For people who forgot their laptop passwords, gaining access to their laptop again can become a nightmare due to the very risky manual methods.
The two primary fixes for this situation work with and without a password reset disk, and we will give you the best methods for both. Read on to know more.
PS: if you are experiencing the blue screen error code 0x0000000a issues, here are the top solutions for you.
PassFab 4WinKey – Simplest Software for Password Recovery
For all the novices who forgot their laptop password, there is nothing much to worry about if you want to log in to your laptop without the password.
PassFab 4WinKey is one tool that will reset the password for your Windows laptop or bypass the step with the easiest method and in the least time.
The best thing about this tool is that it ensures the full safety of the laptop data during password recovery. You will find this tool extremely useful as it has the capability of unlocking a huge variety of Windows locks like Common Login with Passwords, Picture Lock, Security Key Lock, Windows Help PIN Lock, Windows Hello Fingerprint Lock, Windows Hello Face, etc.
Let’s Take a Look at the Primary Features of PassFab 4WinKey:
- It allows you to reset or bypass the admin passwords and others instantly.
- You can even reset the password for any Microsoft account in no time.
- You can both create and delete Windows accounts as per your need.
- It will only need you to make a single click to create a Windows password reset disk via a DVD, CD, or USB.
- It is fully compatible with all Windows versions like XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, and 11, as well as Server 2019.
For all the users who forgot laptop passwords and want to use the PassFab 4WinKey software to resolve the issue, here are the simple steps you will need to follow:
Steps to Unlock Laptop with PassFab 4WinKey if You Forgot Laptop Password
1. Visit the tool’s official website and download it from there. Then install it properly, and then you can move ahead with the steps that are given below:
2. Insert any drive like USB flash, DVD, or CD into the PC on which you downloaded the PassFab 4WinKey tool. After that, launch the software and hit the button Next on the main interface.
3. Now, eject the drive and insert that into the laptop that is locked. Hit the key F12 or other relevant keys to go to the BIOS settings of the system.
This is done to enable the boot mode on the locked laptop and recover it via the burned disk. Select the relevant option for that in the BIOS settings.
4. Save the changes and then exit the BIOS menu.
5. Once the program appears on the screen, select the option of a Windows system and then hit the button Next. Select the locked Windows account and then tick the option of Remove Account Password.
6. The software will instantly begin removing the password from that laptop. Once it’s done, restart the laptop, and enter the new password the next time you log in.
Also, if you are looking for the best laptop for Revit, this guide you should check out.
Unlock the Laptop with an Installation Disk
An installation CD or disk can come in handy when you discover that you forgot your laptop password.
However, you must note that this method of using the password reset disk works out only for the Local system accounts.
This means that if a Microsoft Account is logged in on your system, then it can only be unlocked via a password reset tool Microsoft only that can be procured from their online forum.
Now, Let’s See the Steps That You Will Have to Follow
1. On the login screen, click on the account you want to log in to. Then enter any random combination of letters in the login bar. When you do that, a link for Reset Password will pop up on the screen.
2. Click on the link above to allow Windows to start the wizard for the password reset. Now, insert the disk you have for the password reset and then hit the button Next.
3. On the next screen, a list of options will emerge, and you have to choose the relevant password reset disk with the right user key.psw file. Hit the button Next.
4. Enter the new password that you want to set up for future log-in use and also set up a password hint. Hit the button Next again.
5. If the above process completes properly and the password gets changed, a confirmation message will appear on the window with the text “You’ve successfully reset the password for this user account.” At last, hit the button Finish to close the wizard for the password reset.
By the way, if you wish to know how to perform an iPhone passcode reset, just read more.
Two Ways of Resetting Password when the Laptop is Unlocked
In the situation when the laptop is not fully locked, and you can have access to the password entry page, you can still work your way out if you forgot the laptop password by two different methods. Let’s see them now.
Use the Admin Account for a Password Reset
You can use this method if you have an account like another user account or guest account active on the laptop with administrative privileges. Here are the steps for it:
1. Hit the start menu and then open the control panel. Select the User Accounts option and then click on the option of Manage another Account.
2. Select the option of the user account whose password you have forgotten and want to set up a new password.
3. Hit the button Change the password and then enter the new password.
4. Enter the newly set password into the locked account the next time you log in.
Use the Recovery Manager for a Password Reset to Fix the ‘Forgot Laptop Password’ Issue
This method is valid for HP laptop users who forgot laptop passwords as they can avail the help of an in-built feature of HP laptops called the Recovery Manager.
This will be very helpful if you don’t have any other administrative accounts registered in the system.
Here are the simple steps of this method:
1. Turn on the laptop and keep pressing the key F11 till the Recovery Manager Window appears.
2. Hit the option of “I need help immediately and system recovery.” Before that, you must have backed up all the important files. Now, click the option of Recover without backing up the data.
3. Hit the button Next and keep following the instructions as they appear.
Tips to Avoid Password Loss
Despite the availability of amazing and easy solutions for recovering passwords, it is always the priority to remember them, as things may not always turn out in your favor.
The following tips can help you to prevent situations of password loss and recovery, thereby:
- Use simple passwords.
- Set up a relatable password with info that you tend to always remember, like any important date or name.
- Note down the password somewhere.
The above methods will make it super easy to log in to your laptops in case you forget your laptop password.
We recommend you use the PassFab 4WinKey tools for guaranteed results, but the other fixes also work great. Additionally, it would be better if you were careful with your password not to forget it easily.