“Huion Pen Not Working, and I tried many ways to fix it. I am working on a very important project, so can someone please help me overcome it?”
If you have found yourself in a similar situation above, you are not alone. Like with any other piece of smart accessory, the Huion pen too can experience some issues, at least occasionally.
But you shouldn’t panic because there are very easy, practical solutions to address this situation.
Possible Reasons for Huion Pen Not Working
First, it is better to learn about the possible reasons that can lead your Huion pen to malfunction. There are numerous possibilities behind it, and we have identified the most common reasons as mentioned below.
This will sound obvious, but interestingly, faulty batteries are one of the most common reasons behind this issue. If you use weak or incompatible batteries, the Huion pen will start to malfunction. So, the only solution to address that issue is to replace the batteries with new ones.
● Your PC Has an Error
This is yet another common scenario that leads to “Huion Pen not working” status. Computers can go into error states due to corrupt configuration files. One of the most common outcomes of such a scenario is that your computer fails to detect external devices. So, restart your PC and see if you can resolve the error.
● Windows Ink
Well, it is absolutely true that Windows Ink is a very impressive feature which is introduced by Microsoft. It is there to handle external pens or other computer-connected graphics devices.
With this feature, you get fast access and improved compatibility for notes. Although this feature is intended for the purpose of facilitating tablets, it can lead to some errors as well.
Besides, let’s figure out how to disable Windows Ink with ease.
● Errors Related to Drivers
Probably, this could be the reason the Huion pen not working with your computer. Faulty or corrupt drivers may prevent the pen from interacting with the system and may therefore be inappropriate.
● Tablet PC
Do you have a hybrid-type of laptop that comes with a touchscreen? And, do you want to use a Huion pen? So, the chances are that your Huion pen not working due to the selection of the wrong configuration. So, be sure to check the configurations and select the correct one.
● Sleep Settings
Is your Huion pen not working after you have left it idle for a pretty long time? If so, it might have gone into sleep mode as per the default system settings. Even if you try to wake it up, it will not receive the signals. So, you should disable those settings.
● Your Pen is Incompatible with the Tablet
With every Huion tablet, you get a specific pen, and it works with that tab. So, if you try to use a different pen with an unsupported tablet, there will be synchronization issues.
● Faulty USB Ports
The USB Ports on your PC may be the reason for the Huion Pen not working issue. Assume that you have connected your Huion pen to a USB port that is malfunctioning.
In that case, you may be able to experience the Huion Pen not working issue.
Besides, let’s figure out how to fix the A device attached to the system that is not functioning issue.
Huion Pen Not Working – How to Fix It
We have gathered substantial knowledge about the root of the Huion Pen not working issue. Now, it is time to jump into the solutions section.
There are five practical fixes to address this issue, and below, we mention them.
01. Restart the PC to Fix Huion Pen Not Working
It is always wise to restart the computer as the first solution to address this issue. Although it looks to be a very simple fix, it works well.
In some cases, the computer can experience some glitches associated with its system files, applications, or drivers. With a restart, you can fix those issues.
02. Deactivate Sleep Mode to Fix Huion Pen Not Working
Are you experiencing a Huion Pen not working issue when you try to use the PC after Sleep Mode? If so, you should try disabling the sleep mode.
Mentioned below is how to disable Sleep Mode on your PC.
- Press the Windows logo key along with “I” simultaneously. That will bring the Settings window up.
- Now, you should go to the button called “Power & Sleep“. Then, under the option called “Related Settings“, you will find an option called “Additional Power Settings“.
- In the next window, you should click on “Change Plan settings“. It is next to the preferred plan.
- Click on Put the computer to sleep and choose “Never“. Click on the option called “Save Changes“.
- Now, you have disabled Sleep Mode. Make sure to restart the PC and see if the issue is resolved.
03. Enable “Support TabletPC” to Fix Huion Pen Not Working
To make your Huion Pen work with the PC, you should enable this option. Mentioned below is how to do it.
- Perform a double-click on the driver tablet icon, and that will open the PenTablet interface.
- Click on the “Support TabletPC“.
04. Update the Tablet Driver to Fix Huion Pen Not Working
In some cases, your Huion pen might not work if it has outdated drivers for the tab. As a result, your Huion pen is more likely to stop working.
You can start using the pen once again after updating the driver. There are two methods to follow if you want to update the driver, and mentioned below are those.
Method 01: Automatic Driver Update
In many cases, most novices find it difficult to update drivers manually. If you’re one of them or don’t have enough patience, the best option is to update the drivers automatically. To do that, you can use a professional yet very convenient software called Driver Easy.
Driver Easy is a special application that can scan through your system and identify the correct drivers. Detecting the system and having the right kind of driver will be done by the software.
That will eliminate the risk of downloading the wrong drivers or malware. In a nutshell, the entire installation process is very convenient and smooth if you use Driver Easy.
It is possible to use its Free or Pro version. However, the Pro version allows you to install and update all the drivers with two clicks. Also, Driver Easy Pro comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Mentioned Below is How to Use Driver Easy to Fix Huion Pen Not Working
- Download Driver Easy and install it.
- Now, Run Driver Easy to see its home screen. After that, you should click on the button labeled “Scan Now“. Driver Easy will perform a scan on your PC and find the potential issues.
- Click on the option called “Update All“. That will download all the drivers and install the most appropriate version. Please note that this requires the Pro version of Driver Easy. If you want to update the driver for Huion Tablet only, click on the corresponding update button. You can even update all the drivers using the manual method. However, it requires you to click on each update button next to the corresponding driver.
Method 02: Use the Manual Method to Update Drivers
As per the manual method, you are supposed to visit the Huion support website. They keep updating their website with the latest drivers. So, you should go to their official website and find the respective driver that matches the Windows version.
Then, you should download the driver manually and install it. Also, you should uninstall any existing Huion drivers before installing new ones.
Mentioned Below is How You Can Install Drivers Manually.
- Go to the support website of Huion.
- Now, search for the tablet model from the given list. When you move the mouse pointer over the model of the laptop, you can see icons. They are clickable, and they match macOS and Windows OS. So, click on the appropriate icon.
If you intend to download the respective driver’s user manual, you can do it. To do that, you should select the icon located next to “Instruction“.
- Once the driver is downloaded, launch the folder where the downloaded files are saved. They are saved as compressed files. So, you should extract the files.
- Now, perform a double-click on the extracted folder. Then, locate the .exe file and double-click on it.
- Follow the on-screen wizard and install the driver.
- Once you have done that, restart the PC or Mac, and that will apply the changes.
If the Huion Pen not working issue has emerged due to a driver-related problem, it is fixed now. If not, move to the next option.
05. Disable the Enable Windows Ink Option
If you experience some brush lags or some malfunctions with your Huion pen, try this method. Mentioned below are those steps.
- Open Notepad on your computer.
- Enter the text “UseSystemStylus 0” without inverted commas.
- Save that notepad with the name “PSUserConfig.txt“. It should be saved in the exact location as follows;
“C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2018\Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 Settings“
- Now, launch the driver interface of the Huion tablet. Click on the tab labeled “Stylus Pen“. You should uncheck the option called “Enable Windows Ink“.
- Then, you should click on “Apply” and hit “OK“.
Please note that some of the functions related to the drawing application might become unusable with the above step. So, you may have to enable it again.
Now, restart the Photoshop app and see if your Huion pen works.
So, those are the solutions we have in order to fix the Huion Pen not working issue.
We hope that at least one of those fixes might help you overcome the issue. If you have any other doubts pertaining to this matter, please let us know.