Do you also complain that people can’t hear me on my iPhone? Has this been a frequent issue with your phone? Do you have to literally yell while trying to speak with anyone over a call?
If the answer to all the above questions is yes, this article is for you. We understand that it is disappointing not to be heard clearly on the calls or to fail to communicate nicely with others.
If such an issue is happening with your iPhone, let us help you with some of the tried and tested tips that will fix the glitch.
The tips will work for all the iOS devices like iPhone 8/XS Max/XS/XR/11/12/13/14, iPod Touch, iPad, and so on.
So let’s get started.
iToolab FixGo – The Best Third-Party Fix
If you want a sure-shot solution to your problem of people who can’t hear me on my iPhone, then going for this method in the first instance can be the best bet.
iToolab FixGo is third-party software that can help you fix this issue in one go. It is a powerful tool that repairs almost any issue with iOS devices. It can also fix the issue of the Waze sound not working.
The program offers three modes, and each of them has different features.
- Standard mode
- Advanced mode
- Exit recovery mode
The Standard mode of the application itself is enough for a wide range of problems like a black screen, a dead iPhone, iPhone stuck in recovery mode, or restarting loops that may occur in your iOS device. The software is compatible with almost all iOS devices.
The software iToolab FixGo is a professional tool that targets the issues of any iOS system and repairs them. It has been trusted and recommended by many popular media sites.
It can troubleshoot almost any problem on any device, be it an iPod Touch, iPad, or iPhone. You can run it easily on all iOS devices and versions like 10/11/12/13/14/15/16.
You can also download it for free on Windows with version 7 and later, as well as macOS 10.7 and later.
Now Let’s See the Process of Using FixGo:
1. Download the application on your PC, finish the installation, and launch it. Plug your iOS device into the computer and then click on the option Fix iOS System – Standard Mode.
2. Now, tap on the Fix Now button. Your device must now be put in DFU mode so the program can detect it. If you cannot understand how to put the iPhone in DFU mode, you may alternatively try putting it into Recovery mode.
3. Once done, the program will search for and provide your phone’s latest and most suitable firmware package. Now you need to click on the Download button.
4. The last step requires you to tap on the Start button. The issue will get fixed now in a matter of a few minutes.
The feedback from the users has been very positive regarding the free version. They will make you sure about downloading and giving the software a try.
Other Solutions to Try for Fixing People Can’t Hear Me on My iPhone
If you think that the reason why people can’t hear me on my iPhone is very basic, then you may want to try any of these solutions that we have given in this section.
The only thing you need to remember here is that these methods’ success rate is low compared to that of the software iToolab FixGo we have already discussed.
Let’s see the basic six solutions.
1. Check the Case of Your iPhone
There can be many reasons for the inability of people to hear you on the iPhone, and some of them might be lying with your phone itself.
So if you are facing this issue too, you might want to check the cover or case of your iPhone. Examine it thoroughly.
It might be the case where the case might cover the microphone or the receiver. This intercepts the sound from being transmitted properly. What you can do is remove the case and then give a call to someone.
Test the call quality now if you can hear the other side nicely. We suggest you try this step first before trying any other method.
2. Check If the Headphone Mode Is On
There is one more thing to try if the problem remains unsolved. Sometimes the Headphone mode gets turned on automatically. There are some things that you might want to try to solve.
Firstly, see if any debris or gunk is stuck into the audio jacks of the receiver or microphone. If it is, then clean them out. You can next try plugging the headphones in and out quickly.
Doing this might prove helpful as sometimes the iPhone cannot recognize the headphones connected to it. Plugging them in and out a few times might help the phone detect the connection process.
If you are using an adapter, perform the same process with the adapter too.
3. Check the Noise Cancellation Feature in Your Device
If your iPhone X is not allowing people to hear you properly, this is another fix for you to try.
There is a feature called Phone Noise Cancellation, which aims to minimize the disturbances during a call. Sometimes this feature might become a reason for the voice to diminish altogether.
You may then try checking if the feature is enabled on your device. To do that, go to the Settings of your device. Then go into the tab Accessibility, and here you will see the option of Phone Noise Cancellation.
If the option is turned on, then toggle it off. It might solve the issue, and people might begin hearing from you now.
4. Check if the Bluetooth Is On
Bluetooth might be the next thing you want to troubleshoot as a probable reason people can’t hear me on my iPhone.
To do that, check the Connection settings on your iPhone. Just go into the device’s Settings and click on the Bluetooth option. If you find it on, then toggle it off and disable it.
5. Check the Receiver
The next option to try is to check the receiver of your phone. You can do so by following the steps given below:
- Open the app Voice Memos on your iPhone. Record any audio over it for any short duration.
- Once you have recorded a voice note, tap on the play icon, and hear the recorded note on the speaker.
- Now, click on the button Play again and listen to the clip from the sound receiver of your iOS device.
- If you see that the sound being heard is normal and there is no crackling noise in it, the receivers are working perfectly fine. The other thing that gets implied is that the problem is with your carrier network or maybe something else.
6. Hard Resetting the Device
If the problem is still unresolved, then this might be the last option for you to try. Yes, we are talking about hard restarting the iPhone. It works in most cases.
However, if you own an iPhone X or newer version, the hard reset method is a bit different from the other models.
Following are the steps to perform the method:
- Press the button Volume Up and then release it quickly too.
- Do the above process with the button Volume Down as well.
- Now press the Power button and keep it held till you see that the Apple logo has appeared over the screen. There you go.
- Why can’t people hear me on my iPhone? There can be several reasons for this issue, including blocked microphones, software glitches, network problems, or physical damage to your iPhone.
- How can I unblock my iPhone’s microphone? Clear away any obstructions, such as dust, debris, or a protective case, from the microphone area to unblock it.
- Why is my iPhone experiencing audio dropouts during calls? Weak network signal, poor reception, or network congestion can cause audio dropouts during phone calls.
- Should I update my iPhone’s iOS regularly? Yes, keeping your iPhone’s operating system up to date is important for optimal performance and bug fixes.
- What should I do if my iPhone’s microphone is physically damaged? If you suspect physical damage to your iPhone’s microphone, it is recommended to seek assistance from Apple Support or an authorized service center.
We understand how frustrated you feel while telling me that people can’t hear me on my iPhone.
It gets very annoying when you have something important to share with your friend over a call, but your voice breaks or fails to be received on the other end. iPhone users have reported facing this issue frequently.
We provided some helpful tips and tricks for solving the People Can’t Hear Me on My iPhone problem, and we hope they will fix this issue.
At last, if the iPhone is under the warranty period, visit the Apple Store nearby and get it exchanged for a new one or ask for assistance from them.