Being an Android user, you will have to use Google Play Store pretty constantly. All the apps you need should be downloaded through the Google Play Store, and in general, it works fine. Launching a Google Play Store app, searching for an app, and installing it are very smooth steps.
However, like any other aspect, even Google Play Store can experience some troubles on at least an occasional basis.
For instance, ‘Error retrieving information from server RH-01‘ is one of those common issues some users face.
In fact, there is no shortage of users who experience errors retrieving information from server RH-01. This specific error appears when an Android user tries to download an app through the Google Play Store.
As a result of this error, users will not be able to install any new app on their phones. Also, they cannot even update an existing app because of this problem.
Here, we will explain the reasons behind this error and the practical solutions to address it.
Part 1: Introduction to ‘Error Retrieving Information from Server [RH-01]’
Error retrieving information from server RH-01 appears when you try to update an existing app or install a new one.
After experiencing this error, you cannot necessarily get the usual benefits related to the Google Play Store. So, every Android user must know how to fix this issue immediately.
As per the error message, the error has something to do with the server. In other words, it suggests that there is a problem linked with the data-retrieving process from the server.
Interestingly, the actual problem may not relate to the server always. It may even occur because an error appears on the Android OS of the device you are using.
Part 2: What is the Reason Behind the ‘Error Retrieving Information from Server RH-01’ Error?
Needless to say, this error is annoying when you cannot use Google Play Store as it was. You cannot do anything until you fix it. With that said, the reasons behind this issue can be as follows.
- If you have configured the settings of your Android device, this error can appear.
- You don’t have a stable internet connection on the device, which causes this trouble.
- In most cases, the issue might occur because the Google server experiences some glitches.
- In certain cases, the error can appear just because of a glitch that happens on the Android OS.
Part 3: What is the Best Way to Fix the Error Retrieving Information from Server RH-01 Easily?
Regardless of how this error is caused, it is exceptionally important for you to know the solution to it. There are various options to consider when fixing this error and getting Google Playback. Each of those methods has its own effectiveness.
With that said, we intend to list down several practical methods to address this issue. And the best and most convenient method is Tenorshare Reiboot for Android.
In fact, Tenorshare ReiBoot is considered to be one of the most effective tools that address various Android issues. As per the experience we had with it, ReiBoot can fix errors in retrieving information from server RH-01 as well.
- ReiBoot comes with very advanced technology that can resolve various Android-related issues.
- This tool is compatible with all the Android devices that come under reputed brands.
- It has a very impressive repair and success rate compared to other tools of similar type.
- Millions of individuals have already used this tool, and they praise its functionality.
Try Tenorshare Reiboot (Android)
Follow the Steps to Fix the Error Retrieving Information from Server RH-01 using ReiBoot (Android).
- 01. Download and launch ReiBoot for Android on your computer before everything else. Then click on the ‘Repair Android System‘ button located on the home page.
- 02. You should then enter the relevant information on the required fields that are requested by the software. This information becomes useful in order to download the correct type of firmware for the device. Then, you should click on the ‘Download Firmware‘ button.
- 03. Now, connect the troublesome device to the computer. You should put this device on the Download Mode as well before rectifying it.
- 04. Once the device is entered into the Download Mode, the software will automatically start to fix the issues. All you have to do is to leave the connection as it is so the device will be fixed. If you interrupt the connection, the device can even get bricked. So, be careful. Also, we strongly suggest you have enough amount of power on the battery. At the completion of the fixing, the device will get restarted automatically.
You will notice that ReiBoot for Android is capable of fixing all Android issues in minutes. If you have experienced an error retrieving information from server RH-01, ReiBoot can fix it easily and immediately.
Try Tenorshare Reiboot (Android)
Part 4: Other Ways to Fix Error Retrieving Information from Server [RH-01]
It is true that this error can be easily fixed using ReiBoot. However, if you wonder if there are other ways of fixing this issue, you can read this section on.
In this section, we explain several general fixes that can address this issue. These methods are basic if the truth to be told. However, what you should know is that the effectiveness of these methods is low.
So let’s take a look at the list of those options for your reference.
Basic Solution 01: Perform a Device Restart
It is always a smart choice to start with the most convenient and basic method. In this case, all you need is to perform a restart on the device and see if it works. Follow the below guide to restart the device.
- First, you should press and hold the ‘Power’ button on your Android device.
- You will notice that there are multiple options on the screen. Just tap on the option labeled ‘Restart.’
- Now, the device will restart automatically, and you can see if the issue is resolved.
Basic Solution 02: Check Your Internet Connection
Without a proper internet connection, you cannot download any app through the Google Play Store. Many users experience some issues with their Play Store because of bad internet connections. So, it is always wise to check on your internet connection and see if everything is fine.
Just turn off the Wi-Fi connection and turn it on after a couple of minutes. Also, try to visit a website or YouTube video using the same device. If you cannot load any of those, the problem is with the internet. You can do the same using your mobile data, as well.
If it works with mobile data, the issue is related to your Wi-Fi connection. If the problem continues, there must be something else.
Basic Solution 03: Clear Cache & Data
Clearing the Cache & Data of your Google Play Store app is another basic solution you can try. Below are the simple steps you should take to do it.
- Go to ‘Settings‘ and choose ‘Application Manager.’
- Now, tap on ‘All‘ and go to the ‘Google Play Store.’
- You can tap on the option called ‘Force Stop‘ and then click on ‘Clear Cache.’ As the last step, you should click on ‘Clear Data.’
- You should repeat the same steps with Google Service Framework as well as the Download Manager apps.
Basic Solution 04: Change Date & Time Settings
If your device has the wrong ‘Date & Time’ settings, you will experience some issues with Play Store. To rectify this, of course, you should correct the settings. Mentioned below are the steps to change Date & Time settings.
- First, launch the ‘Settings‘ app and choose ‘Date & Time.’
- You can check if the Date & Time zone is set correctly at the moment.
- If the settings are incorrect, you can go for ‘Automatic Date & Time.’ Just drag its slider and turn it on.
Basic Solution 05: Update Google Play Store
If Google Play Store is outdated, it can cause some issues. Just update it to rectify this error. To do that, follow the steps below.
- Go to ‘Settings‘ and choose ‘Apps.’ Then, go to the ‘Play Store.’
- Tap on the option labeled ‘Disable.’ Now, the Play Store will be reset to its factory version. Wait for several minutes to see if it gets updated automatically.
Basic Solution 06: Remove & Re-add Google Account
If you are yet to succeed with the above methods, you should remove and re-add the Google account. Mentioned below are the steps to follow.
- Go to ‘Settings‘ and then go to ‘Accounts‘ and then tap on Google.
- You can then see the Google account. Just remove it.
- You can then restart the device and add the Google account once again.
Part 5: A Brief Review of the Solutions We Have Discussed So Far
Here’s a brief review of the solutions we have mentioned so far.
|Name of the Solution||Issues It Can Address||Success Rate||User-Friendliness|
|Tenorshare ReiBoot for Android||Any Android-related issue||Impressive||Excellent|
|Restarting||Some minor software glitches||Good||Excellent|
|Checking on the Internet||Internet-related minor bugs||Average||Good|
|Clearing Cache||Some minor software glitches||Average||Average|
|Resetting Date & Time||Some minor software glitches||Average||Average|
|Updating the Play Store App||Some minor software glitches||Average||Average|
|Re-adding Google Account||Issues related to Play Store||Average||Average|
So, that’s it about how to fix errors retrieving information from server RH-01 and get things back to normal. Please leave us a comment if you have further questions.