakers out there, these are the best. Every Excel file can be broken into, and its password can easily be bypassed.
PassFab for Excel is the solution we recommend the most to top our list.
It won’t disappoint you and can unlock Excel passwords and remove editing restrictions without needing a password.
We hope one of these fantastic tools can satisfy your needs and unlock Excel files for you!