Do you want to know how to block someone on PayPal?
Or do you want to know how to unblock someone on PayPal because you have already blocked them?
In fact, this article answers those questions in a detailed manner for your information.
You already know that PayPal is an extremely popular application for sending and receiving money globally. In general, it functions smoothly and makes transactions flawless.
In some cases, some users wonder how to block someone on PayPal or how to unblock someone on PayPal. If you have one of those questions, mentioned below are the instructions.
Besides, if you wonder how to avoid Paypal chargebacks that might be affecting your business financially, here are ten ways you can implement to avoid the same.
Different Types of PayPal Accounts
PayPal is a reliable online platform for conducting financial transactions all around the world. A platform for doing transactions involving money between unknown parties that is exceedingly dependable.
It’s possible that you might find yourself in a situation where you no longer wish to receive/transfer money.
There can be many reasons for it. Regardless of the reason, learning how to block someone on PayPal can be handy. PayPal gives you the option to choose between two different account types depending on your preferences.
Also, do you want to know how to use Venmo balance to pay? This article explains the practical way of getting it done so you can give it a try.
● PayPal Personal Account
- This type of account is used mainly to send money to users’ family members and friends.
- You can use these accounts to send money in the form of a gift.
- A personal PayPal account can be used to purchase goods or services online.
- You can receive money through a PayPal personal account for the goods or services you sell online.
● PayPal Business Account
- You can send and receive money through a business account under a specific company name.
- Clients can send payments to a business account through a bank transfer, debit card, or credit card.
- It is always possible to create different email addresses to address service issues related to customers.
- Comprises a comprehensive merchant service.
In addition, if you wonder how to add PayPal to Apple Pay, here is the completed process to add PayPal to the Apple Wallet ID payment option you can follow up on.
PayPal is Safe and Secure
Because of the ease with which data can now be accessed, clients are better educated than ever before. As a consequence, they do place a high value on data security and privacy.
To make future online purchases using PayPal, you’ll need to add your own bank details. Those details will be well protected by PayPal.
Using PayPal’s centralized system, you don’t have to be concerned about cybersecurity. And its encryption protects all of your personal and financial information. Your client’s personal information is safe from hacking and other assaults because of this.
Using PayPal adds an extra layer of protection because of the built-in fraud prevention mechanisms. Payments made through PayPal are guaranteed to be returned to buyers if they are fraudulent. Increased sales can be accomplished by combining PayPal as a payment option.
Part 1: How to Block Someone on PayPal?
In this part of our article, let’s learn how to block someone on PayPal.
- After logging into the PayPal account, you own, select the option called “Send and request.” It is located on the dropdown menu and then navigates to the “Contacts” section.
- Simply right-click on the contact’s profile and choose the option to block them. Click the “Block user” button within the verification alert popup if you are certain about your action. You should do it if you intend to block the respective individual.
- Select the tab labeled $ (payments) on your mobile device, and then select Pay. Tap the icon “All contacts,” and then tap three dots. You can find that icon next to the person’s name (the contact you wish to block). After that, tap the option that says Block (person’s name). Tap Block once more to confirm your selection.
So, that’s how to block someone on PayPal.
Part 2: How to Unblock Someone on PayPal?
Please find below steps to follow if you wonder how to unblock someone on PayPal. In fact, we explain how to do it through your website as well as the app.
Unblocking Someone Using the PayPal Website
Mentioned below is how to unblock a user through the PayPal website.
- First, please visit the official site of PayPal. You can locate it by entering www.paypal.com in a web browser on your PC or smartphone. After that, you should sign in using the credentials.
- Now, click on the option called “Send & Request.” You can do it after logging in to your PayPal account. Then, you should navigate to the option called “Contacts.”
- Now, you can go to the option “View Blocked Contacts.” You can find this option by clicking on the dropdown.
- You can then tap on the option called “Unblock.” In fact, you should first go to the contact that has been blocked already. Then, please click on the option called “Unblock.” Be sure to confirm your action. The respective contact will be unblocked now. After that, you can proceed with the transactions on your PayPal account as you would normally do.
And that’s how to unblock someone on PayPal using the website.
Unblocking Someone Using PayPal’s Mobile App
If you usually use PayPal’s mobile app, here’s how to use it to unblock a contact.
- The obvious first step is to open PayPal app on your device to proceed. You should then proceed to enter the credentials and log in to see the main screen.
- In the second step, you should navigate to a proper mode of payment. Select Payments from the existing dropdown menu. Click on “Pay” to proceed.
- Once you have clicked on Pay, you should reach “Contacts.” You will then be able to find an option and see the contacts that are already blocked.
- Now, click on the option called “View Blocked Contacts.” After that, you can select the person that should be unblocked.
- After that, you can go ahead and find the option “Unblock.” Then, you can complete the process. And that is exactly how to unblock someone on PayPal using your mobile app. Once you have done that, you can continue with the transactions to or from that person.
Frequently Asked Questions
Let’s take a look at some of the most frequently asked questions about this matter. These questions and answers will make things clearer for you.
Q1: Can I block someone on PayPal without them knowing?
A1: Yes, when you block someone on PayPal, they will not receive a notification or alert informing them of the block.
Q2: Can I still receive payments from someone I’ve blocked on PayPal?
A2: No, when you block someone on PayPal, it also restricts their ability to send you payments.
Q3: Can I unblock someone on PayPal if I change my mind?
A3: Yes, you can unblock someone on PayPal at any time by following the steps outlined in this article.
A4: To prevent unauthorized access, make sure to use a strong password, enable two-factor authentication, and regularly monitor your account for any suspicious activity.
Q5: Can a blocked user see my transaction history on PayPal?
A5: No, when you block someone on PayPal, they lose access to your transaction history and other account details.
So, that’s basically how to block someone on PayPal. Do you have any other questions related to this matter? Please let us know.