“I notice an error related to teredo tunneling pseudo-interface (Code 10) on my PC. Do you know how to fix this error? I was trying for some time and, unfortunately, have had no luck so far. Please let me out of this situation. Thanks in advance!”
Have you noticed an exclamation in yellow color next to the teredo tunneling pseudo-interface after opening Device Manager? If that’s the case, you might be wondering how to get rid of that. That exclamation mark does say that the respective device cannot start.
In simplest terms, the system is unable to recognize the respective driver as expected. No matter what it is, you don’t have to worry about it anymore. here, let’s explain how to fix teredo tunneling pseudo-interface code 10.
In fact, there are three solutions to try if you have experienced this error. So, go ahead and learn how to do it.
Introduction to Teredo
In simplest terms, Teredo can be considered a mechanism related to tunneling between IPv6 and IPv4. That means it creates a virtual tunnel that lets IPv6 and IPv4 performs with the same set of advantages.
This specific mechanism becomes very helpful when you connect the respective device to the internet. In fact, it is a very complex process, and we explained it in a very simple manner.
But to fix it, you don’t have to know those complex codes and deep mechanisms. Instead, you can easily follow the solutions provided in this article and get it fixed.
PS: if you are experiencing the issues like Generic Audio Driver on Windows 10, here are the top solutions for you.
How to Fix Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-interface Error?
Well, there are three main fixes you can try in order to fix the teredo tunneling pseudo-interface error.
However, that doesn’t mean that you should try every one of those solutions to fix it. Instead, you should go ahead and try one solution after the other. Please note that all these methods are applicable on Windows 7, 8, and 10.
First, please take a quick look at the fixes you should try to fix teredo tunneling pseudo-interface code 10.
- Uninstall the adapters and interfaces related to Teredo Tunneling
- Use a professional application to fix it (Driver Easy)
- Use Command Prompt and fix teredo tunneling pseudo-interface error
In the below section, let’s explain all of the above solutions in a detailed manner. Go ahead and try them.
Solution 1: Uninstall the Adapters and Interfaces Related to Teredo Tunneling
Well, let’s try to uninstall all the adapters and interfaces that are related to the Teredo Tunneling mechanism. We explain these steps in a step-by-step manner, so our readers will find them to be convenient.
Mentioned below is how you can fix teredo tunneling pseudo-interface errors by uninstalling interfaces and adapters.
- First, you should wake the “Run” utility up. To do that, you can use the keyboard. Just press the “Windows” and “R” keys simultaneously. Once the “Run” utility is launched, you can enter the text “devmgmt.msc” and hit “Enter“. If not, you can even press “OK” to proceed.
- Once you have done that, you can navigate to the option labeled “teredo tunneling pseudo-interface“. You can find it under the option called “Network Adapters“.
- Now, you should perform a right-click on the “teredo tunneling pseudo-interface” to see the popup menu. After that, choose the option called “Uninstall” to proceed.
- You will see several options, including Microsoft Teredo Tunnel Adapters. Please note that you will see a specific number right after each option. You will have to uninstall all of those adapters so you can complete the process.
- Now, please click on the “Action“. It is located at the top of the screen. Also, you should click on the option labeled “Add Legacy Hardware“.
- Then, you should click on the button labeled “Next“. You will have to do the same once again to see a different panel.
- Now, just click on the “Network Adapter“. After that, choose the option called “Next” to proceed.
- Now, you should click on the option that says “Microsoft,” located on the left-hand side. Then, choose “Microsoft’s Teredo Tunneling Adapters,” which is located on the right-hand side. That’s it. You can hit the button labeled “Next” to proceed.
Solution 2: Use a Professional Application to Fix It (Driver Easy)
The previous method is more of a manual method, and you will spend a considerable time on it. Also, if you are a total novice, you might find it somewhat difficult as well. However, you can use a professional application to complete this task with minimal effort. In this case, you can rely on a professional tool that can update the drivers on your system automatically. In other words, Teredo tunneling pseudo-interface code 10 errors can be fixed simply by updating drivers on the system.
It’s true that you can go for an internet search for drivers related to the teredo tunneling pseudo-interface manually. Then, you can install those drivers manually and overcome this error. However, the problem with this approach is that it takes some time. Also, you might end up downloading the wrong drivers on your system. So, if you want to save your time and use minimal effort, the best option is Driver Easy.
Those who don’t have enough patience and time to do it can proceed with Driver Easy. Also, this tool becomes exceptionally handy for those who do not have enough experience and knowledge. That is because it is more of an automatic process with Driver Easy.
Why Driver Easy is the Best?
- Driver Easy has the ability to scan and identify faulty, outdated, or corrupted drivers on your system.
- It can download drivers automatically directly from respective official sources.
- You can either download drivers one after the other or download all of them at once.
- No risk of downloading malware or wrong drivers.
- The entire process is automated and fast.
- The convenient interface that suits even novice users.
Driver Easy has the ability to recognize the system automatically. Then, it will perform a search for the most appropriate drivers that are compatible with such a system. So, that will eliminate the risk of downloading wrong drives or malware on your system. In a nutshell, the room for errors with Driver Easy is minimal.
There are two options when downloading drivers using Driver Easy. You can use Driver Easy Pro or the Free version. Even with the Free version, you can download drivers one by one. However, you will have to download drivers one by one with the Free version of Driver Easy. If you use the Pro version, however, you can download all the drivers at once with two clicks only. That is exactly why we recommend this tool for those who have busy schedules. Their Pro version comes with a 30-day guarantee as well.
How to Fix Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-interface Code 10 by Downloading Drivers Through Driver Easy
In this section, let’s learn how to fix the error using Drive Easy Free or Pro version.
- First, please go to the official site of Driver Easy and download the application.
- After that, you should install it. Then, please launch the app to see the main screen.
- Click on the option called “Scan Now” to proceed. A complete scan will start so it will detect any problems associated with drivers.
- Now, you will see problematic drivers with a flag mark next to each one of them. With the free version, you can do this one by one and download all the outdated drivers.
- However, with the Pro version, you can download all those drivers at once. To do that, all you need is to hit the button labeled “Update All“.
Once the drivers are updated, you can perform a restart and see if the error is fixed.
Solution 3: Use Command Prompt and Fix Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-interface Error
Here’s another solution. You can try to refresh the Teredo, and hopefully, that will solve this error. To do that, we should use the command prompt.
- First, you should locate the search box on your system’s main interface to proceed. After that, you should enter the text “CMD” on that box. Then, on the most appropriate icon, perform a right-click and hit “Run as Administrator“.
- Once the command prompt is opened, enter the following codes.
Netsh [hit enter]
int Teredo [hit enter]
set state disabled [hit enter]
- Now, you should open “Device Manager“.
- Click on “Network Adapter” and right-click on the option called “Teredo tunneling pseudo-interface“. Select “Uninstall“.
- Launch CMD again and enter the following lines.
Netsh [hit enter]
int ipv6 [hit enter]
set teredo client [hit enter]
- Launch Device Manager. Then, choose the option called “Scan for new hardware changes“.
Hopefully, one of the above three solutions will fix the teredo tunneling pseudo-interface code 10 error.