Have you come across the “4504 messages not found” error and searched for a solution?
If so, you should look no further, as this article contains all the information you need. Even if you haven’t experienced such an issue yet, this information can be useful at some point.
It is no secret that Android smartphones are very user-friendly. Compared to iOS devices, Android offers more flexibility in the context of customization.
They are affordable and available in many versions and on many devices. More importantly, Android platforms offer a plethora of features, and its Play Store is filled with many apps.
However, just like with any other aspect, Android devices experience some errors, at least on an occasional basis too. In certain cases, Android smartphones tend to come across some errors associated with their built-in apps.
“4504 messages not found” is such an error that comes up when you open Android’s messaging app. We should also mention that this error is significantly common. Interestingly, this error is more common in some devices.
However, in general, 4504 messages not found errors can occur on any Android device. As we have noticed, this error is common to all the cell phone carriers that are in operation today.
In general, 4504 messages not found error message is associated with an unknown sender. That means the message has an unknown sender. Due to this very reason, many individuals assume that 4504 messages not found message is spam.
However, the truth is different. That means the “4504 messages not found” message isn’t sent to you by a scammer.
There Are Two Other Possible Causes Behind This ‘Mystery’ Message.
- There is a feature called “Block Unknown Senders” in your SMS app on your Android device. So, under such circumstances, you will see an error message if you receive a text message from an unknown sender.
- Also, the same error message can occur if the respective message faces an error during the transmission. That means the SMS isn’t properly sent to your device through the network.
PS: if you have problems with failing to obtain the IP address, here are the best solutions.
How Would You Fix the “4504 Messages Not Found” Error?
If truth be told, there is NO official way to fix this error. But don’t get discouraged. As we promised at the beginning of this article, we expose a couple of fixes to this issue.
Although these fixes aren’t ‘official,’ they can help you overcome this issue efficiently. The methods we present in this article are basic remedies, but they are proven to be effective with many.
Method 1: Soft Reboot Your Android Device
Here’s the most basic way to fix your Android device’s message-related issues. In fact, this method can be used to fix most of the minor issues related to Android devices.
So, let’s try to fix the “4504 messages not found” error using a soft restart.
- First, press and hold the power button of your device so you can see the device options menu.
- Select “Restart” from the available option.
- Wait until the device restarts.
- See if the problem persists.
Method 2: Hard Reboot Your Android Device
This is another basic but effective method that can fix various minor glitches associated with your Android device. You could try this method if the previous soft reset method didn’t resolve the issue.
Let’s see how to do it.
- Press and hold your phone’s power button and wait for the device options to appear.
- Select the option “Power Off” from the menu.
- Now, the device will be turned off. Wait for a while (at least for about 30 seconds) before switching the device again.
- Restart the phone once again and check if the problem persists.
Also, if the device is powered by a removable battery, you can take it out. Then, leave the battery out for about 30 seconds and replace it. This is another option called ‘cold boot,’ which fixes some of the minor issues.
Method 3: Remove and Reinsert the SIM Card
Under certain instances, “4504 messages not found” may offer due to some issue with your SIM card.
Although no one can say this for sure, it is a method worth trying. Interestingly, this method has worked for several users, who are very happy about it.
Let’s see how to do it. Please note that the SIM card removal might differ depending on the device model.
- Press and hold the Android phone’s power button to open the device options menu.
- Select the option “Power Off.”
- Take the phone case and remove the SIM card from the slot. However, for some devices, you don’t need to remove the case. Instead, you can use the SIM removal tool to take the SIM out. Still, it is necessary to switch off the phone before removing the SIM from the slot.
- Get a soft piece of cloth and wipe the SIM card.
- Replace the SIM card carefully on the slot and reboot the device.
- Check if the problem persists.
Method 4: Perform a Factory Reset
If none of the above options have worked for you so far, you will have factory reset your phone. In fact, this is a bit more advanced method as opposed to the previous options we have mentioned.
Factory reset is capable of fixing a large range of OS-Related issues in your Android device. You can consider this method to fix most of the annoyances.
Let’s see how to do it. Please note that this method wipes out all the data in your device, so you should do it carefully.
We highly recommend backing up your device before performing this method. Otherwise, you will experience a really hard time finding the data you have lost.
- Go to the Settings menu on the device (you can use Settings App).
- Then, go to the option “Backup & Reset” and “Factory Data Reset.” These steps can vary slightly depending on your device and OS version.
- Tap on “Reset Phone” and then go to “Erase Everything.” This is exactly when your device’s data starts to get deleted.
- Let the process be completed, so you have to leave it alone. After the process, the device will reboot automatically.
We should mention that performing a factory reset should be done only when you cannot succeed with other options.
Important: How to Recover Lost Data After a Factory Reset?
Assume that you have performed a factory reset without creating a backup of your important data. Or, you have deleted important files accidentally.
Or, what if some (or all) data becomes inaccessible due to a malware attack or OS issue?
We are not trying to be pessimistic here; we are discussing the possibilities.
If you experience data loss, there is a professional solution. The good news is that you don’t need to be an ‘Android Pro’ to use that.
Tenorshare UltData Android Data Recovery software is a very impressive tool that can conveniently recover lost data.
- It can recover data from Android phones, SD cards, tablets, etc., to your computer.
- It can create backups of important files like contacts, call logs, WhatsApp data, SMS, videos, pictures, etc.
- And it can synchronize your Android device’s data with the computer (Mac or PC).
- You don’t need to root your Android device to use this software.
- The app is compatible with all Android devices, including Samsung, Sony, LG, HTC, Huawei, etc.
We hope this article’s information will help you fix the “4504 messages not found” error.
If you ever come across such a situation, don’t panic. Instead, try the methods mentioned in this article and see if they can help. Good luck!