Why Backing Up WhatsApp Contacts is Important
Backing up your WhatsApp contacts is crucial for several reasons. First and foremost, it ensures that you have a copy of your contacts in case of device damage, loss, or accidental deletion. By having a backup, you can easily restore your contacts to a new device or retrieve them if something goes wrong with your current device.
Moreover, backing up your WhatsApp contacts also protects you from data loss due to software updates, app crashes, or other unforeseen circumstances. It’s always better to be prepared and have a backup readily available to safeguard your important contacts.
Method 1: How to Backup WhatsApp Contacts using iCareFone Transfer
If you wonder about the most convenient way to backup your WhatsApp contacts, use iCareFone Transfer for WhatsApp. With it, you can backup WhatsApp contacts for free without any hassle. Apart from creating WhatsApp backups, this tool can work as the perfect data management option.
iCareFone ensures that WhatsApp data is backed up with contacts to your PC. So, there is a size limitation when creating backups if you use iCareFone. Some most notable features listed below make iCareFone a very handy tool.
- It can create a full backup of your data (all the data of a particular WhatsApp account). This means it can create a backup of WhatsApp media, WhatsApp messages, etc. on your computer.
- You can use Tenorshare iCareFone Transfer to restore the backups you have already created. The backup can be restored to any device of your preference regardless of the platform.
- There is no limit to creating backups because the data is directly saved to your computer.
- You can use it to transfer your WhatsApp data from one device to another effortlessly. For instance, it can be used to transfer an Android WhatsApp backup to an iOS device.
- It offers excellent compatibility on both Android and iOS devices.
How to Backup WhatsApp Contacts using iCareFone?
Now that you have an idea about the capacity of iCareFone. Let’s see how to use it. In this section, we explain the process in the step-by-step mode so that it would be easier for our readers.
First, you should download iCareFone on your computer and get it installed. The installation process is very simple, and it won’t take much time. After the installation, you can launch the program to see the home screen.
Then, you should click on the option called ‘WhatsApp‘. This option is located on the home screen itself.
Now, you must connect the device to the same computer on which you have just installed iCareFone. Click “Back up” on the side toolbar, and then select the device that you want to back up.
It won’t take that long for iCareFone to detect the connected device. Once the device is detected, you should click on the option labeled ‘Back Up Now‘. This will trigger the backup creation process, and all you have to do is wait. Make sure that the devices are kept untouched until the process is 100% completed. After the process, you will be notified.
You will see that the backup is created on your computer. Whenever you need it, you can restore the backup files to any device and use them accordingly. The backup you created comprises the contacts as well.
Method 2: How to Backup WhatsApp Contacts on an Android Device?
It is true that the previous method we explained works with both Android and iOS devices perfectly. However, if you don’t want to use a third-party tool like iCareFone for WhatsApp, you can consider this method.
Just like the previous method, we explain the process in the step-by-step model for better understanding.
- Launch the WhatsApp app on your Android device and go to the option called ‘Settings.’
- Now, you should see an option called ‘Chat Settings‘ under the ‘Settings‘ option. Tap on that and then go to the option labeled ‘Back-Up Chats.’ This will complete the process of creating a manual backup of your WhatsApp account on an Android device.
- You can decide the frequency of creating backups if necessary. If you configure such a setting, the backup will be created automatically. We strongly recommend such an approach, especially if you have a lot of important information on your WhatsApp account.
Method 3: Create a Backup of Your WhatsApp Contacts on Your iPhone using iTunes/iCloud
If you are an iPhone user, Method 02 does not apply to you because iPhones function differently. In that case, you can use this method to create a backup of WhatsApp contacts.
To make it happen, you can use either of the official tools provided by Apple, namely iCloud and iTunes. Mentioned below are the steps to follow with each of those tools.
- To start the process, you should launch iTunes on the computer. It is recommended that you have iTunes updated to the latest version to avoid any mishaps. Then, connect the iPhone into the same computer. Make sure that you use the original USB cable provided by the manufacturer.
- Now, you should tap on the option called ‘Trust this computer‘ on the iPhone. After doing so, iTunes will recognize your device and be ready to proceed to the next step.
- After the device is detected by iTunes, you should select it. Then, you should click on the option labeled ‘Back up Now.’
- Make sure that the device is kept connected to the computer until the backup is created.
- First, you should launch the WhatsApp app on your iPhone.
- Then, you should tap on ‘Settings‘ and then tap on the option called ‘Chats.’ After that, you should tap on ‘Chat Backup‘ as well. Then, you must go to the ‘Back up Now‘ option.
In fact, we strongly recommend that you should use both of these methods to create a backup. If one method fails, you can make use of the other backup to retrieve your data. This is a critical way to minimize potential data losses.
Creating backups is an essential aspect, no matter whether you use WhatsApp or not. That means, all the important data in your smartphone should be kept in a backup. For instance, your photos, videos, messages, voice records, etc. should be kept separately (probably in a PC or cloud).
If your device experiences a serious error or physical damage, the backup will be convenient. You can buy a new device and retrieve all the data back if you have a backup. Also, it is mandatory to create backups regularly to mitigate the potential of data loss.
Tips for Ensuring Successful WhatsApp Contact Backups
To ensure successful backups of your WhatsApp contacts, consider the following tips:
- Connect to a stable and reliable internet connection before initiating the backup process.
- Keep your device charged or connected to a power source during the backup to avoid interruptions.
- Regularly check your backups to ensure they are up to date and functioning correctly.
- Enable automatic backups to ensure your contacts are backed up regularly without manual intervention.
Q1: Can I backup WhatsApp contacts without using Google Drive or iCloud?
A1: Yes, you can backup WhatsApp contacts locally on your Android device or explore third-party applications available on iOS.
Q2: How often should I backup my WhatsApp contacts?
A2: It is recommended to backup your WhatsApp contacts regularly, especially if you frequently add or modify contacts.
Q3: Can I restore my WhatsApp contacts to a different device?
A3: Yes, as long as you have the backup file, you can restore your WhatsApp contacts to any compatible device.
Q4: Are WhatsApp backups encrypted?
A4: Yes, WhatsApp backups are encrypted to ensure the privacy and security of your contacts.
Q5: What should I do if my backup fails?
A5: If your backup fails, ensure that you have a stable internet connection and enough storage space on your device. You can also try restarting your device and attempting the backup again.
Great, you know how to backup WhatsApp contacts on iPhones and Android devices now. The first method we explain (iCareFone Transfer for WhatsApp) is the most convenient method as per the experience we had.
However, we recommend you use both methods as a precaution. If you have any trouble related to creating WhatsApp backups, please let us know in the comments section.