You are not alone if you are coming across the error ‘sync session failed to start‘ while syncing your phone with iTunes on your Windows PC. Many iPhone users face this issue while syncing their mobile devices with iTunes.
The ‘sync session failed to start’ issue is usually caused by iTunes. This is a permission error that either occurs on your computer or device.
The error could occur while syncing your device on the Windows PC using iTunes. On facing this error, you will see a pop-up flashing on your screen, saying, “the iPhone could not be synced because the sync session failed to start.”
You would not be able to resolve this iTunes error even after troubleshooting your iTunes and system many times. Most users reported that even the tips offered by Apple and Microsoft support did not aid them in resolving this sync error.
The error appears when users have not authorized their computer or do not have permission or access to modify or move the data. Other typical sync errors that you may face are “iTunes sync error-54“, “iTunes cannot match iPhone,” “iPhone cannot sync with iTunes or sync with another iTunes library,” and many more.
Now, let’s see what the reasons behind this error are. Also, look at some effective solutions to get rid of this annoying error.
Part 1: Common Reasons Why The ‘Sync Session Failed to Start’ Error Appears
If you are wondering why this error shows up in the first place, then find here some common reasons. So, here are some common reasons behind the sync session failed to start error:
- Incomplete or faulty installation of iTunes and other components related to iTunes
- Corrupt or damaged iTunes library or iTunes software
- Outdated iTunes software and other related components
- Fake or faulty iOS USB (lightning) cable
- No setting up the iTunes sync feature
There could be more reasons like these ones. The following method and tips will help you fix the ‘sync session failed to start’ issue and let you sync your iOS device using iTunes effortlessly.
Part 2: Best Method to Resolve Sync Session Failed to Start Effectively
Most of the time, incomplete installation of iTunes or its related components occupies the common reason that causes the error ‘sync session failed to start’ on your device. To effectively deal with iTunes sync issues, you need a professional tool.
Here, we are going to discuss such a professional tool, known as Tenorshare TunesCare. This tool is professionally designed to fix problems related to iTunes sync, especially the common ones that we mentioned in the earlier section.
Using its user-friendly function design, users can fix their iTunes library by just tapping on a single click. Also, this latest tool repairs all iTunes-related issues without any data loss. Also, it provides you with an option to sync the device immediately.
- TunesCare resolves the ‘sync session failed to start’ issue with just a single click.
- It lets you fix the corruption of iTunes software or iTunes library that occurs because of the reasons mentioned above.
- While fixing the iTunes sync issues, as iPhone is stuck on the iTunes logo, there is no reason to be concerned about your data being damaged or erased.
- The tool features two modes of cleaning iTunes. Users can speed up the process and sync their data in a faster manner.
- It allows you to uninstall the iTunes app and other related faulty components completely. Once uninstalled, you can download iTunes again without interference.
- With Tenorshare TunesCare, users can fix over 100 iTunes errors and issues.
A Detailed Guide to Resolve the Sync Session Failed to Start Error with TunesCare:
To get rid of the ‘sync session failed to start’ error using Tenorshare TunesCare, you have to follow some simple steps given below.
In the first place, you need to launch the Tenorshare TunesCare app on the Windows PC. This will display a particular status of iTunes.
Step 2: Choose the ‘Fix iTunes Sync Problems‘ Option
Now, try using iTunes to sync your iPhone or another iOS device. In case you are still struggling with the ‘sync session failed to start‘ error, then go to the next level by tapping on ‘Fix Other iTunes Problems.’
Step 3: Select ‘Repair iTunes’
Tap on ‘Repair iTunes‘ to start the repairing process.
Check if the error has been successfully resolved or not. Hopefully, you will not see the ‘sync session failed to start’ error on your screen anymore.
Part 3: Other Effective Solutions
So, there are two other solutions that users can try to resolve the issue of ‘sync session failed to start.’ So, let’s have a look at them.
Solution 1: Update iTunes
The error ‘sync session failed to start’ might be occurring due to outdated iTunes or other outdated components of iTunes. To update iTunes to the latest version, users have to go through the following instructions.
Steps to Update iTunes:
Have a look at the steps you need to follow to fix this error!
- 1: First, connect your computer to an active internet connection. After that, launch iTunes. Then, visit the ‘Help‘ tab. From there, you have to click on the ‘Check for Update‘ option.
- 2: Next, you have to go through the prompts for updating iTunes.
Solution 2: Delete Old Backups of iTunes
If your library of iTunes is corrupt, you may come across the ‘sync session failed to start’ issue. In that case, it is best to delete the library to prevent this error from popping up on your screen. To do this, please follow below simple steps.
Steps to Resolve Sync Session Failed to Start:
Go through the below-mentioned steps to eliminate this frustrating issue!
- 1: In the first place, select ‘iTunes‘ and then look for the option ‘Preferences (for Mac).’ Click on that option and then select ‘Edit‘ and, after that, choose the option ‘Preferences (for Windows).’
- 2: Next, you have to select the ‘Devices‘ option.
- 3: Now, choose the backup file that you like to delete from your iTunes library. To find out more details, users can hover their cursor on that backup file.
- 4: Lastly, tap on ‘Delete Backup‘ and confirm your action.
- What is the ‘Sync Session Failed to Start’ error? It’s an error that occurs when your device is unable to start a synchronization process.
- Why do I get this error? The error can be caused by a number of factors including inadequate system resources or outdated software.
- How can I fix this error? Try the preliminary fixes first, then move onto the advanced solutions if the error persists.
- When should I contact support? If you’ve tried all the solutions and the error is still there, or if your device starts behaving abnormally, it’s time to contact support.
- Is it harmful to my device? While it’s a nuisance, this error is generally not harmful to your device. However, if your device starts crashing or freezing, contact support.
iTunes is an incredible tool for sorting all the content on your iOS device. However, when iTunes issues begin to surface, they could cause lots of trouble.
While working with iTunes, users may come across frustrating issues like iTunes sync, uninstallation, installation, restore, update problems, and many more.
Also, to get rid of the iTunes sync session failed to start error, users can use this repair tool.
The most effective way to resolve these issues is to hire a professional iTunes repair tool called Tenorshare TunesCare. Once installed on your device, this application will assist you in fixing all kinds of iTunes errors within a single tap. So, what’s more, you need it! Download this application and enjoy its amazing features now!