You will have to know how to decrypt an Excel file if you have forgotten its encryption password.
For instance, think of a situation if someone has sent you an encrypted Excel file. You cannot contact him anymore, and you don’t know the encrypted password. If not, what if you have simply forgotten an encryption password to decrypt Excel file?
What if the respective document has very important information? Here, we will explain the most effective methods to get it done without any hassle.
Why Do People Encrypt Excel Files?
Well, passwords have become an exceptionally important feature when it comes to assuring the safety of information. This is particularly true if the information on the respective documents has sensitive and crucially important.
In general, it is pretty common for individuals to apply passwords to Excel files. Nevertheless, we tend to forget passwords specifically due to the busy lifestyles we live in.
Once the password is forgotten, we start to get so frustrated thinking that we cannot open that file, ever. Under normal conditions, you cannot necessarily open an encrypted Excel file unless you have the password.
However, there are specific ways to have this issue solved. That means it is possible to decrypt Excel files without passwords. Please follow below methods we explain in this article.
However, you should remember that the methods vary significantly depending on the version of the Excel file. So, in the next sections of our article, we explain those solutions to the benefit of our readers.
PS: here are the best Snapchat password finder for your reference.
Part 1: Practical Methods to Decrypt Excel Files Without Password
If you have forgotten the password of an encrypted Excel file, you cannot open it. The same issue arises if you don’t know the password of a protected Excel file.
No matter what the reason is, if you don’t have the password, you should bypass it somehow. Well, you can do it only if you have a reliable password-unlocking tool.
When it comes to password decrypting tools, they are available in both online and offline options. We should also tell you that not all those methods are equal. Some methods are more difficult than others, and the success rate of those methods can also differ.
Besides, let’s learn more about how to hack Facebook passwords online.
1.1. Use an Online Method
What if you don’t want to install an app but still want to decrypt an Excel file? If that is the case, please use a good online tool.
In this case, you can consider using a tool like Accessback. This tool has a good reputation as an online solution that can unlock password-protected Excel files. You can use this tool with its 100% guarantee of success.
What you should remember is that this doesn’t recover the password, but it completely removes the password. Then, this online service sends you a copy of the original Excel file, which was protected with a password.
In addition, you will get the respective file without any alteration to the data.
Simple Steps to Decrypt an Encrypted Excel Sheet Using Accessback
As the first step, you should go to the homepage of the official website of Accessback. Thereafter, you can see an option called “Choose” in the form of a button. Just click on this button, and you will be directed to choose the folder to upload the encrypted file.
Now, you should provide a valid email address and hit the “UPLOAD.” Please note that the decrypted file will be sent to the email address you provided. Therefore, providing a valid, working email address is mandatory.
Now, the program will start to decrypt the Excel file. In this case, you will be able to receive the screenshot of the decrypted file’s first page. This is to prove that the respective file has successfully decrypted and access to the data is gained.
After receiving the screenshot, you should choose a payment method to proceed with. Please note that it is mandatory to make the payment before receiving the decrypted file.
Once you have completed the payment, the encrypted file will be sent to your email address. You can see that the entire process is very simple. However, this method has a few disadvantages, as well.
Mentioned below are those disadvantages for your reference.
- Accessback keeps the decrypted Excel file for a period of 7 days on their servers. So, if your Excel file contains very sensitive information, you should think twice before uploading it to their server.
- Accessback decrypts passwords on Excel versions 97-2003 only.
- You will have to pay for each encrypted file, so it can be exceptionally expensive. This is true, particularly if you have plenty of files to decrypt.
1.2. Use Passfab for Excel
Now that you already know the shortcomings of Accessback, you might be wondering about a better alternative. The best alternative you can consider is a desktop program that has reliable performance.
In this case, Passfab for Excel is the best option to consider. This special tool has become a very reliable option among many users across the globe. Even on review platforms such as Trustpilot, this program has received plenty of good reviews.
Main Features of Passfab for Excel
Let’s learn about this tool’s main features to give you a better idea.
- This tool comes with four different recovery methods, which are extremely powerful and effective. These methods can guarantee an excellent decryption rate (over 95%).
- Thanks to its smart and efficient algorithm, Passfab for Excel can decrypt files 10X faster.
- The security of your data is perfectly assured. You don’t have to access the internet to decrypt the files or upload files to a remote server. Instead, you can only get it done through your computer.
- This tool comes with excellent compatibility as well. It can easily decrypt passwords of files that fall in the range of Excel 97 to Excel 2019. In addition to that, it supports pretty much all file types.
- If you purchase its full version, you can decrypt any number of Excel files.
And figure out how to open a password-protected ZIP file and unlock the RAR password with ease.
How to Decrypt Excel Files Without Password Using Passfab for Excel
Please follow up to decrypt the Excel file using Passfab for Excel.
- First, you should download and install Passfab for Excel on your computer to proceed. Then, launch the program and see the Home Screen. After that, please select the “Recover Excel Open Password” option.
- Now, click on the option “Please import Excel file.” That will take you to where you should upload the Excel file, which is password protected. Once you have successfully uploaded the file, you can also choose a recovery method. This can be chosen from the right side of the screen.
- After that, please click on the “Recover” option. This will trigger the decryption process. Now, you should see a screen notification saying the process is successful. You can copy the displayed password or write it somewhere. Then, it would be best if you used it to open the encrypted Excel file.
Part 2: Using a Password to Decrypt Excel File
Assuming that you still remember the password, let’s learn how to decrypt a file with a password. Please note that the methods vary depending on the excel version.
If It is an Excel 2010 or Newer File:
- First, you should launch the Excel file with the exact password.
- Now, just go to the “File” and choose the option labeled “Info” as well. Under that, you should choose the option called the “Protect Workbook” tab. Then, you should choose the option called “Encrypt with Password,” which is located in the drop-down.
- You can now delete the password of the file and hit the option called “OK” to complete it.
If It is an Excel 2007 File:
- Use the password and open the document.
- Now, click on the “Windows” button and go to “Prepare > Encrypt Document.”
- Now, you should delete the password and hit “OK.”
If It is an Excel 2003 or Older File:
- Use the correct password and open the respective file.
- Choose “Tools” > “Options.”
- Now, choose “Security.”
- Delete the password from the “Password to Open” option. And then hit the “OK” button.
So, that’s how to decrypt Excel files successfully.