You may experience error 0x800ccc67 generally when you work with SMTP.
In general, this error can appear in applications such as Outlook or Windows Live Mail. The error message determines that you cannot send a particular message.
With error 0x800ccc67, you will often see an “An Unknown Error Has Occurred” message.
As a result of seeing this error message on your screen, you might wonder why it is happening. Many users don’t have a clue about this annoying issue.
If you fall into that category, this article is just for you. So, continue reading and find answers to your question.
Error 0x800ccc67 – What Are the Reasons Behind It?
Well, it is always better to know the possible reasons behind an issue before finding answers. And error 0x800ccc67 is no exception.
So, let’s discuss the most common reasons that contribute to this error.
In fact, we list five major reasons below for your reference.
- You have installed or downloaded Outlook incompletely on your computer.
- Some of the Outlook-related files were removed from your system intentionally or unintentionally.
- You have installed antivirus or a fireless on your computer, preventing Outlook from accessing SMTP. As a result, error 0x800ccc67 can trigger.
- Your Outlook installation has been corrupted, and it can lead to various errors, including error 0x800ccc67.
- Your email provider has made some changes to the SSL settings. As a result, it can lead to this error and prevent you from receiving emails.
Well, the reasons are mentioned clearly in the above list. With that knowledge, we can look at the solutions with more sense now.
What Solutions Can You Try to Fix the Error 0x800ccc67 Outlook Error?
Now, we are presenting the most practical solutions you can try to fix the aforesaid error on Outlook. You don’t have to try all of these solutions at once.
Instead, you can try one solution after the other while checking if the error is fixed.
Solution 01: Temporarily Disable the Firewall/Antivirus on Your PC
No matter what antivirus program you use, disable it as the first solution. This is the most basic solution you can try when seeing an SMTP-related error.
Sometimes, your antivirus can prevent Outlook from accessing SMTP, so disabling it temporarily would fix the Error 0x800ccc67.
The steps you should follow to disable the antivirus may differ based on its type. Any antivirus program can be disabled with a couple of clicks. So, in the “worst” case, it may take about 10 seconds to disable the antivirus.
As a general guide, just right-click on the antivirus program’s icon (on the tray, next to the clock). Then, you will see a popup menu. Find the option that allows you to disable it.
Solution 02: Change the SMTP Port
If disabling antivirus temporarily hasn’t worked for you, let’s switch to the next solution. In this, we should change the SMTP port and see if it works. To do that, you should first find the email settings.
You can simply do a Google search with your email service provider’s name. What you should note down is the port under the term “Outgoing Mail Server.”
After noting down the port, you should change it in the client. Like the previous method, the steps to change the SMTP Port vary from one email service to another. So, find the settings related to your email service and change the SMTP Port.
After that, you should press F9 or just send the message. If it doesn’t go, switch off the router for a minute or two before sending the email again.
This method should work for many users. You can still keep your hopes alive and move to the next solution if it doesn’t.
By the way, click to learn more about fixing the 0x800408fc error in Outlook.
Solution 03: Create a New Profile
The next solution you should try is to create a new profile and send the email through that. Please follow below simple steps to do it.
- Go to your system’s control panel. Then, choose the option labeled Mail(32-bit) to proceed. However, if you cannot see this option in your Control Panel, you can find it through the search bar.
- Now, launch the pane labeled Mail and choose the option “Show Profiles.”
- Once you have done that, you can add a new name. Then, you should use this newly created profile whenever you send an email to someone.
In addition, if you are bothered with the error 0xc0000022, here are the top fixes for you.
Solution 04: Go for a System Restore
If none of the options have worked for you so far, the next resort is a system restoration. If you follow the steps below, performing a system restore is very easy.
- First of all, you should click on Start Menu.
- Then, you should type in the text “System Restore” within the search field and hit the “Enter” key.
- Now, you will be able to see a separate window that has a clickable option called “System Restore.” Click on it.
- If prompted, you should enter the password for administrator privileges.
- Then, you can follow the onscreen commands to restore the system properly.
Solution 05: Reinstall Microsoft Outlook
Here’s another method to fix the error 0x800ccc67 and get MS Outlook working again. No matter which version of Outlook you use, the installation depends on the OS being used.
With that said, we assume that Windows 10 is the most popular version today. So, we explain the steps required to reinstall MS Outlook on a Windows 10 system.
- As the first step, go to the Start Menu and search for the MS Outlook application.
- After seeing the MS Outlook icon, you should right-click on it. You will see a list of options as a popup menu now.
- Click on the option called “Uninstall.” After that, you should be able to remove the MS Outlook application from the system.
- Once you have done that, you can install a clean copy of Microsoft Outlook again.
Solution 06: Try to Fix Error 0x800ccc67 with a PST Repair Tool
If you are yet to succeed, the next solution is to use a PST Repair tool. It can get rid of the aforementioned error without much hassle.
If you wonder how to use this option, follow the guidelines below.
01. Add the PST File
Before everything else, you should install and launch Stellar Repair for Outlook.
After that, you can see an option called “Repair Mailbox.” Just click on it to proceed. Then, you will be able to repair the potentially damaged or corrupted PST file.
You will see an option called “select PST file available for repair.” It allows you to locate or add the respective Outlook file that is damaged.
Then, you should browse the file that should be repaired. If not, you can use the “Find” button to search for the faulty file.
02. Repair the Added PST File
After selecting the above file, all you need is to click on the “Repair” button. Then, the application will start repairing the file to put Outlook back on track.
To make things more understandable, this application will bring up a display to show the scanning progress.
If not, you can consider the scanning option as well. Once the scanning is completed, you can see that the application displays a range of mail folders. You can see all of those items on the left interface.
Just select any of those folders so you can view the content. After that, please select the mail item and preview it. It is viewed in the right pane.
03. Preview the File and Save It
If you want to save recovered files, you can choose the option labeled “Preview Repaired File.” You can save the repaired file as a PST file.
Just choose a location to save that file. If you want to look at that file later, hit the “Browse.”
Best Practices to Prevent Error 0x800ccc67
To minimize the occurrence of Error 0x800ccc67 in Outlook, consider following these best practices:
- Regularly update your Outlook application to ensure you have the latest bug fixes and security patches.
- Use a reliable and secure internet connection to prevent disruptions in SMTP authentication.
- Maintain up-to-date antivirus software and configure your firewall to allow Outlook’s communication with the mail server.
- Periodically backup your Outlook data files to protect against potential corruption or loss.
- Q: How can I check if my internet connection is causing Error 0x800ccc67 in Outlook?
- A: You can try accessing other websites or services to verify your internet connectivity. If you encounter issues with other online activities, it indicates a problem with your internet connection.
- Q: Are there any specific email account settings I should check to resolve this error?
- A: Yes, ensure that the outgoing server settings, including the server name, port number, and authentication method, are accurate. Consult your email provider’s documentation or contact their support for the correct settings.
- Q: Should I permanently disable my firewall and antivirus software?
- A: No, it is recommended to temporarily disable your firewall and antivirus software to test if they are causing any interference. Remember to re-enable them once you have determined whether they are the cause or not.
- Q: What should I do if none of the troubleshooting methods work?
- A: If you have exhausted all the troubleshooting methods and are still unable to resolve Error 0x800ccc67, it is advisable to seek technical support from Microsoft or your email service provider.
- Q: How can I prevent future occurrences of Error 0x800ccc67?
- A: To minimize the chances of encountering this error, keep your Outlook application updated, maintain a secure internet connection, use reliable antivirus software, and regularly backup your Outlook data files.
Error 0x800ccc67 in Outlook can be a frustrating issue that prevents the successful sending of emails. By understanding the causes and implementing the troubleshooting methods outlined in this article, you can effectively resolve this error and restore smooth communication through Outlook. Remember to follow best practices to prevent future occurrences of Error 0x800ccc67 and enjoy a seamless email experience.