Learning how to log out of Snapchat properly is useful, specifically if you want to avoid addiction.
Using Snapchat for a very long time can be a waste of time, and it can reduce your productivity. So, signing out of your Snapchat account once in a while is necessary.
That said, let’s go ahead and learn how to get it done.
Part 1. How to Log Out of Snapchat Simply?
Now, let’s get to the main point; how to sign out of Snapchat? Mentioned below are those steps you can follow.
- First, you should open any web browser on your device and visit “accounts.snapchat.com“.
- After that, you should go to the option called “show more options“.
- Then, you can see an option called “Log Out“. Just click on it.
Do you want to get rid of applications like Snapchat, Facebook, TikTok, or Instagram? If so, you’ll need the assistance of specialized apps that break the addiction to social media.
It’s a good idea to understand ‘how do you log out of Snapchat’ before you delete your account desperately.
You’ll be able to set a time limit and monitor how you’re using Snapchat using this information.
PS: if you wonder how to get a Snapchat streak back, this guide is just for you.
Part 2. How Do You Log Out of Snapchat On PC?
In the previous section, we explained how to sign out of Snapchat from a mobile device.
In this section, we explain how to log out of Snapchat on your computer. Although Snapchat is mainly a mobile-based platform, some individuals tend to use it on computers as well.
Knowing how to sign out of Snapchat is a safety measure. In fact, it can assist you in safeguarding both your sensitive private data and your login credentials.
Do you usually log in to your Snapchat account using a shared computer (even at home)?
If so, it is mandatory to sign out before getting out of that PC. If not, the user that uses the PC after you can acquire your credentials.
Besides, let’s figure out how to get subscribers on Snapchat.
How to Sign Out Of Snapchat on Computer?
So, let’s go ahead & learn how to sign out of Snapchat on your PC.
01. First, you should open any web browser of your preference. Once you have done that, you should enter the following address in that browser’s address bar.
You can then hit the Enter key to proceed.
02. After that, you should tap on the icon that displays more options related to your Snapchat account. You can find that icon at the top-right corner of the window.
03. Now, you will be able to see a popup menu in the top part of the window. You will be able to find the option called “Logout” in the form of a button. Now, you can click on it, so you are easily logged out. Just visit Snapchat once again to make sure you’re properly logged out.
Part 3. How to Log Out of Snapchat on Your iPhone or Android?
Logging out of your Snapchat account is a vital aspect due to various reasons. Assume that you want to log in to a different Snapchat account on the same mobile device. In that case, logging out from the previous account is mandatory.
It’s also possible to have two Snapchat accounts on the same phone. To log off any Snapchat profile on your devices, simply follow the procedures outlined below.
How Do You Log Out Of Snapchat on Cell Phone?
We’ll go over the actions you need to log out of Snapchat on any iOS or Android device. You can now learn the way of logging out of your Snapchat on an Android or iOS device.
01. First, open Snapchat on a mobile device, be it an Android tablet, phone, iPad, or iPhone.
02. The home page of the Snapchat account will open. Just take a look at the Snapchat profile located on the top part of the window (left-hand side). Tap on it so you will be navigated to the Profile section.
03. Now, under the tab labeled “Profile“, you can see an option called “Settings“. It is found in the top-right corner. Tap on it so you can see more options.
04. Now, in this section, you will be able to find several other options for tweaking. You can use these options to change some details related to your Snapchat account. For instance, it lets you change your Date of Birth, Username, and even the contact number.
Now, you can scroll down and find the option called “Account Actions“. You will be able to see a button called “Log Out“. It is located towards the bottom of the options.
You can tap on that option. You will be logged out of your Snapchat account successfully.
05. On your smartphone, you’ll see a notice appear when you first try to sign out of Snapchat. The Memories section urges you to save any of the snaps you’ve taken in case you lose them. This is a very handy feature to avoid losing any important snaps.
Prevent losing your snaps by backing them up before you log out using the option called “Back Up Now“.
Important: If you don’t take this step, you could lose all of your photos forever. Only the images stored on your phone’s camera roll are accessible from the phone’s memory. Alternatively, you can choose the option called “Continue Anyway“.
06. When you log in, you’ll get an additional popup asking if you intend to retain your login information.
- If you go with that message, you don’t have to enter credentials to access your Snapchat profile.
- If you don’t want to have to fill in the Snapchat credentials every time you log in, select Yes.
- If you intend to remove your device and so delete your Snapchat account, choose No.
07. You will receive a final confirmation message requesting your permission to log out after making your final decision. You’ll be sent to your Snapchat login page if you select Yes.
Part 4. Best App Time Tracker – Social Fever
It’s true that you may amuse yourself with Snapchat by dressing up as various cartoon characters and snapping images.
However, the time you spend on this specific app can be exceptionally long without your knowledge.
Our lives have been taken over by excessive social media usage. And it must be stopped as quickly as possible.
There are some apps on the market that might assist people in overcoming their addiction to smartphones.
What Can Social Fever Help?
When it comes to Android, users can use a tool like Social Fever to avoid social media addiction.
- Users may set time limits for how much time they spend on their screens with this tool.
- It also tracks the usage of individual apps.
- Not only that, but the app provides continual reminders to remain hydrated and avoid using earbuds.
- It works according to a predetermined time frame.
- In addition to that, Social Fever encourages its users to schedule and keep track of Quality Time.
- That means the time the users spend with loved ones and participate in hobbies they have neglected.
In fact, Social Fever is a relatively novel approach to disengaging from the tiresome digital world.
This feature helps you live in the real world for a while. So, if you want to take breaks from the virtual world, you may use an app like Social Fever.
Checking social media notifications throughout the day can reduce your productivity. Instead, you can have a fixed time to check your Snapchat account (say, one hour in the evening). After that, you can log out of the account so you will have minimal distractions.
In addition to that, it is always better to take frequent breaks from your social media activities. When you keep logged in to your Snapchat account, you will see notifications constantly. That will force you to check those notifications.
And, without your knowledge, you will get addicted to social media usage. That’s exactly why we suggest you log out of your social media (including Snapchat) for a specific period.
Well, those are the methods you can use if you wonder how do you log out of Snapchat. When it comes to computers, in particular, individuals tend to share them at least once in a while. So, your credentials can go into someone else’s hands.
So, it must be a habit to log out of your social media accounts, including Snapchat, after every session.
What other methods do you suggest to minimize social media addiction? Please let us know. We love to know your opinion.