When your iPhone battery dying fast, you should charge it constantly, and no doubt that becomes a headache.
If you are worried about a quickly draining iPhone battery, there are fixes to try. So, continue reading this guide and learn those fixes.
Why is an iPhone Battery Dying Fast?
As you may already know, Apple products are developed with very impressive quality and optimized performance.
As a result, they usually come with very good battery life. However, if the battery of your iPhone drains too fast while using features or applications, that’s a big issue.
In fact, the battery of your iPhone can drain faster than you anticipate for several reasons. Mainly, it can be due to the system’s software or the hardware.
Interestingly, some users say that they started to experience this issue after upgrading their iOS version. There is no shortage of threads out there related to this topic. With that said, let’s look at the solutions you can try to address this issue.
PS: What if you are experiencing issues like my iPhone won’t charge but it says it’s charging? Here are the top solutions for you.
Part 1: Common Steps to Consider when Your iPhone Battery Dying Fast
As mentioned before, you can try several solutions if your iPhone battery is dying faster than usual. In this part of our guide, we list all those solutions for your consideration.
Method 01: Check if the iPhone’s Battery is in Good Health
The most basic thing you should do after noticing a dying battery is to check its health. In fact, checking the health of the battery is not that difficult.
Please follow the steps that are listed below.
- First, go to the “Settings” app on the device.
- Then, you should search for the option called “Battery Settings.”
- Then, click on the tab labeled “Battery Health,” as well.
- The battery health will display all the potential readings related to maximum and standard performance. So, you should check all those readings carefully. Your battery has a fault if you see any abnormal readings on the screen. In that case, you may need to replace the battery.
Method 02: Update Your iOS to the Latest Version
In some cases, the iPhone battery can die fast if the device operates with an older version. Anyway, it is always important to have your device running on the latest operating system.
In terms of security and smooth performance, upgrading iOS to the latest is essential. Also, new updates address potential bugs in the older versions. Outdated operating systems may cause your iPhone’s battery to drain faster.
Therefore, you should check if your iOS requires any updates and install them immediately. If not, you can even configure the device to install the updates automatically as well. If you don’t know how to update your iOS, here are the steps you should follow.
- First, you should go to your device’s “Settings” app.
- Then, you are supposed to find the “General” tab.
- Now, you should check if any software update is available. If so, update the device. However, you must ensure that your iPhone is charged fully or plugged into a charger before updating it.
Method 03: Close the Apps that are Running
If you don’t use a particular app for a pretty long time, but it is running, close it. Even if you don’t use an app, it can impact the battery life by running in the background. So, it is best to close the running app and save more power.
Below are the simple steps to follow and save power on your iOS device.
- First, swipe up the iPhone’s screen from the bottom and hold it for a moment.
- Now, you will see a couple of screens that run in the system.
- You can swipe those unwanted apps so they will be closed.
Method 04: Disable the Option Called “Background App Refresh”
Your iPhone may have plenty of apps that have enabled the option called “background app refresh.” This feature is enabled by default. As a result, it will consume a considerable amount of power.
In fact, this function will not improve the device’s efficiency, but it will contribute to draining power. So, if your iPhone battery is dying fast, you can try disabling this feature.
- Go to the option called “Settings.”
- Now, tap on the option called “General Settings.”
- After that, go to “Background Refresh.”
- You should hit disable if prompted.
Method 05: Turn On the Auto-Brightness Feature
Some users have their iPhone’s screen brightness set to maximum. When the brightness is increased, the battery of the device will drain faster. So, it’s best to set the display to “Auto-Brightness” to save power.
- Open “Settings” and choose “Display and Brightness option.”
- You can then enable the “Auto-Brightness” tab.
Method 06: Turn Off the Option Called “Raise to Wake”
The option “Raise to Wake” is introduced for the convenience of iPhone users. For instance, this feature allows you to check both time and notifications without necessarily pressing keys. However, the downside of this feature is that it consumes more power.
You can change the settings using the steps mentioned below.
- First, go to the “Settings” app.
- Then, go to the option called “Display and Brightness.”
- Find the option called “Raise to Wake” and disable it.
Method 07: Activate Low Power Mode on Your iPhone If Your ‘iPhone Battery Dying Fast’
Another way to reduce the potential excessive power consumption on your device is to activate “Low Power Mode.”
As a result of enabling this feature, the battery bar of the device will become yellow. Also, this feature gets deactivated automatically if you charge the device for more than 80%.
- Open “Settings” and tap on “Battery.”
- Activate the option called “Low Power Mode.”
Method 08: Activate the Option Called Optimized Battery Charging
iPhones come with an option to charge their batteries in an optimized method. It is more like scheduled charging.
If you enable this option, the iPhone will be charged in sessions. The device will be charged depending on how you use it.
- Open “Settings” and tap on the option called “Battery.”
- Then, choose the option called “Battery Health.”
- After that, please enable the option called “Optimize Battery Charging.”
Method 09: Use Location Services Only when You Need It
When you use location service on your device, the battery tends to drain faster. For some features, the location feature is required. For instance, the location feature should be enabled when you need to download apps.
However, some apps don’t require location services. In that case, you can disable the location services and use the iPhone for a longer period (Why is my location wrong on my iPhone). In addition to that, it can protect your privacy as well.
- Launch “Settings” and tap on “Privacy.”
- Now, go to the option called “Privacy” as well.
- Go to the option called “Location Services.”
- Disable the option called “Location Service.”
Method 10: Restart Your iPhone If Your ‘iPhone Battery Dying Fast’
In certain cases, your iPhone will experience a drained battery because of the glitches in the memory. If that’s the case, you can restart the device and see if it works.
- Press and hold both the “Power” and “Volume Down” buttons simultaneously.
- Now, you will see a slider. Just tap on the option called “Restart.”
Method 11: Check if Apple Music is the Culprit
In many cases, Apple Music may drain the battery. This is true, particularly with the latest updates. If that’s the case, you can simply fix it using the steps mentioned below.
- Launch the “Settings” app and tap on your name.
- Then, go to iTunes & App Store and tap on Music.
- Then, turn off the Music by tapping on it.
- Launch Apple Music and go to Library.
- Go to Downloaded Music.
- Cancel all the songs that have the “sitting and spinning to be downloaded” status.
- Launch the Music app.
- Choose the option called “Playlists.”
- Swipe left to see the delete button.
- Tap on it and delete it.
- Delete the Music app from your iPhone.
- Reinstall it through the App Store.
Part 2: What’s the Best Solution to Try if the iPhone Battery is Dying Fast?
If your iPhone battery dies fast and none of the above methods have fixed it, what can you do? In fact, you can seek the assistance of a professional tool to address it without any trouble. Tenorshare ReiBoot is considered the best option in this case for various reasons.
This unique software can put the faulty iOS device in the recovery mode using one click and repair the system. If the iPhone battery dies fast due to a software glitch, Tenorshare ReiBoot can definitely fix it.
In addition to that, this powerful software can fix any issue related to the OS of your iPhone.
- Download and install Tenorshare ReiBoot on a PC. Then, connect the iPhone to the same computer and click on “Start.”
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions accordingly and hit “Fix Now.”
- It is better to try the standard scan first. However, if it doesn’t work, you can choose the “Deep Repair” option. This option will perform aggressive scanning. In many cases, Standard scanning does the job for you.
- Now, a firmware package will be downloaded to the device. You only need to hit the “Download” button to proceed with it. This firmware is essential to repair the device.
- Once you have performed the above steps, you will be directed to the recovery process. At this stage, Tenorshare ReiBoot will verify the firmware. Once the verification is done, you can hit the “Start Standard Repair” option. Wait for a while so that the repair will be done correctly.
Important: Leave the devices alone until the repair process is completed.
Part 3: How to Fix Battery Draining Issue This Issue if It is Related to Hardware?
All the above parts explain how to fix the “iPhone battery dying fast” issue caused due to software errors. However, none of those solutions will work if the issue is related to the device’s hardware.
In that case, the only solution is to take your device to the nearest Service Center. You will probably need a battery replacement in that case.
1. Why is my iPhone battery draining so quickly?
Several factors can contribute to fast battery drain, including battery age, background app refresh, push email, location services, and screen brightness. By addressing these factors, you can extend your iPhone’s battery life.
2. How can I check my iPhone’s battery usage?
You can check your iPhone’s battery usage by going to the Battery section in the Settings app. It provides detailed information on which apps are consuming the most battery power.
3. Should I keep my iPhone in Low Power Mode all the time?
Low Power Mode is helpful when your battery is running low, but it restricts certain features. It’s best to use Low Power Mode selectively to conserve battery power when needed.
4. Can closing unused apps improve battery life?
Closing unused apps prevents them from running in the background and consuming battery power. While it may not have a significant impact, it can contribute to overall battery optimization.
5. Does updating iOS help improve battery life?
Updating your iOS to the latest version can include battery optimization enhancements, which may help improve your iPhone’s battery life. It’s recommended to regularly update your device.
So, those are the solutions you should try if your iPhone battery is dying fast. If the issue is related to software, ReiBoot will definitely do the job for you.
However, if it is a hardware-related error, you should get it repaired by an authorized Apple technician.