Through the use of technology, it has become easier for us to compress the size of a file. Various solutions are available online, which can aid us in shrinking the size of a file.
It also enables us to upload such files online to social networking websites, send them through THE mail, or free up space on the disk.
Below are some of the ways that can help us in shrinking the size of a file through the use of an online video compressor, and that too without any constraints.
Big multimedia files download and load very slowly when an online MP4 compressor is used for loading the videos. UniConverter is the best tool for compressing a file size without compromising the quality within a short duration.
Using this mp4 compressor or the other MP4Fix, you can easily convert files into any other format, both in video and audio, just by following quick and simple steps.
Moreover, a user is allowed to share these videos on social networking websites. Plus, a user can add subtitles to a video. Additionally, it has a feature of highlight that highlights the videos whenever you convert them into an MP4 format or YouTube at ultra-high definition resolutions.
You may also like to know how to repair MP4 video.
- This is considered the best online video compressor.
- Shrinks the size of the video without affecting the quality levels.
- Using this software, you can customize a video in frame rate, resolution, bitrate terms, etc.
- This converter performs the function of conversion and compression very quickly. It converts Video2Mp4 easily.
- It personalizes, enhances, and edits your video.
- Records and downloads videos from more than 10,000 websites of video sharing.
- Additionally, it has very attractive DVD templates.
- It has a versatile toolbox that can fix GIFs, metadata, screen recorder, video converter, and cast television videos.
- Be compatible with Windows 7, 8, and 10 operating systems, macOS 10.6 ~ 12.
- It has verified security, and over 4 million people have downloaded it.
Steps Required Following for Compressing MP4 Videos
Step 1: Upload videos in MP4 format to the alternative online MP4 compressor.
In the first step, you are required to register, install, and download the Video Converter Ultimate software from Wondershare.
After that, open this tool and go to the option of Convert, then Converting, and then add files for selecting your video from the window pop-up.
Step 2: Optimize the file using a desktop video compressor
You will observe the drop-down icon below other than the option of “convert all files to.” Go to that option and open it, and then all the available formats will open up. Now go to the tab video and then click on the option of MP4.
To adjust the parameters, you can go to create custom, which will display the window of settings. You can change the frame rate and resolution by going to the window of settings.
You can also go to the small size option and observe how the file size shrinks. Go to the option of Create for creating new and customized formats.
Step 3: Compress videos offline
Once you are done with the settings, go to the option of convert all, where the mp4 video will be converted using the offline video converter.
You can go to the icon of output to locate the video which is compressed if you wish to convert the compressed video.
Enjoy the alternative of an online video compressor whenever there is a need for compressing a video in MP4 format.
Test Results of using an Online MP4 Compressor
- The time period taken by it to compress the video offline is around 65 seconds.
- Input: MP4 format 386.68 MB and time period taken in 221 seconds
- Output: FLV format, 82.4 MB, and the time period taken is 221 seconds.
- Computer: 16 GB, Intel Core i5, Windows 7.
Sharing videos on social networking platforms by uploading them is very prominent nowadays among people. People do a share of videos regularly. The most prominent format of digital videos is the MP4 format.
Nevertheless, the image quality that this format offers is very high. Therefore, their size is large enough that they cannot be shared with people through email or uploaded online.
So, it is important to search for ways through which one can compress the size of MP4 files. Here are some of the online MP4 compressors to compress videos online.
Clipchamp is a great online mp4 compressor, enabling us to shrink the size of MP4 videos online without installing any tool on the computer system.
This tool is particularly used for compressing YouTube videos or those sent through the mail. You can compress MP4 videos for free by using this option.
You are allowed to convert a maximum of 5 videos for free by using this online video compressor.
If you wish to shrink the size of more videos, you must pay 7.5 dollars a month. For Chipchamp, you must log in by entering valid e-mail credentials.
If you do so, then you will be able to record unlimited input size as well as the length of the video. As a free user, you can edit videos with an input resolution of 4k.
VideoSmaller is a great online MP4 compressor as it enables you to shrink the size of the file easily as well as conveniently. This software is available in several languages and supports MOV, MP4, and other formats.
It has various other distinct attributes. You can perform the tasks you generally do by downloading tools for converting docs into PDF format and converting video files into audio. This online video compressor makes it easier to compress a video.
If you are looking for another option for an online MP4 compressor without installing any tool on your system, then Cloudconvert is all you need.
This video compressor enables you to compress various files simultaneously and prepares them to be sent through e-mail.
Now, you can easily shrink the size of a video using this amazing online video compressor.
Steps to convert videos through the use of an online video converter
In the steps below, we will use an online video compressor of Clipchamp.
Step 1: Go to the website of Clipchamp, and then go to the Clipchamp menu.
Step 2: After opening the menu, you can open the options in the small window. To reduce the size of the MP4 file online, go to the compress icon.
Step 3: This will be displayed in some other Window. Now, go to the option of ‘compress a video now.’
Step 4: In the next step, select the Google or Facebook account or type in a valid email address to sign in.
Step 5: After signing in by using an account, you need to go to the option of compressing the videos, which is given on the right side. A window will open up for locating a video file. After choosing the file, go to the option of “open.”
Step 6: Wait for some time and go to the icon of “I want to optimize for,” then choose the option of Google, Facebook, etc., and then select start.
Step 7: Wait for the video to be shared or uploaded. This is a great online MP4 compressor.
Test results of using Clipchamp
- Time is taken for compressing the videos offline: 45 minutes
- Input: MP4 formats, time taken: 3 minutes 41 seconds.
- Output: FLV videos period taken: 3 min 41 seconds
- Computer: Windows 7, 16 GB, Intel Core i5
Advantages of using Clipchamp as an online MP4 compressor
- This software is easy to use as well as quick.
- Can perform recording with a webcam.
- Plus, it is available in various languages.
- It can also be used for editing videos.
- You can also change the resolution of a video by using this online video converter.
- You can also reduce the size of the videos.
- There is no requirement for any extra application.
Disadvantages of using Clipchamp as a video converter
- You can only shrink the size of 5 videos using this software for free.
- While using the free version, it does not allow much time to record a video through a webcam.
- Several users are not permitted to access the free version of an online video converter.
- It is mandatory to have an internet connection.
Today measurement of capacities is done in gigabytes and not in megabytes. The capacity measurement is also done in terabytes. The size of games as well as photos has increased.
Games and programs take up a lot of space in the system, which is why compression is needed. Depending on various things, you can compress videos in Mp4 format using an online mp4 compressor or download an application on your phone.
A desktop MP4 compressor is available in over 1000 formats, such as MP4, AVI, MP3, and MOV, whereas online MP4 compressors, such as Cloudconvert, Videosmaller, and Clipchamp, can only support AVI, MPEG, MOV, and MP4 formats. If you use Wondershare Uniconverter, then the speed of compressing the videos is 30 times faster.
On the other hand, speed in the case of online mp4 compressors is dependent upon the internet connection. UniConverter can compress videos together in a batch, but such a thing is impossible in the case of Clipchamp and videoSmaller.
There is a limitation in the case of Desktop compressors without the internet, but there is no such limitation in online compressors.
- What is an Online Video Compressor? An Online Video Compressor is a tool that reduces the file size of videos without sacrificing the quality.
- Why is video compression important? Video compression is vital as it saves space on your device, reduces buffering times, enables faster loading, and uses less data when streaming or downloading.
- How does an Online Video Compressor maintain quality? Online Video Compressors use advanced algorithms that reduce file size while keeping the video’s visual and auditory quality intact.
- Are Online Video Compressors safe to use? Yes, most reputable online video compressors ensure user privacy and delete files from their servers after a few hours.
- How can I compress my videos online? You can compress your videos online by selecting a reliable video compressor, uploading your video, choosing your desired settings, and then starting the compression process.
So, these were some of the most amazing online video compressors you can use to reduce or shrink the size of a video in MP4 format. All these compression programs are simple to use and quick. Out of all, the best video converter is Wondershare UniConverter.