Understanding the Issue
It’s happened to the best of us. You’re expecting an important call, and then – nothing. The call goes straight to voicemail, bypassing the ringing process entirely. This is a common issue with iPhones, but why does it happen, and more importantly, how can it be fixed?
Reasons for iPhone Going to Voicemail
Before troubleshooting, it’s important to understand why your iPhone might be sending calls straight to voicemail. There are a few potential culprits:
If your iPhone has weak reception or no service at all, it cannot receive calls. Instead, these calls go directly to voicemail.
Do Not Disturb Mode
Do Not Disturb mode, when enabled, sends all calls directly to voicemail unless you’ve added the caller to your Favorites list or have repeated calls turned on.
Your iPhone sends calls from blocked numbers straight to voicemail.
Here are five useful tips for you when your iPhone goes straight to voicemail:
At the outset, you must make sure to check the settings on the iPhone device. The settings enumerated below need to be looked at and switched off.
1. Do Not Disturb
First of all, you must examine whether an icon in the shape of a crescent moon is visible near the battery icon.
If it is visible, you will know that the ‘Do Not Disturb’ feature is switched on. To switch it off, you must follow these steps:
Step 1: Go to your iPhone Settings and click on the ‘Do Not Disturb‘ selection.
Step 2: Then, switch off the ‘Manual‘ icon by clicking on the toggle button.
You can otherwise turn off the ‘Do Not Disturb’ feature by simply dragging it up the bottom of your iPhone screen. Then tap on the icon shaped like a crescent moon to turn it off.
Sometimes the ‘Do Not Disturb’ icon gets switched on or off without human intervention, owing to its ‘Scheduled’ attribute, which makes the problem persists.
This denotes that the feature is programmed and can automatically turn on or off when you go off to sleep. Hence, you must make certain to switch off the ‘Scheduled’ option as well.
2. Airplane Mode
The next way to look out for when iPhone goes straight to voicemail is by determining whether the Airplane Mode is turned off. Follow these steps:
Step 1: To switch off the ‘Airplane Mode‘ feature, go to your iPhone Settings.
Step 2: Locate the ‘Airplane Mode‘ option and hit the sliding button to switch it off.
3. Cellular Roaming
The next way to look out for when iPhone goes straight to voicemail is by checking whether Cellular Roaming is switched off. Follow these steps:
Step 1: Go to iPhone Settings and locate the ‘Cellular‘ option.
Step 2: Tap on ‘Cellular Data Options‘, and then slide off the ‘Data Roaming‘ icon.
This resolution has proved useful for iPhone users using the Verizon plan and running on iOS 11 or iOS 10.
4. Call Forwarding
Switching this feature is very simple. You must go to the ‘Call Forwarding‘ option from your iPhone Phone Settings menu and switch it off. The method has been effective for over 99% of cases where the iPhone goes straight to voicemail.
If the voicemail problem on your iPhone persists after you have checked all settings, you can reset the network settings to solve the issue. Follow these steps:
Step 1: You can begin by visiting ‘Settings‘ and choosing the General option.
Step 2: Then visit the ‘Reset‘ menu and choose ‘Reset Network Settings.’
Step 3: You must type in your passcode and click on ‘Reset Network Settings‘ once more.
You must remember that this technique can reset your entire network’s information, ranging from the entire VPN, APN, and iPhone Wi-Fi settings to even Bluetooth settings.
Hence, you must make sure to copy your entire data and back it up or send it to a safe location. Otherwise, your data files will need to be inserted over again after resetting network settings.
Hard rebooting is another additional method you can find efficient for your iPhone. Follow these steps to do so:
(For iPhone 6s or earlier model users): You must press the Sleep/Wake button together with Home simultaneously and maintain it for about ten seconds until the Apple logo is displayed.
(For iPhone 7 or latest model users): You must press the Sleep/Wake push-button with ‘Volume Down‘ consecutively and maintain it for about ten seconds until the Apple logo is displayed.
Calling or going to the carrier outlet can be a convenient answer when iPhone goes straight to voicemail. This can help you understand the issue’s cause.
Besides, for people who forgot Voicemail passwords, this is just for you.
The voicemail problem on your iPhone can be due to a software issue. You can use the Tenorshare UltData program when encountering such an issue on your iOS. For your handiness, we have enlisted its chief features:
- The program can cope with problems like a white screen or black screen, iPhone text messages out of order, reboot loops, recovery mode problems, and much more on your iPhone device.
- With this program, there is nil change or loss of data.
- It also lets users fix the ‘iPhone keeps going to Voicemail’ without technical expertise.
- Tenorshare UltData can easily get back deleted or accidentally lost data, which you might encounter on your iPhone.
- The program has the most usable and up-to-date features, which can let you fix the data loss on your iPhone device at home without expert or professional intervention.
- Tenorshare UltData can perform efficient recovery functions on your iPhone, ranging from your images, WhatsApp messages, contacts, audio and video files, notes, songs, and much more than twenty-two kinds of data.
- This program can provide you with three distinct recovery modes so that you may locate your data quickly. You can use these modes effortlessly to recover any data file from your iPhone device or iCloud and iTunes backup.
- Tenorshare UltData can let you preview your data files as well. This method can conveniently recover your iPhone data files in a mass or selective manner.
These are some chief points of the Tenorshare UltData software, which you can use when your iPhone goes straight to voicemail.
- Why does my iPhone go straight to voicemail when I have full reception? This could be due to Do Not Disturb mode or because the caller’s number is blocked.
- Will updating my iOS fix this issue? Sometimes, updating your iOS can fix this issue, but it’s not guaranteed.
- How do I know if Do Not Disturb mode is on? There will be a crescent moon symbol in the top right corner of your iPhone screen when Do Not Disturb mode is on.
- Does resetting network settings erase all data on my iPhone? No, it only erases your saved Wi-Fi networks and passwords, not all data.
- What should I do if none of these steps work? Contact your carrier. They can check if there are network issues or if voicemail has been set up correctly.
To sum it up, being incapable of receiving calls from your friends and relatives can be very inconvenient and trying. You could be missing important calls all the time when your iPhone tends to be unresponsive to your calls. Nevertheless, the way out is not complicated to put into practice.
Now that you have read about such new and easy-to-use ways, it has hopefully proved useful when your iPhone goes straight to voicemail.
You can also use the Tenorshare UltData software anytime for such device-to-device issues. It has been recommended by Cult of Mac to recover the loss of data. You should use this program to solve such a crisis.