What will you feel if your Chromebook keyboard not working when a deadline for an important project is approaching?
You will go crazy for sure and try any solution that comes to your mind, won’t you?
But you shouldn’t fret anymore as this article reveals the best solutions to overcome it.
Why is My Keyboard Not Working?
If your Chromebook keyboard isn’t working, there might be a number of different technical reasons why:
- The disturbance may be caused by a certain application.
- A computer application may have entered a loop.
- The keyboard may simply have malfunctioned.
Other issues are simple enough for you to handle on your own.
No matter what Chromebook brand you have, you’ll be able to cure any keyboard-related issue with the below methods.
PS: let’s figure out how to use Kodi on Chromebook.
First Simply Solution
When your Chromebook keyboard is not working, it takes a hard reset to get it working again.
How Do I Hard Reset My Chromebook Keyboard?
To begin, turn off your Chromebook.
Press the Refresh key and hold it for around 10 seconds while simultaneously pressing the Power button.
Then, release both of those buttons as soon as your Chromebook.
In general, you should be able to use your Chromebook’s keyboard after following this step.
However, if it doesn’t, you may attempt the other techniques in this write-up to address the problem.
You can use a few simple troubleshooting procedures to get your Chromebook’s keyboard working again.
Problems with the keyboard may have a simple technological root.
How Do I Fix My Keyboard Not Typing on Chromebook?
- First, switch off your Chromebook and wait for 2 minutes at the least. Then, you should switch it again.
- Unplug all the drivers that are currently plugged into your Chromebook.
- Remove the devices that are attached to your Chromebook.
- Restart your Chromebook to see if the Chromebook keyboard is not working.
For many users, the above steps should work.
However, if it doesn’t work, you may have to follow the advanced steps mentioned below.
The remainder of the solutions is somewhat complicated compared to the basic solutions.
But we made them as simplified as possible, so even a novice user will find it easy.
You need to read through the steps carefully and follow them as instructed.
You could proceed with these advanced steps if you cannot succeed with the basic solutions.
Even if they are named “advanced,” we intend to make them as simple as possible.
So, let’s look at these solutions if your Chromebook keyboard is not working.
1. Reset the Browser
If the keyboard on your Chromebook isn’t working, it’s possible that the problem lies with your browser.
You can access a wide range of programs and scripts using a Chromebook’s web browser.
These scripts might create problems with your system’s touchpad, keyboard, and other input devices.
How Do I Get the Keyboard to Work on My Chromebook?
Chrome is the browser of choice for Chromebooks.
Magical capabilities combine with the blistering speed in this great web browser.
However, we must reset Chrome since it is vulnerable to scripts running on different pages and other online risks.
Take the actions outlined below.
- First, you should click on Chrome’s Menu.
- Afterward, you should select the option called “Settings” to proceed.
- You can then go to the option called “Show Advanced Settings.”
- After that, you should go to the option called Reset & Cleanup and hit OK.
That’s how to perform a reset on your Chrome browser if the Chromebook keyboard is not working.
You can restart the Chromebook now.
Once you have done that, the keyboard should work properly if the error is related to the browser.
2. Power Wash the Chromebook
You already know that Chromebook is the name of an operating system.
In other words, it is system software.
So, it runs many programs at any given time.
Because of that, some programs can get stuck, and it may eventually lead to some errors.
And it can even make your Chromebook keyboard not work.
However, the good news is that it can be fixed with a simple power wash.
Chromebook comes with a built-in feature to initiate power washing.
Steps to Power Wash Your Chromebook:
- First, you should sign out of the Chromebook account.
- After that, you should press the Ctrl+Shift+Alt+R keys at the same time.
- Then, you should select the option called “Restart.”
- After that, you can click on the option called “Powerwash” (that appears as a button).
- Click on the option called “Continue.”
To complete the process, you can simply follow the prompts on your screen.
You can use your Chromebook’s keyboard after you are done using it.
Chromebooks with keyboard issues should have their issues resolved.
You can try the following option in this article if you still experience a Chromebook keyboard not working error.
3. Reset Your Chromebook
If the Chromebook app’s power wash doesn’t fix your problem, you may want to attempt a full Chromebook reset.
Don’t worry; your information is secure.
To complete the reset, simply follow these instructions. Make sure you’ve logged out from the respective account before you go.
Resetting this device can be accomplished in a number of ways.
To resolve this keyboard-related error, one or more of these add-ons may be necessary.
Go for a Hardware Reset
If you want to use the hardware reset option, here’s what you can do.
In this case, you can simply use the physical buttons located in the Chromebook.
How to Hardware Reset:
- Press your Chromebook’s power button and refresh button together.
- Make sure that you press them for at least 10 seconds.
- After that, you should leave the refresh key.
- Then, you should release its power button.
Once you do that, you will see that the Chromebook restarts automatically.
Otherwise, you can press the power button again so the Chromebook will be restarted.
When the device gets restarted, the Chromebook keyboard not working error should be gone.
If the issue is still persisting, you can move to the next level.
4. EC Reset the Faulty Chromebook
When the Chromebook keyboard doesn’t work after a hardware reset, you should try an EC reset.
The charge is carried by the EC (also known as the embedded controller), which is utilized to power the gadget.
The controller will be discharged, and your device will be reset using the EC reset.
In fact, this is a more effective reset procedure that can address Chromebook keyboard issues.
How to EC Reset the Chromebook:
- First, you should turn on the faulty Chromebook.
- After that, you should remove its power cord.
- Then, you should remove the Chromebook’s battery when the Chromebook is still on.
- Wait for a couple of seconds.
- As the final step, insert the battery properly, and that’s how to perform an EC Reset.
The EC Reset has been shown to be effective in resolving serious issues with Chromebooks.
This approach has been well-tested and is safe to use.
Your keyboard issue should be resolved by the time you turn on the Chromebook.
How to Avoid the Chromebook Keyboard Not Working Error?
Now that you know the solutions to try if the Chromebook keyboard is not working.
Let’s learn some important tips.
You may have to deal with this issue again sooner or later.
A number of things are to blame for this problem.
We may run into this problem in the future since we don’t pay enough attention to technical details.
However, there are steps you can take now to avoid a similar issue in the future.
It’s as simple as following these instructions.
As with caring for your Chromebook, these pointers are easy to follow.
Following our advice and carrying out these tasks regularly prevent any issues with the faulty Chromebook.
Get in Touch with Their Official Support Team
Under the guidance of a team of professionals, the approaches outlined in this post have been tested on Chromebooks.
It’s quite unlikely that any of the options listed above will fail to fix your keyboard not working problem.
Even so, if you’re still having problems, you should have your Chromebook checked out by a professional. Nothing to be concerned about.
Chromebooks, like other devices, will eventually wear out.
It’s also free if the faulty Chromebook is under warranty, so it is not required to pay for it.
1. Can I fix a Chromebook keyboard that is physically damaged? Yes, if the physical damage is minor, you may be able to fix it by gently realigning or replacing the affected key. However, for major physical damage, it is recommended to contact a professional for repair.
2. Why is my Chromebook keyboard not working after a software update? Software updates can sometimes cause compatibility issues with certain hardware components. Try restarting your Chromebook and checking for any available updates to resolve the problem.
3. How do I clean my Chromebook keyboard? To clean your Chromebook keyboard, gently wipe the keys with a soft cloth dampened with a mild cleaning solution. Avoid using excessive moisture or harsh chemicals that could damage the keyboard.
4. Can I use a wireless keyboard with my Chromebook? Yes, you can use a wireless keyboard with your Chromebook. Simply connect the wireless receiver or enable Bluetooth pairing, depending on the type of wireless keyboard you have.
5. Will resetting my Chromebook erase all my files? Performing a reset on your Chromebook will erase all your locally stored files. It is important to back up any important data before proceeding with a reset.
Our team of experts took considerable time to find solutions to fix the above-mentioned error.
The solutions mentioned above will work practically to solve potential keyboard errors.
Also, we are more than happy to know your thoughts about the content of this article.
Please be kind enough to let us know which methods of the above worked for you.
Your valuable input is much needed so other readers will learn more.
As you can notice, fixing the Chromebook keyboard not working error is not that difficult. So, go ahead and try those solutions.