Needless to say, it is very frustrating when the Amazon app is not working as expected on your device.
However, there’s nothing to worry about because this article is composed of explaining the best solutions.
Over the years, Amazon has become a household name for its online marketplace and its range of applications. This platform offers to provide users with convenient shopping, streaming, and daily routine management options.
However, in recent times, users have been facing problems with the functionality of certain Amazon apps. These issues range from difficulties accessing accounts to frequent app crashes, causing frustration for users.
This article aims to explore the reasons behind the Amazon apps not working and identify the common issues. Also, it provides practical solutions for troubleshooting and fixing these problems.
Besides, if your Amazon account is on hold, you need to know why and how to fix it. In this article, we’ll explain the most practical solutions to overcome this error.
How to Solve the Amazon Apps Not Working Issue?
Solution 1: Restart the Device
To restart an Android phone, follow these steps.
- Press & hold the power button on your Android device until the Power menu appears on the screen.
- Tap on the “Restart” or “Reboot” option, depending on the option available on your device.
- If the “Restart” or “Reboot” option is not available, tap on the “Power off” option instead.
- Wait for your device to turn off completely.
- Once your device has turned off, press and hold the power button again until the device restarts.
- Your device will take a few moments to restart. Once that is done, you should be able to use it normally.
Please note that the steps for restarting your Android device might vary depending on the model and the make. However, the basic steps may not be that different.
No matter whether you have an iPhone or an Android, a restart can fix minor issues on it. In some cases, this solution works efficiently for issues pertaining to Amazon apps as well.
Solution 2: See If Amazon Servers Have Gone Offline
This may not be an everyday case; however, in some instances, even Amazon servers can go offline. When the servers are under maintenance or when there is a server overload, Amazon apps may not work properly.
You cannot necessarily fix this issue by yourself. All you can do is wait for some time. Later on, you can check if the issue is resolved.
Also, are you frustrated with the error of Instagram music not working? If so, here, you will figure out the reasons behind it and how to fix this issue easily.
Solution 3: Check If There Is Something Wrong with the Internet Connection
There are several ways to check if your smartphone has a good internet connection.
● Check Your Device’s Signal Strength
If your smartphone is showing full signal bars, it means that your device is connected to a strong network. If you are in an area with low signal strength, your internet connection may be slower.
● Run a Speed Test
You are able to use an internet speed test app to check your internet speed. The app will measure the download and upload speeds of your connection. Then, you can get a detailed report on the results.
● Check for Network Congestion
If you are in a crowded area with many people using the internet, your connection may be slower due to network congestion. You can check for this by opening a web page or streaming videos to see how quickly it loads.
● Check for Background Apps
Some apps running in the background can consume your internet data, which may slow down your internet speed. You can check for background apps in your phone’s settings and close any unnecessary ones.
● Restart Your Smartphone
Sometimes, restarting your smartphone can help to refresh your internet connection and improve its speed.
Solution 4: Update Your Amazon App
When you work with an outdated app, various issues can occur regardless of the platform. The same theory goes with Amazon apps as well. So, if your Amazon app is not working, update them and see if it resolves the issue.
All you need is to go to the Play Store or the App Store. Then, you can define whether your Amazon apps have any updates. If they do, you should update them as soon as possible. Then, you should see if they work properly.
Solution 5: Reinstall Amazon Apps
Let’s assume that your Amazon app is not working even after the update. So, the next solution to try is a reinstallation.
In fact, many problematic apps start working properly after reinstalling them. So, we believe that Amazon apps are no exception.
If you are using an Android device, press your Amazon app’s icon. Once you have done that, drag it to the button that appears with the “Uninstall” text.
If you are using an iOS device, tap on the app and hold it. Then, tap on the cross icon that appears on the respective apps.
Then, you can check if the Amazon app is not working.
Solution 6: Perform an Update on Android WebView
Android WebView can be regarded as an important system component. This component allows apps to display web-based content.
Understandably, the Amazon app requires the assistance of this component majorly to display content seamlessly.
Android WebView is updated through the Google Play Store. Here are the steps to update it.
- Open the Google Play Store app on your Android device.
- Tap the three horizontal lines icon in the upper left corner to open the menu.
- Tap “My apps & games“.
- Find “Android System WebView” in the list of installed apps and tap on it.
- If an update is available, you’ll see the option to “Update” the app. Tap on it to begin the update process.
- Once the update is complete, you may need to restart your device for the changes to take effect.
Solution 7: Fix Any Browser-Related Issues
Are you using a web browser to access the content of Amazon’s official site? If so, the browser itself might have some issues.
So, the best approach is to check and fix the issues related to your browser.
● Clear Your Browser Data
- Open Chrome on your device.
- Tap on the three vertical dots in the upper right corner of the screen to open the menu.
- Tap on “Settings” from the menu.
- Scroll down and tap on “Privacy & security“.
- Tap on “Clear browsing data“.
- Select the time range for which you want to clear the data. You can choose from “Last hour“, “Last 24 hours“, “Last 7 days“, “Last 4 weeks“, or “All time“.
- Select the types of data you want to clear. You can choose from “Browsing history“, “Cookies and site data“, “Cached images and files“, “Saved passwords“, “Autofill data“, and “Site settings“.
- Tap on “Clear data” to confirm.
● Use a Different Web Browser
In some cases, the issue can directly relate to the browser you are using. To check what the issue is, you should switch to a different browser and visit the same content.
If you can access the content correctly with a different browser, the problem is definitely related to the browser. So, reinstall the problematic browser and see if it works.
Solution 8: Disable Any VPN or Proxy Installed
It is true that VPNs are exceptionally important when it comes to protecting your online safety and privacy. In fact, VPNs can let you access content that is from different geographical locations as well.
However, when it comes to Amazon, the case is different. When you pretend to be from a different country, Amazon may not work as expected. You will not get product recommendations properly through Amazon if you use VPNs.
So, if your VPN is detected by Amazon, the site may malfunction.
1. Why is the Amazon app not opening on my device? There can be several reasons for this issue, such as an outdated app version, cache-related problems, or network connectivity issues. Try the basic troubleshooting steps mentioned in this article to resolve the problem.
2. How do I clear the cache on the Amazon app? To clear the cache on the Amazon app, go to the app settings on your device, locate the Amazon app, and select “Clear Cache” from the storage options.
3. Can I use the Amazon app on any device? The Amazon app is compatible with a wide range of devices. However, make sure your device meets the minimum requirements specified by Amazon to ensure optimal performance.
4. What should I do if the Amazon app is crashing frequently? If the Amazon app keeps crashing, try updating the app to the latest version, clearing the app cache and data, and restarting your device. If the problem persists, contact Amazon support for further assistance.
5. How can I contact Amazon support for app-related issues? You can reach out to Amazon’s customer support by visiting their website or using the contact options available in the app. They will provide you with the necessary guidance to resolve any app-related problems.
That’s all you can do if your Amazon app is not working. We expect that at least one of the above solutions might work and solve your issues.
Also, if you know other ways to fix this issue, please keep us posted.