Many users want to know how to edit MTS files easier and faster. In this case, finding a good MTS video editor is one of their main challenges.
So, we composed this article revealing the best tools to edit MTS files for your reference.
The Requirement to Edit MTS Files
We all love to preserve our precious moments using different methods. Recording videos is one of the most widely used methods because videos bring back memories of real life.
In many cases, you will come across the requirement of editing those videos due to some reason or another. For instance, you will want to cut unwanted parts, merge two clips, or crop a video.
Also, you might need to add some filters or effects to those videos to make them look better. To edit a video file, you need a special video editing tool. There are indeed plenty of video editing tools on the market.
However, choosing a video editor from this large collection can be an intimidating target for you. Before choosing an application, you should do plenty of research as well.
But you can leave that worry aside and keep reading this article. This article comprises the best MTS video editor tools available in the modern-day market.
PS: let’s figure out what to do when facing the iMovie video rendering error.
Introduction to MTS Files
In simplest terms, MTS is the abbreviation for MPEG Transport Stream. This specific file format utilizes MPEG-4 / H.264 compression. Moreover, it is compatible with both 720p and 1080i HD video resolutions.
When it comes to the audio content on MTS, it may be compressed using Dolby AC-3 codec. If not, it might be saved using an uncompressed linear PCM audio format. These files are compatible with 2-channel stereo and 5.1 surround sound.
Some video players and editors might not support this file format. So, you are supposed to find specific players that are compatible with MTS.
Best MTS Video Editor Tools to Edit MTS File
This section lists the best tools to edit MTS files easily. All these tools come with impressive features, powerful functionality, and greater compatibility with all the leading file formats.
At the end of this list, we provide a comparison to give you a better idea about them.
Wondershare Filmora is considered one of the market’s most powerful video editing tools. Although it has a very simple user interface, the performance and features of this tool are so professional.
In a way, it is a perfect combination of user-friendliness and efficiency. It works perfectly on both Windows and macOS platforms. To make the process more efficient, Filmora comes with two different modes to choose from.
You can choose Easy Editor Mode or the Full Featured Mode. Users can decide which mode to choose depending on their requirement. Considering all those reasons, this tool can be ranked as one of the prominent options for editing MTS files.
- Filmora is a highly versatile tool that can be used even to edit photos for videos. That is in addition to editing videos and audio.
- It offers features such as Picture-In-Picture videos, transitions, adding and editing titles, etc.
- You can use this tool to separate audio content from videos and edit them separately. Then, you can merge the edited audio files into the video.
- Wondershare Filmora is a superb tool for converting videos.
- This tool is compatible with a wide range of file types as well.
- You can share videos directly from Filmora to social media platforms like Facebook and YouTube.
- You can use Filmora to download videos from a large range of websites, convert them or edit them.
This free video editor is available by default with the macOS. A newer version of iMovie is released with each macOS. IMovie is indeed free.
However, the free version of iMovie can only be found with the newer macOS versions. You should purchase it if you want to get it without necessarily moving to a new macOS.
In general, the features of iMovie are superb and handy enough for a free application.
Features of iMovie
- You can create the One Step Effect using iMovie.
- It is compatible with both 3D and 2D video formats.
- It works well with audio encoding.
- You can use this app to create movie trailers as well.
- Compatible with file formats such as MP4, M4V, and MOV files.
- You can use it to share videos directly on online platforms.
Avidemux is another useful tool that works well for video editing tasks. It’s a highly versatile tool that comprises various features to impress users.
You can use it on any known operating system, which operates smoothly on those platforms.
On top of all those impressive features, you can use this tool for free. It allows you to cut, crop, and edit videos with ease.
Thanks to its wide compatibility, you can use it as an MTS video editor. Videos and audio can be encoded perfectly with Avidemux.
Features of Avidemux
- Very smooth audio editing features.
- You can use it to control the subtitles of the videos.
- Perfect conversion between several different formats.
- You can use it to save the whole project as a single file.
- You can use a single interface for any video editing task.
Blender has been known as one of the best video editing tools, with plenty of features since 2002. This tool is known as a 3D video editor.
It is mainly used for modeling, animating, rigging, simulation, etc. You can use this application more effectively for 3D video creation.
The overall popularity of this application is very impressive. This tool has a pretty unique interface. Even if you hardly have any experience related to video editing, you can master Blender easily.
Features of Blender
- Fully featured advanced tools for simulation.
- Advanced tools so you can create perfect animated bodies.
- Merge multiple scenes using this file.
- You can use it to borrow video content already created and saved.
- You can use it nearly on any OS.
- It consumes a very small amount of space.
05. HyperEngine AV
This lightweight yet powerful application comes with unique features to edit MTS files. You can use this tool to create aspects such as slideshows as well. Despite its lightweight characteristic, you can find plenty of useful features inside this application.
And you can use this application to edit videos from your collection. In addition to that, it works as a video-capturing tool too. Tasks such as processing audio were made easier with HyperEngine AV.
Features of HyperEngine AV
- Plenty of effects are loaded in the application.
- Applies transition effects in real-time.
- I can edit audio clips easily.
06. Video Grabber
Video Grabber is different from other applications mentioned in this article because it is an online tool. It comes with plenty of features.
For instance, it has a video downloader, screen recorder, and even a converter apart from editing. Although it doesn’t have advanced features, it is an easy-to-use application that can do a decent job for you.
That means it is good enough to accomplish some simple video editing tasks successfully. It doesn’t even want you to sign up for accounts. Instead, you can simply install a launcher before using the Video Grabber online tool.
Features of Video Grabber
- It is an online tool that doesn’t require installing heavy applications.
- A very convenient application, even for new users.
- Excellent user-interface.
- No sign-up requires.
- It can download, edit and record videos with ease.
- Ideal to be used as a simple MTS video editor.
A Comparison of MTS Video Editor Tools
Mentioned below is a comparison of video editing tools explained in this article. This section will explain how to choose the best video editor from the rest.
The chart below compares each tool’s performance, features, compatibility, and other useful features.
|Wondershare Filmora||30 times faster than other options||Video, images, audio||Two editing modes (Easy Editor Mode and Full Feature Mode)||Windows and macOS|
|Apple iMovie||Average||Video & Audio||Single-mode||macOS only|
|Avidemux||Average||Video & Audio||Single-mode||Windows and macOS|
|Blender||Average||3D Video & Audio||Single-mode||Windows and macOS|
|HyperEngine||Average||Video & Audio||Single-mode||Windows and macOS|
|Video Grabber||Average||Video & Audio||Single-mode||Windows|
Looking at the above comparison table, you can clearly understand each option. You can then decide which tool is best to accomplish your tasks.
According to our findings, the best option in this list is Wondershare Filmora, without a doubt.
We have several reasons to mention Filmora as our preferred MTS video editor. User-friendliness, excellent speed, reliability, and superb compatibility are only some of those features we should mention. Even if you are a novice user, you can easily use Filmora and edit MTS files perfectly.
However, you’re free to check with the other options as well and see if they can match your requirements.
If you know of other similar tools, you may mention them in the comments section below.