When another Snapchat user removes you or sets his/her profile as public, you will see the Subscribe button instead of the ‘Add Friends‘ button. While there is an option to set your profile to Public, this option is only available to a handful of users.
However, once your profile does become public, you will get the Subscribe button. However, the question remains – how to get subscribers on Snapchat & how to get subscriptions on Snapchat? The steps and the requirements are very easy to fulfill.
In most cases, you will need a minimum of 5,000 Snapchat followers to get the Subscribe button on your profile. Additionally, your posts also need to have 25,000 reaches.
Here, we will talk about how to make a subscription to Snapchat. We will also discuss various other issues and requirements so that you can learn how to get a subscription on Snapchat.
Why Do You Require the Subscribe Button in Place of Add Friends?
In a recent update, Snapchat has decided to add a dedicated subscription button so that its users can connect with a larger group of people where they can share their stories, videos, and photos.
When you look at other profiles, you will see the Subscribe button instead of the regular ‘Add Friends‘ button when you add those profiles to your friends/followers list.
You also have the choice to display the number of subscribers (at least 5,000) on your Snapchat profile. To learn how to get subscribers on Snapchat, you simply need to follow a few basic steps.
However, let us first learn why a Subscribe button is better than the Add Friends button, which includes:
- When a Snapchat friend removes you from their friend list for any possible reason
- When other Snapchat users accept your friend request but remove you from their friend list later; hence, you may see the Subscribe button on their profiles; however, this is a very cheap trick to increase the number of followers.
- Another reason is that you have decided to make your profile into a public account; once your profile becomes public, you will be able to display the Subscribe button, and other users will have the option to follow your profile by subscribing to it.
Requirements to Get the Subscribers to Your Snapchat Profile
As mentioned above, the latest Snapchat update has introduced the Subscription option to its users. And why not? Creators now have the chance to connect with a lot more people than before.
You now have the option to collaborate with various other marketers and content creators. Your popularity will depend on the number of followers – the high the number of followers, the more popular you will be.
One of the first steps to learning how to get a subscription on Snapchat (How to Get Subscribers on Snapchat) is understanding the requirements you will have to fulfill.
For instance, you will have to set all your privacy settings like Notifications and Contact Me to Everyone. This will set your profile as public.
Some other requirements that you need to fulfill to get the Subscribe button on your profile include the following:
- A minimum count of between 400 and 1,000 followers on Snapchat
- A profile that is more than two months old
- A minimum of a single friend to whom you have sent a friend request or accepted a friend request
How Can You Get a Subscribe Button on Your Snapchat Profile?
Once you meet all these requirements, you can resume working on getting the Subscribe button on your Snapchat profile. Of course, the first step would include creating a Snapchat profile in the first place.
Once done, you just have to follow the rest of the steps as mentioned below:
- Open the Snapchat application; head to the top-left corner of your screen, and tap on the Profile icon.
- Next, you need to click on the Settings icon in your profile’s top-right corner.
- Keep scrolling downwards until you find the Privacy settings.
- You can change all your settings to publicize your Snapchat account.
- Next, return to your Profile page and tap on the Add to Snap Map.
- Here, you will click on the option ‘Create Public Profile.’
- Lastly, you will have to provide some options and edit your profile accordingly. You also have the option to preview the changes before you can finalize them into a Public Profile.
All you need to do is follow the abovementioned steps to get the Subscribe button. However, you will first have to be eligible to get the Subscribe button in the first place.
Once you get it, the Subscribe button will only be available to people not on your friend list.
Can You Send a Message to a Snapchat Profile You Are Subscribed To?
The answer to this question is both yes and no. You can send a message to anyone who is not subscribed to your Snapchat profile. However, the message will be ‘pending‘ to the receiver and will only be delivered once you have subscribed to their account.
On the other hand, the message will only be shown as ‘pending‘ if you have not been subscribed to the Snapchat profile of the person to whom you want to send the message.
Reasons Why You May Not Get the Subscribers Option on Snapchat
There are certain reasons why you will be unable to get the Subscribe button on your Snapchat profile; some of these reasons include the following:
- You will not get the Subscribe button if you are not over the age of 18 years
- You will require at least a single bidirectional friend on Snapchat to get the Subscribe button
- If you created your Snapchat account less than 24 hours ago, you will not get the Subscribe button on your Snapchat profile.
Besides, here are the best Snapchat tracker tools to learn about Snapchat cheating.
How Can You Become a Snapchat Content Creator?
Another important way to remember why you need to learn how to get subscribers on Snapchat is to become a Snapchat content creator. As you can see on Snapchat, there are not a lot of profiles that have the Subscribe button.
To get it, you will have to follow a lot of rules. To become a Snapchat content creator, you have two ways to do so:
1. Start Creating Original Snapchat Lenses to Get Subscribers on Snapchat
One of the best ways to become a Snapchat content creator is to start creating original Snapchat lenses. The Snapchat team is always looking for people who can create unique lenses.
All you need to do is head to Lens Studio and get creative. From here on, you can start your journey by getting the Subscribe button on your Snapchat profile.
2. Keep Sharing Content on Your Snapchat Profile Consistently to Get Subscribers on Snapchat
Another option to help you become a great Snapchat content creator is to keep creating and sharing content with your friends; as soon as you become a creator, you will get the Subscribe button on your Snapchat profile.
Ensure that the content you share is engaging and fresh. If you keep doing so, Snapchat will start recognizing your profile as a content creator and reward you with the Subscribe button.
However, you should also know that this process will take some time. Hence, it is recommended that you keep delivering high-quality content very often. You should also use as many tools as Snapchat has to offer.
Make sure that you use all available Lenses and filters on Snapchat so that you can share the content with your friends. These are just some ways to learn how to get subscribers on Snapchat.
How to Get a Verified Tick on Your Snapchat Profile?
On any social media platform like Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, etc., getting a Verified mark is considered quite a big deal, particularly if you want to build a career on social media or are trying to create a brand.
Like Instagram and YouTube, you can also get verified profiles on Snapchat. Most celebrities have verified profiles, so the followers know that their accounts are genuine and belong to real people. Getting the verification done is the last step of getting the Subscribe button on your Snapchat profile.
You will receive an email regarding making your Snapchat profile verified and official once your posts start getting roughly 50,000 views. However, you will also have to maintain the growth of your page.
Additionally, it is recommended that you provide identity proof so that Snapchat can create your profile into an official Snapchat account. This is the way that can help you learn how to make a subscription on Snapchat and how to get subscribers on Snapchat.