Windows 10 PIN not working means you are locked out of your Windows PC. In that case, you will have to find a way to fix the PIN issue.
Otherwise, you will not be able to access the data on your computer or any feature. Those who wonder how to address this issue can read this guide and learn what to do.
There is no shortage of individuals who experience this issue. So, you are not alone in this case.
Many users say it is frustrating to see when their Windows 10 PIN is not working. But the good news is that this issue can be fixed, and you will regain access to your data.
Part 1: Possible Reasons Behind Windows 10 PIN Not Working Issue
Before we look at the methods to address this issue, let’s learn the possible reasons behind it. Such knowledge becomes handy in addressing the issue without much hassle.
There can be several different reasons for this issue. This issue takes place specifically after a Windows update. So, the actual error can trigger due to the following reasons.
- Your system’s NGC folder comprises corrupted files.
- The most recent Windows update you installed has a bug directly related to the PIN option.
Part 2: Methods to Fix Windows 10 PIN Not Working Issue
As we mentioned, “Windows 10 PIN not working” can occur due to software-related errors. To address this issue, we use several different methods.
We have tried all these solutions on Windows 10 systems, and we found them to be useful. However, each solution’s deployment method, overall effectiveness, and success rate differ.
Let’s learn how to fix “Windows 10 PIN not working” using those methods.
Method 01: Use Safe Mode to Sign in
One of the simplest & most basic methods to try as a solution is signing in with Safe Mode. To do it properly, you should follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, you should open your PC and go to the bottom right corner of the screen. Click on the power button located there to proceed.
- Once done, you should press and hold the “Shift” key and choose “Restart.”
- You should keep pressing the Shift key to see the menu labeled “Advanced Recovery Options.”
- When you see the options, click on the one labeled “Troubleshoot.” Then, you should select the option called “Advanced Options.”
- Now, locate the “Startup Settings” option and click on the “Restart” option.
- You will see an option called “Enable Safe Mode,” which is located under option 4. Just hit the F4 key so you can start Windows 10 computer with Safe Mode.
Method 02: Find Account Control Lists NGC Folder and Resets it
If Windows 10 PIN is not working, that could be due to some error related to corrupted NGC files. In that case, you should delete those corrupted files and check the issue is gone.
You can follow the instructions that are mentioned below.
- Open your Windows 10 PC and click on its “Windows” key.
- Now, on its search box, you should enter the text “Command Prompt.”
- When you see the “Command Prompt” icon, right-click on it. You will see a list of options.
- Click on the option labeled “Run as Administrator” option.
- You will be able to see the Command Prompt now. In that window, you should enter the command below.
C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Ngc/T /Q /C /RESET
- Please type it correctly & hit the “Enter” key on the keyboard.
Method 03: Delete the Content on the NGC Folder
In addition to the above method, you can consider deleting the NGC folder contents. This method can fix many users’ “Windows 10 PIN not working” issues.
Please follow the steps that are mentioned below.
- First, you should start the process by simultaneously pressing the Windows key and “E” on your keyboard.
- You should launch the main menu simply by clicking on “View.” Then, you should tick the option called “Hidden Items” as well. It is located on the right side. This action will display all the App data folders already hidden by default.
- Now, you should search for the folder using the path mentioned below. The name of the folder we search for is Ngc.
- Now, you should press both the “CTRL” and “A” keys on the NGC folder. This is the keyboard shortcut; you can choose all the files and subfolders in a particular folder. After that, please click “Delete.” You can follow the additional onscreen instructions as well to complete the process.
- Now that you have done that, you should navigate to the option “Settings.” Then, choose “Accounts” and click on “Sign-in options.” Then, choose “Add PIN” to proceed. You can then add a new PIN to log into your Windows 10 PC.
Besides, here are the top ZIP password recovery tools for your reference.
Method 04: Fix Windows 10 PIN Not Working with a Local Account
You’ll be able to fix the “Windows 10 PIN not working” error simply by using a local account. Please follow the below simple guide to get it done correctly.
- First, please go to the “Settings” option on your Windows system and choose the menu labeled “Accounts.”
- Go to the option called “Your Info.” You can see an option called “Sign in with a local account instead.” Please note that this option is available only if other accounts have been created already.
- To switch to the respective account, you should provide a name for the new account. Then, click on “Next.”
- Once you have done that, click on the option “Sign out and finish.” This is necessary to complete the process successfully.
Well, for some users, the above methods might work. You will have resolved the issue by now and using your Windows PC if you are lucky.
However, what if none of the above methods have worked for you? Should you give up on it?
Not at all. All you need is to use a professional tool. You can read the following section of our article and learn how to do it.
Method 05: Use PassFab 4WinKey and Remove PIN Password with One Click
Things can appear frustrating if none of the above methods have worked for you. However, that doesn’t mean you have to give up on it.
Instead, you can seek the assistance of a professional tool. The best option you can consider is PassFab 4WinKey.
Well, 4WinKey is considered one of the best professional password recovery tools you can rely on. If Windows 10 PIN is not working, you can use PassFab 4WinKey and overcome the situation without causing any trouble.
In addition to removing Windows PINs, the same tool can be used to accomplish other tasks.
Please find below the most notable features of this tool.
- PassFab 4WinKey offers a 100% success rate for removing Windows passwords without using a disk.
- This powerful tool can remove the PIN login and admin password without formatting the OS.
- 4WinKey allows you to create a password reset disk based on a USB drive or a DVD. More importantly, PassFab 4WinKey allows you to create the disk using a single-click operation.
Now that you have a good understanding of the capacity of 4WinKey. Let’s learn how to use it.
We explain the process in a step-by-step mode so you can follow the instructions even if you’re a novice. Before proceeding to the steps, please download PassFab 4WinKey on a PC and install it.
Then, Follow the Steps That Are Mentioned Below.
● Step 01
First, you should insert a blank DVD or a USB drive into a computer that is accessible. After that, choose the drive and click on the option “Create.”
This is required to create the bootable drive. After completing the process, you should eject the drive from your PC.
● Step 02
Once you have done that, you should take the bootable drive and plug/insert it into the faulty computer. That means the computer that doesn’t work because of the PIN issue.
Now, you will see a configuration screen, and you should follow the wizard.
● Step 03
After entering the boot menu, you should see the tool’s main interface. Then, click on the option called “Remove Account Password.” Then, choose the respective user account and proceed to the next step by clicking “Next.”
As a result, you will see that the program removes the faulty or locked Windows 10 account. After completing it, please remove the bootable drive and restart the PC. You can now see that your Windows PC works without any trouble.
With those 03 steps, you can overcome the “Windows 10 PIN not working” issue. Compared to the other methods we explained, PassFab 4WinKey is a very convenient, powerful, and user-friendly option.
Even if you are a complete novice in this subject, you can use 4WinKey without any trouble. It is reliable, fast, and efficient.
The “Windows 10 PIN not working” issue is very annoying for any user. So, knowing how to overcome such an issue is very handy for any Windows 10 user.
Although the issue sounds pretty frustrating, it can be solved with the assistance of PassFab 4WinKey quickly. This method is proven to be effective and highly successful.
With that said, do you have any other issues related to Windows 10 OS? If so, please let us know, and our team will answer your questions at their earliest.