There are several methods to convert video links to MP4 file format. But finding the best URL link to an MP4 converter can be pretty challenging for many individuals. Some tools may have certain restrictions and drawbacks.
More importantly, some of those tools may even come with dangers, such as viruses or trojan horses. However, this article exposes the best tools to convert URLs to MP4 safer, easier, and reliably.
There is no shortage of sources today for us to view video and audio content. They generally allow us to enjoy those contents online through our computers or smartphones. While it is a good option to have those contents online, some individuals need to download them.
If you download that content, you have the ability to view them whenever you want without an internet connection. Also, such a practice allows you to view downloaded content as much as you want.
When you download the content, however, you must pay attention to the file format. Otherwise, the downloaded file might not be compatible with the devices such as smartphones or video player tools.
There are many video formats, but only some of them have versatile compatibility and output quality. This is exactly when a file format like MP4 comes to play.
Now that you know the purpose of converting URL to MP4, lets’ get to the list of converters. We have prepared a list that comprises professional and easy-to-use tools.
Part 1: The Best Link to MP4 Converter
As the first option, here’s the most professional tool that can be used as a link to the MP4 converter. Wondershare UniConverter is the best tool out there in the market to convert URLs to MP4.
Apart from converting, this tool comes with a range of interesting features to impress you. This special tool is compatible with more than 1000 video and audio formats. As a result, you can convert any URL to any preferred format.
The user interface of UniConverter is simplified, and even a novice can make use of it with no hassle. This professional tool is developed to be compatible with both Windows and Mac platforms.
It works with an impressive speed to convert video files. On top of that, it converts video files without losing the quality of the original video.
Mentioned below are the most notable features associated with Wondershare UniConverter.
- It can convert VPROJ to MP4 and convert content in URL to various other file formats, including MP4, MP3, AVI, MOV, etc.
- UniConverter can convert the videos and audios, retaining the original quality of the video.
- You can use it to convert links from a variety of video-sharing platforms such as YouTube. Also, it supports platforms like Instagram, Vimeo, Facebook, Dailymotion, and so on.
- You can convert video files into batches to save time.
- It can download an entire playlist with its subtitles at once with a single-click operation.
- The excellent speed delivers 30X faster conversion compared to online converters.
- It can download, convert and then transfer the videos to many devices directly.
- You can edit downloaded videos by cutting, rotating, merging, special effects, metadata addition, etc.
How to Convert Video Link to MP4 Using UniConverter
Mentioned below are the steps you are supposed to follow to convert a video link to MP4.
01. Copy the URL
Log into your PC or Mac and open a web browser of your preference. Then, open the respective video (YouTube, Dailymotion, Vimeo, or any other). You can even select a playlist. Then, copy the URL to proceed.
02. Open UniConverter
As the next step, you should open Wondershare UniConverter. We assume that you have already downloaded and installed UniConverter on your Mac or PC at this stage. Then, you should click on the tab labeled “Downloader“.
Click on the button that represents an export function. You will see a setting window. Choose the output file format as MP4.
Also, don’t forget to define the video resolution as well. You can choose it from the “Download Video” option. Then, click on the option called “Download“.
Extra Tip: Convert URLs into Other File Formats
It is true that UniConvert can convert URLs to MP4. However, that’s not all this tool can do. You can use it to convert URLs into various other formats without much trouble.
For instance, you can convert videos to MOV, MKV, or AVI using this handy tool. To do that, all you should do is enable the download and click on the Convert Mode button.
Then, you should choose the output format from the Video tab. For instance, if you need to download a URL into M4V format, you can choose it from the output. The file you downloaded will then be converted into the defined format.
Part 2: Online Tools to Convert Video Link to MP4
Wondershare UniConverter is a powerful tool that can convert any video URL to the desired format. However, some individuals don’t want to download software; instead, they prefer online tools thinking that they are convenient.
Despite the truth of it, here are some online tools that can convert video links to MP4. Please note that you cannot expect stable performance through online tools.
Online-Convert is a free tool, and it allows you to add both URLs and local files to convert. You can convert files to MP4 and various other formats using this tool. This program is easily accessible straight from your browser.
Also, it has a straightforward interface. Also, the conversion is speedy, and it has a decent output quality too. In addition to that, you can add data to it through cloud storage as well.
- You can add files to it through URLs, Google Drive, Dropbox, PC, etc.
- This tool lets you choose output file configurations as well. For instance, you can choose the frame rate, screen size, bitrate, etc.
- It is compatible with a large range of file formats.
- You can save the configurations and use them for future conversion tasks easily.
PS: here are the top YouTube to WebM converters for your reference.
02. Online Video Converter
Online Video Converter is another free and useful tool that works well in converting URLs to video formats.
You can use any of the browsers to access this tool, and it has a straightforward interface.
It works well with all the video-sharing platforms such as YouTube, Dailymotion, Vimeo, etc.
- It can extract files through URLs and local storage for conversion.
- This tool supports high-quality conversion speed.
- It is compatible with all the browsers that are in use today.
- Supports a large range of output formats such as MP4, MOV, WMV, etc.
- You can use it even on a mobile device.
ClipConverter is a pretty popular platform that even allows recording in addition to converting and downloading.
You can use it with a large range of video-sharing platforms. You can use it for free, and it works well with YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, and so on.
On top of that, it gives you the option of deciding the quality of the file. You can use it with minimal effort.
- It is a free tool that requires no installation or registration.
- It works well with URL download.
- You can download and convert URLs to many file formats, including MP4, AVI, 3GP, etc.
- It supports even 4K videos.
- You can add videos from your local storage to convert videos.
Also, let’s figure out how to turn live photos into videos.
ConvertFiles is a free online tool that has a smooth performance to convert any URL to MP4 format. Also, it maintains a good quality and better speed.
You will be able to add files to this platform through local storage as well. You don’t need to worry about installing or registering for accounts.
- It works well to convert links from various sources.
- It is compatible with many different input files.
- You can use it to add MP4 and other videos.
- Apart from videos, it can even convert other files like e-Books and documents.
- The converted file can be downloaded easily through the interface.
- It supports up to 250MB.
Zamzar can be considered as one of the well-known platforms that convert video links to MP4. The best thing about this program is that it is compatible with more than 1200 formats.
Also, it works smoothly without any issue as a superb link to an MP4 converter. The simplified user interface, no installation, relatively speedy performance, etc., are other good things about this tool.
- It lets you add files from local storage in addition to URL.
- Apart from MP4, it adds files for the purpose of converting.
- Supports a large range of output file formats.
- Downloadable files are sent to your email.
- It supports up to 50MB file size.
Convertio, just like the name suggests, is a good tool designed to convert videos online. It is a free tool that doesn’t require any installation.
Apart from adding files from URLs, it allows you to upload files through cloud storage and local storage. Moreover, the output quality of the converted files is decent enough.
- It is compatible with a wide array of files from various different sources.
- Large range of output formats.
- You can download files from the interface easily.
- Supports cloud storage as well.
07. Convert to MP3
Convert to MP3 is capable of downloading and converting videos from various sources. You can use it to download videos through YouTube, Dailymotion, etc.
It’s a free tool, and you don’t need to worry about registration. Moreover, it has an option to search for the videos you intend to download.
- This tool lets you download videos through URLs and convert them into various formats, including MP4.
- It has an option to choose the output file format and resolution of the video.
- You can use it to search for videos you want to download and convert.
AConvert is another superb tool that works well when it comes to converting URLs to MP4.
It gives you the option of uploading videos from Google Drive, local files, Dropbox, etc. It gives you an array of output file formats. The interface of this application is straightforward.
- A free tool that can be used to convert files with no hassle.
- Supports videos from many different sources.
- Can change the size of the videos, frame rate, and bitrate.
- You can download the output file either to Dropbox, Google Drive, or a local disk.
Part 3: Common Drawbacks Associated with Any Online Link to MP4 Converter
Although online tools don’t need any installation or downloading of software, some drawbacks are associated with them. Mentioned below are those limitations for your information.
● Download Speed is Limited
It is true that download speed is limited when it comes to any online link to an MP4 converter. That is because the performance of such tools depends majorly on the internet speed. In addition to that, the conversion speed is significantly slower compared to a tool like UniConverter.
● They Hardly Offer Batch or Playlist Download
When it comes to online converters, they come with pretty basic conversion tools in general. Pretty much all of those tools allow downloading a limited file size. The same theory applies to conversion as well. So, if you have huge download tasks and batch processing, the online converter is not the best option.
● Compatibility Issues
The number of file formats supported by online tools is significantly smaller than tools like UniConverter. In some cases, you may not find the output file type you are looking for with some tools.
● Basic File Conversion Options
When it comes to conversion options, online tools offer minimal options compared to UniConverter. In many cases, you cannot expect acceptable quality from the converted videos using online tools. That is because they offer a significantly smaller number of options in terms of file conversion and output quality.
So, it is easily understandable that the online tools are less efficient compared to installable applications like UniConverter. On the other hand, the main advantage of online tools is that they come as free tools. Also, the majority of those tools done even require registration.
If you are looking for a good URL link to an MP4 converter, you should do your research well. Then, decide whether to get it done through a free tool or a professional application.
After all, it is a matter that depends on the quality you expect. If it is a random video conversion task, an online tool might be good for you. However, for a professional output, you need to rely on a stable, fast tool like UniConverter.
1. What is the difference between online and desktop MP4 converters?
Online MP4 converters are web-based tools accessed through a browser, while desktop converters require installation on your computer. Online converters offer convenience and accessibility, while desktop converters often provide more advanced features and faster processing speeds.
2. Can I convert multiple MP4 files simultaneously using an MP4 converter?
Yes, many MP4 converters support batch conversions, allowing you to convert multiple files simultaneously. This saves time and effort when dealing with a large number of MP4 files.
3. Are MP4 converters free to use?
There are both free and paid MP4 converters available. Free converters often have limitations on features, file sizes, or output quality. Paid converters may offer more advanced features and unrestricted usage. Consider your needs and budget when choosing between free and paid options.
4. How can I ensure the best output quality when converting MP4 files?
To achieve the best output quality, ensure that you select a high-quality output format and adjust the conversion settings appropriately. It’s recommended to keep the video resolution, bitrate, and audio settings as close to the original file’s specifications as possible.
5. Can I convert MP4 files to other video formats?
Yes, MP4 converters typically support converting MP4 files to various video formats, such as AVI, MOV, WMV, and more. Check the supported formats of your chosen converter to ensure compatibility with your desired output format.
Well, that’s our article about the best tools to convert video URLs to MP4. Do you know any other similar link to MP4 converter tools? If so, please let us know. Also, if you have any doubts related to the above matter, please comment below.