When the Alexa app is stuck on setup, you might feel annoyed. You will immediately look for possible solutions to fix this issue at the earliest.
If you are here because you wanted a solution, you are on the correct page. The information here will make sure that you will fix the respective error by yourself.
Getting stuck when trying to set up the Alexa app on your Amazon Echo device may be exceptionally inconvenient. Also, it can be so frustrating for individuals who expect smooth performance.
In fact, such an error prohibits you from utilizing your latest Amazon speaker, which is now in your possession.
There are, however, solutions to resolve the situation if your Alexa app is stuck on setup. You may learn more about these strategies by looking at the ones listed below.
Besides, this article aims to explore the reasons behind the Amazon apps not working and provides practical solutions for troubleshooting and fixing these problems.
Solutions to Try if Alexa App Stuck on Setup and Doesn’t Connect to Your WiFi
It’s possible to get out of the setup screen if the Alexa device is not connected to WiFi. This is true if you are trapped on the setup page.
The alternatives below may be of assistance. Continue with each approach below, one after the other, until you successfully establish your Alexa app.
Once you have done that, you can get the Echo speaker to work properly again. So, mentioned below are the steps you should follow if your Alexa app is stuck on setup.
Solution 1: Restart the Device to Fix the Error
Restarting your phone will allow your connection to be refreshed. Turn off the Amazon Echo and other Alexa devices, as well as your mobile device, at the same time. Turn them once a couple of seconds are spent and wait for them to warm up.
It is possible that this frequently overlooked basic solution might perform wonders in terms of potential network connection troubles.
Solution 2: You Should Check if the Respective Alexa App Works Compatibly with the Alexa Device
A common reason for the Alexa App becoming stuck during the setup process is the outdated app. That means you don’t necessarily have the most recent version of the respective app. If not, your device’s operating system is not compatible with the app.
In order to use this feature on an Android phone, it must be running Android 4.4 or greater. It is always recommended that Apple smartphones come with iOS 8.0 or a greater version. Moreover, Amazon Fire should have FireOS 3.0 at the least.
Solution 3: Download the Latest Update of the Alexa
If your Alexa app is stuck on setup even after the above solutions, just try to download the latest update.
In many cases, the app doesn’t function properly if it is outdated, and it may even crash often. So, the best approach is to download the latest update and keep its smooth operation.
Mentioned below are the steps you should follow to do that.
- First, you should unlock your device and launch its app store.
- Find your Alexa application.
- If there are any available updates, you will see that with an option to install them.
- Just tap on it to proceed.
Solution 4: Turn the Location Feature on
Turning on the location on your mobile device is another solution to overcome this error. So, let’s go ahead and do that if you notice your Alexa app is stuck on setup.
- First, please go to the “Settings” app on the device.
- Please note that on some devices, you are supposed to choose the Privacy option before that.
- After that, please select the option called “Location Services.” The same option can appear under “Location” on some devices.
- Then, you should enable its location.
Once you have done that, please check if the “Alexa app stuck on setup” is persisting.
Solution 5: Check if the Device’s Time & Date Settings Are Correct
If none of the solutions are working yet, you should check if the time and date are correct. In general, errors are prone to occur in your device in the event of a wrong date and time.
Even if there isn’t any error, it is better to have the correct date & time on your device.
Mentioned below is the simple guide you should follow to check it.
- First, you should go to the menu called “Settings” on your device to proceed.
- After that, you should select Date & Time.
- Then, you are supposed to enable the feature called “Automatic Date & Time.”
That’s it. Check if your Alexa app is stuck on setup even after this solution.
Solution 6: Configure Your Alexa Using a Web Browser
If you are yet to find a solution, try this option to overcome it. As per this method, you can configure your Alexa using a web browser since the Alexa app is stuck on setup. Let’s go ahead and learn that.
- First, you should go to the official website of Alexa using a web browser to configure it.
- Now, you should log in to your Amazon account.
- After that, you can select “Settings.”
- Then, click on the option called “Setup a Device.”
- After that, you can set up the Alexa app using the web browser.
Solution 7: Reinstall Your Device’s Alexa App
Well, you might be reading this section since the Alexa app is stuck on setup even after the previous solutions. So, what’s left now is to reinstall the app.
- First, you should uninstall the existing Alexa app.
- Once that’s done, you can go to “Settings” and “Apps.”
- After that, you should look for Alexa.
- Then, choose “Uninstall” to proceed.
- After that, you can go to your App store.
- Then, search for Alexa in the app store.
- After finding the app, you are supposed to select “Install.”
That’s it. This process will install a fresh copy of Alexa on your device. That’s it!
Also read: how to fix the Spatial Sound not working issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What can I do if my Alexa app is stuck on setup? Restart the Alexa app, update the app, and ensure a strong Wi-Fi connection.
- Is the Alexa app compatible with all smartphones and tablets? The Alexa app is compatible with most modern smartphones and tablets, but it’s always best to check compatibility before starting the setup process.
- How can I reset my Alexa device? You can reset your Alexa device through the device settings in the Alexa app.
- Can I use Alexa without setting up the app? No, the Alexa app setup is necessary to manage device settings and enable smart functions.
- What should I do if my Alexa app is not responding during setup? Close the app completely and then reopen it. If it still doesn’t work, try updating the app or restarting your device.
While encountering problems during the Alexa app setup can be frustrating, they are usually easy to fix with the right steps. Don’t forget, patience is key. It’s all part of the journey towards a smarter home!
So, that’s exactly what you should do if the Alexa app is stuck on setup. If you have any other solutions, please keep us posted.