Have you ever been in the middle of a great workout session or deep into your favorite song, and suddenly your Skullcandy wireless earbuds start misbehaving?
Fear not! Resetting them might be the answer you’re looking for. And guess what? It’s simpler than you think.
Why Resetting Your Earbuds Can Be Necessary
Wireless earbuds have become a staple for many. But like any other electronic device, they can sometimes act up.
Common Issues with Wireless Earbuds:
- Distorted sound
- Pairing difficulties
- Unresponsive controls
- Battery drain
- Random disconnections
Resetting is often a quick solution to resolve these glitches and rejuvenate your earbuds.
Also, shopping around for the best headphones for big heads can be a tedious task. But here, you will find some superb headphones for big heads.
A Step-by-Step Guide to Resetting
Before diving into the reset process, ensure the following:
- Your earbuds are charged.
- You’re in a place free from too many electronic interferences.
- You have your device nearby for re-pairing.
By the way, finding earbuds for small ears is quite a task. So, we thought of composing a list of the top 10 earbuds for small ears to make things easier.
How to Disconnect Skullcandy Earbuds from Your Device
Before attempting a reset, it’s essential to disconnect your Skullcandy wireless earbuds from any paired devices. This ensures they won’t attempt to reconnect during the process.
Here’s how you can do it:
- Navigate to the Bluetooth Settings on your device.
- Find your Skullcandy earbuds in the list of paired Bluetooth devices.
- Click on the gear symbol (on Android) or the ‘i’ symbol (on iOS) next to your earbuds’ name and choose Forget This Device.
For added precaution, disable your device’s Bluetooth after you’ve disconnected the earbuds.
Resetting Skullcandy Indy Earbuds
Let’s delve into how to reset the various Skullcandy Indy earbud models.
- Place the earbuds in their charging case.
- Remove the right earbud.
- Tap the control touch panel, located where the Skullcandy emblem is, four times to power it off and reset. The LED should turn red indicating success. If it doesn’t, repeat until it does.
- Return the right earbud to the case.
- Extract the left earbud and repeat the previous two steps.
Indy Evo and Fuel:
- Take both earbuds out of their case.
- Power them off by pressing and holding the control touch panel on both earbuds for 6 seconds.
- Keep holding the touch panel for another 10 seconds to initiate a full reset.
Indy ANC and ANC Fuel:
- Remove the earbuds from their case.
- Press and hold the control touch panel of each earbud for 6 seconds.
- Continue holding the touch panel on each earbud for another 15 seconds or until the LED glows blue.
- While the LED is blue, double-tap the touch panel on both earbuds. The LED should shift to purple, signaling a successful reset.
Resetting Skullcandy Sesh Earbuds
Let’s delve into the Skullcandy Sesh Evo Earbuds.
The design of the Sesh earbuds is both straightforward and user-friendly. The primary control button, distinguished by the Skullcandy logo, is prominently placed on each earbud’s surface.
Resetting your Sesh earbuds involves manipulating this button, though the procedure can differ based on the particular model.
Instructions to Reset Various Sesh Earbud Models:
- Extract only the left earbud from its charging case.
- Push the control button six times to turn it off. A red LED flash indicates a successful shutdown.
- Return the earbud to the case.
- Retrieve the right earbud and repeat the previous two steps.
- Remove the Sesh Evo earbuds from the case.
- Hold the control button on both earbuds for 4 seconds to switch them off.
- Press the same button on both earbuds for a continuous 10 seconds for a complete reset.
- Withdraw the earbuds from the charging case. An audible tone signifies they’re powered on.
- For both earbuds, press and sustain the control button for 3 seconds.
- The earbuds will flash red and then blue in succession. An audible tone indicates the reset is complete.
Resetting Skullcandy Grind Earbuds
A closer examination of the Skullcandy Grind Fuel Earbuds reveals similarities to the Sesh earbuds. The Grind earbuds also have a distinguishable control button, marked by the Skullcandy logo, on the earpiece. This button is key to the reset process.
- Extract both Grind earbuds from their case and listen for the voice prompt indicating they’re on.
- With the right earbud in hand, press and hold its control button for 3 seconds. This action will reset both earbuds.
Resetting Skullcandy Push Earbuds
A glimpse into the Skullcandy Push Active Earbuds reveals the simplicity of their reset process.
The control button, vital to the resetting procedure, is differently placed across models. On the Push Wireless, it’s adjacent to the Skullcandy logo, whereas on the Push Ultra, it’s imprinted with the logo. For the Push Active, the button can be found on the inner side of each earpiece.
Reset Procedures for Various Push Models:
- Extract both earbuds from the charging case.
- Deactivate the Push Wireless earbuds by pressing the control button on the left earbud for 5 seconds.
- Simultaneously press the control buttons on both earbuds for 12 seconds to reset.
- The reset is complete when the LEDs alternate between blue and red flashes.
- Retrieve both earbuds.
- Press the control button on each earbud for 6 seconds to turn them off.
- Press the same button on both for an additional 10 seconds for a full reset, indicated by a blue followed by a red LED flash.
- Remove both earbuds from the case and await an audible notification indicating they’re powered on.
- On the right earbud, press and maintain the control button for 3 seconds. A successful reset is confirmed by an audible signal and three purple flashes from the right earbud.
Resetting Skullcandy Jib Wireless Earbuds
A peek at the Skullcandy Jib Wireless Earbuds showcases the nuances of their design.
The Jib series, including the Jib Wireless, Jib+ Wireless, and Jib+ Active Wireless, share a similar appearance, flaunting an in-line remote multifunction control. Notably, the Jib+ and Jib+ Active models also come with volume buttons.
To reset these variants, you either need to press the track control buttons together or maintain pressure on the volume buttons.
Reset Instructions for Jib Models:
- With the earbuds activated, press the control button for 3 seconds to power down.
- Hold down the control button for 10 seconds to reset and reactivate the earbuds.
Jib+ and Jib+ Active Wireless:
- When the earbuds are on, hold the + and – buttons until the LED color shifts.
- Press the track control button for 3 seconds to conclude the reset.
If the above steps falter, consider following the Jib Wireless reset instructions: power off and then long-press the control button for a reset.
Resetting Skullcandy Jib True Wireless Earbuds
Delve into the details of the Jib True XT 2 Earbuds, and you’ll discover the resetting process.
The Jib True Wireless earbuds’ control button stands out on the earpiece, with the Skullcandy logo distinctly marked on it.
Reset Procedures for Jib True Wireless Variants:
Jib True and True 2:
- Remove the earbuds from the case.
- Press and hold the control button on both earbuds for 4 seconds.
- Continue pressing the control button for both earbuds for 10 more seconds to finalize the reset. Once done, return them to the charging case.
Jib True XT 2:
- Retrieve both earbuds from the charging case and listen for a voice notification indicating they’re active.
- Double-click the control button on both earbuds.
- Subsequently, press and hold the same button for 2 seconds. The sequence is: press-release-press-release-long hold.
- Wait for a double red flash followed by a double blue flash from the earbuds. A voice cue will confirm the successful reset.
Resetting Skullcandy Mod Earbuds
Get a deeper understanding of the Skullcandy Mod Earbuds and their reset mechanism.
These earbuds exhibit a stylish minimalist design. The control button is integrated into the earpiece, which is crucial for the reset procedure.
Resetting Mod Earbuds:
- Extract both earbuds from their charging case, waiting for an audible alert signaling they’re powered on.
- Press and sustain the control button on both earbuds for 3 seconds. Look out for two consecutive red flashes followed by two blue flashes.
- A voice alert will sound, verifying the successful reset.
Resetting Skullcandy Dime Earbuds
Explore the Skullcandy Dime 2 Earbuds a little closer.
For the Dime series, the control button located on the stem of each earbud is the key.
Resetting Steps for Dime, Dime 2, and Dime XT:
- Extract the earbuds from the case to activate them.
- Double-tap the control button on any earbud, followed by a long press for 2 seconds. To clarify, the sequence is: tap-tap-long press.
Resetting Skullcandy Vinyl Earbuds
Dive deep into the details of the Skullcandy Vinyl Earbuds.
For the Vinyl series, the broad control button on the earpiece is your go-to.
- Retrieve the Vinyl earbuds from their charging case.
- Deactivate them by holding the control button on both earbuds for 4 seconds.
- To reset, hold the control button for 10 seconds. When done, the LEDs will flash blue and then red.
Resetting Skullcandy Spoke Earbuds
Get familiar with the Skullcandy Spoke Earbuds.
Their resemblance to the Vinyl series means the resetting process is also similar.
- Remove the earbuds from their case.
- Hold the control button on each earbud for 4 seconds to deactivate them.
- For a complete reset, press each control button for 10 seconds. The blue and then red LED flashes indicate a successful reset.
Resetting Skullcandy Method Earbuds
Delve into the intricacies of the Skullcandy Method Active Earbuds.
The distinctive feature of the Method earbuds is their in-line remote, which hosts both Volume and track control buttons.
Resetting Steps for Method Active, Method Wireless, and Method ANC:
- With the earbuds active, press both the Volume + and – buttons until you notice two beeps and see LEDs flash blue and red.
- To complete the reset, press the track control button for 4 seconds, turning off the earbuds.
Resetting Skullcandy Vert Wireless Earbuds
Take a detailed look at the Skullcandy Vert Earbuds.
The standout feature of the Vert Wireless earbuds is their distinct dial control.
Resetting Steps for Vert Wireless:
- Turn on the Vert earbuds.
- While pressing the dial’s center button, simultaneously rotate the outer ring clockwise for 3 seconds.
- Watch for the LED on the outer ring to transition from red to blue and, finally, to green. This transition confirms a successful reset and readiness for pairing.
Tips to Prevent Common Earbuds Problems
- Always store your earbuds in their case.
- Avoid exposing them to extreme temperatures.
- Clean them regularly.
- Ensure firmware is up to date.
Are There Any Risks in Resetting?
Generally, resetting is safe. However, frequently resetting might indicate underlying issues and can reduce the lifespan of your earbuds. Always opt for a standard reset before trying a factory reset.
When to Seek Professional Help
If you’ve tried resetting multiple times and still face issues, it might be time to contact Skullcandy’s customer support or visit a professional.
Alternative Solutions to Reset
Sometimes, simple solutions like adjusting the ear tips or cleaning the earbuds can work wonders. Also, consider checking if it’s an issue with the device you’re pairing with.
Resetting your Skullcandy wireless earbuds can breathe new life into them and solve common issues. By following the steps above, you’ll likely get back to jamming out in no time.
Remember, while resetting is a useful tool, if problems persist, seeking expert advice is a wise move.
Resetting your Skullcandy push wireless earbuds is straightforward. Simply press and hold the power/MFD button on both earbuds for a minimum of 10 seconds. This action should reset them and address any underlying issues.
Occasionally, only one earbud might function due to pairing issues. To resolve this, switch off both earbuds. Then, press and hold the button on one earbud for about ten seconds. Place it back in the case and repeat with the other earbud. After letting them rest for a moment, remove them to initiate pairing mode. This procedure should rectify the problem.
First, switch off both earbuds. Next, press and hold their buttons for roughly 10-15 seconds. It’s advisable to wear earbuds during this, so you can hear the audio cue. Afterward, place them in their case and wait a few moments before taking them out. They should power on by themselves, and you’ll hear an audio prompt indicating they’re pairing.
If you’re having difficulty connecting your Skullcandy earbuds even after a successful pairing in the past, go to your device’s Bluetooth settings. From the list of available devices, locate and select your Skullcandy earbuds, then choose to “forget” or “unpair” them. After this, attempt to connect the earbuds once more. This should resolve the connectivity issue.
Only when you face issues that can’t be resolved with simpler fixes.
Yes, you’ll need to re-pair your devices after a factory reset.
A standard reset tries to fix minor glitches, while a factory reset reverts the earbuds to their original settings.
Not directly, but frequently resetting might indicate other issues which can affect battery life.
For most Skullcandy models, the charging case is essential for the reset process.