If you have recently purchased JBL speakers and find connecting them with your iPhone difficult, this article is for you.
In this post, let’s figure out how to connect the JBL speaker to iPhone.
About JBL Bluetooth Speakers
For any music lovers, we know how important it is to have the right speaker. At the same time, we love the sound of our laptops and cell phone speakers. But there’s no real substitute for a quality set of wireless Bluetooth speakers.
The latest launched JBL Bluetooth Speakers are extraordinary. And the JBL speakers can take your tunes to new heights.
However, some steps are involved if you want to use this speaker with your iPhone or iPad. In this guide, we’ll cover everything about how to connect the JBL speaker to iPhone. And also share some troubleshooting tips to fix issues that may arise during the process.
Besides, if you wonder how to link JBL speakers together? Let’s show you exactly how to connect your JBL speakers and sound great in no time.
Prerequisites for Connecting JBL Speakers to iPhone
Before we get started, there are a couple of things you need to make sure of.
Ensure Your iPhone is Updated
Firstly, you should check if your iPhone is running on the latest iOS version. Having the most recent update ensures that all functionalities, including Bluetooth, are working optimally.
Charge Your JBL Speaker
Next, ensure that your JBL speaker is fully charged or connected to a power source. This way, you won’t have to worry about your speaker dying in the middle of the pairing process.
How to Connect JBL Speakers to an iPhone?
- Make sure your JBL speakers are fully charged.
- Turn on the JBL speaker.
- Be sure that your iPhone is within range of the JBL speaker.
- Ensure that both devices have a strong wireless signal. You can ensure that by testing them individually before pairing them together. If either has a weak wireless signal, try moving closer to an available network. Or use wired connections instead.
Here are the steps on how to connect the JBL speaker to the iPhone:
Step 1. Turn ON the JBL Speakers
Let’s begin the first step of how to connect the JBL speaker to the iPhone. To start listening to music and pair your iPhone and JBL, you first have to turn ON the JBL speaker.
You can turn on your JBL speakers by pressing the power button on the top-right corner of the speaker’s body or the remote control. If it doesn’t turn on, check if they are connected to a power source such as a wall socket or computer USB port.
Make sure your iPhone is switched off before starting any connection between them. Connecting them while an iPhone is running is not recommended by JBL engineers as it can cause potential damage to both devices. It may result in lost information stored in your phone memory card (if any).
What to Do if the JBL Speakers Are Not Turning On?
Have you tried turning ON your JBL speaker, but it is not switching? If that’s the case, then do the following:
- Fully charge the JBL speaker. You will have to check if the device is fully charged or not. You will need to charge it first before turning it ON again if it is not charged.
- Check the charging port. The JBL speakers are designed to work with the charging cable that comes with them. So check that you’re using the correct one. If you are using a different cable or charger, ensure it’s compatible with your device and hasn’t been damaged.
- Check the power button. Is your speaker blinking orange or red? You may have accidentally turned off your speaker by pressing its power button for too long. If this happens, press and hold down this button again until it turns white again (about 10 seconds).
- Check the volume buttons and battery cover. If nothing else has helped so far, try pressing both of these at once. They might be loose or broken on your device and need a little extra force before they function again!
If you’ve tried all these steps and your JBL speaker still doesn’t turn ON, it’s time to contact the manufacturer. They should be able to help you with any issues you’ve encountered with your speaker.
And they can replace them if necessary. See our article on how to contact JBL for more information!
Step 2. Press the Bluetooth Button to Make Your JBL Speaker Discoverable
The second step of how to connect the JBL speaker to the iPhone involves pressing and holding the Bluetooth button on your JBL speaker.
This is done to make the speaker discoverable. The Bluetooth button is typically located on the back of the speaker.
But it may be called something different depending on which model you have. It can also be referred to as a power button or pairing switch.
So if you’re having trouble finding it, search online for more specific instructions for your particular model of JBL device.
Once your JBL speaker is discoverable, open the Bluetooth menu on your phone and select it from the list. And enter a passcode if your JBL device requires one. But it varies depending on the model and manufacturer.
Step 3. Turn On the Bluetooth on Your iPhone
The third step of how to connect the JBL speaker to the iPhone involves turning on the Bluetooth on your iPhone.
To turn on Bluetooth on your iPhone, go to Settings > Bluetooth. Make sure that the icon next to it says “On.” If it doesn’t say “On,” turn it on by tapping the toggle switch.
Some Valuable Tips to Avoid Bluetooth Pairing Issues
People sometimes face Bluetooth pairing issues, which cannot be very pleasant. So, if you are facing the same too, then follow the below-mentioned troubleshooting tips:
- Make sure that you are in the same room as your speaker. If you’re too far away, the pairing process will not be successful.
- Check that your iPhone is not too far from your speaker. Generally, when using a JBL app with one of our wireless speakers, you should be within 10 meters of the device. This is necessary to get optimal results. However, this may vary depending on whether walls or other obstructions are between them.
- Ensure that you have the latest version of the JBL app installed on both devices (iOS and Android). And that they can connect via Bluetooth.
- If you’re still having trouble, try restarting both devices. And start the pairing process again. You may also want to check for updates in the JBL app or on your iPhone or Android device.
Step 4. Search and Click on Your Speaker’s Name to Connect It to Your iPhone.
The fourth step of connecting the JBL speaker to the iPhone is to search and click on your speaker’s name. Your iPhone will start searching for Bluetooth devices nearby.
And once it finds them, it will display a list of all the available devices to connect to. Once you’ve found your speaker, click on its name to connect it to your iPhone.
Step 5. Once Connected, Two Devices Will Automatically Get Paired
Congratulations! You have successfully implemented all the steps of how to connect the JBL speaker to the iPhone. And you can now connect the speakers to your iPhone and start listening to music.
You will now be able to control the volume, song selection, and much more using the buttons on the speaker itself. You can also use Siri from your iPhone to change songs, adjust the volume, and more.
If you want to use the speaker as a hands-free device, you can connect it to your car using the aux cable or Bluetooth. The Bluetooth option is the best. This allows you to answer incoming calls without touching your iPhone.
Why Aren’t My JBL Speakers Connecting to My iPhone?
There are a few reasons your JBL speakers aren’t connecting to your iPhone. But no matter what, here are some troubleshooting tips to fix the issue:
- Make sure that your speaker is turned on and not in sleep mode.
- Ensure Bluetooth is enabled on your phone. And select it as an active audio source from within the Settings menu.
- If you have multiple JBL Connect + enabled speakers, go into each one of the speakers. And make sure they are discoverable (i.e., they will appear as a device when scanned). To do so, please open up the Settings app on your phone and look under “Bluetooth & Other Options.”
- Then select “Set up New Device” followed by “JBL Connect+” (or whichever model of speaker you’re trying to pair). This will initiate discovery mode for any nearby speakers.
- If you’re still having problems, try restarting your phone. And unplug the speaker from power for a few minutes before trying to pair it again. This usually fixes the problem for most people.
How to Disconnect JBL Speakers from iPhone?
You have learned how to connect the JBL speaker to iPhone. But do you know how to disconnect JBL speakers from the iPhone? If not, then you will know now.
From your iOS device: Open Bluetooth settings on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Tap the name of the device that you want to disconnect (for example, JBL Charge 3).
This will expand your options for that device in the list of paired devices. Tap “Forget Devices” at the bottom of this list if needed. This is useful if you want to reconnect your speaker after it has been disconnected.
Confirm that you want to forget all remembered devices by tapping “Forget All Devices” in the step mentioned above (if prompted). And then choose No when prompted about whether specific devices should be remembered.
1. Can I connect multiple JBL speakers to my iPhone?
Yes, JBL allows you to connect multiple speakers using the JBL Connect app.
2. Why isn’t my JBL speaker showing up on my iPhone’s Bluetooth list?
Make sure your speaker is in pairing mode, and it’s within the Bluetooth range of your iPhone. Also, try resetting the Bluetooth settings on both devices.
3. Can I connect my JBL speaker to other devices besides an iPhone?
Absolutely! JBL speakers can connect to any device that supports Bluetooth, including Android smartphones, tablets, and laptops.
4. How do I know if my JBL speaker is fully charged?
Most JBL speakers have a light indicator that shows the battery status. When fully charged, the light usually turns off or changes color.
5. How long does the battery of a JBL speaker typically last?
Battery life depends on the model and usage, but most JBL speakers offer between 10-20 hours of playtime.
That’s it for the article on how to connect the JBL speaker to iPhone! You can now successfully connect your JBL speaker to your iPhone using the cable provided with the speaker.
First, plug the 3.5mm stereo cable into the audio input jack on your JBL speaker. The other end of this cable should be plugged into the aux or headphone port on your iPhone.
Once connected, you will hear music from your iPhone through this JBL speaker system without any issues!