Are you looking for ways to export WhatsApp Chat to PDF because you want to access them on any device easily?
Well, it’s a valid search. WhatsApp is one of the most widely used chat platforms. It is very popular not only among regular users but also with businesses.
When you wouldn’t have access to your mobile phone, you may want to read through an important WhatsApp chat. This can be possible only if you have saved it in a PDF format that can be accessed on your PC.
In this article, we will be telling you how to save WhatsApp chats in PDF format.
Three Methods to Export WhatsApp Chat to PDF
You don’t have to go through a series of steps to be able to save chats in PDF. The methods given below are very simple and highly effective. These will work for both Android as well as iOS devices.
This solution is exclusively for the ones with an iPhone. However, it is highly recommended that you want to save your WhatsApp conversations in the form of a text file at another location.
It will enable to transfer your entire WhatsApp data to .html, .xls, or .csv file.
The best thing about Tenorshare iCareFone Transfer is that the tool enables selective backup and data restoration. This helps in saving time. You can also insert the WhatsApp data in between files.
This tool is compatible with several iOS versions, so you don’t have to worry about transferring your data from an old to a new iPhone.
We recommend saving the files in the .html format because you can access all the different kinds of files attached to the chat.
For example, the videos can be seen on the device through the browser. We will also tell you the way you can save these .html files in PDF format if you wish to.
Let’s See How to Do It.
1. You will need to download the software Tenorshare iCareFone Transfer to export WhatsApp Chat to PDF. Install it on your computer. Now connect your phone to the computer through a data cable.
2. Click open the software. Now tap on the option View & Restore from the left window pane.
3. Click “View” to select WhatsApp chats to export.
4. Click the “Messages” icon on the left, and all the messages will be listed. Select the messages you want to save, and click “Export to computer.”
After that, you can choose the format and also save the location. You can choose the HTML format to view the files in your web browser or the PDF format to convert them.
If you wish to convert the HTML file to PDF, download any HTML to PDF converter tool online. From there, you can download the file in PDF.
Besides, get to know how to hack a WhatsApp account effortlessly.
2. Email for Android and iOS
This solution will be very useful if you export WhatsApp Chat to PDF with a single contact.
The good thing is that you won’t need any third-party tool to do this (except Microsoft Word or WPS office for saving the file). This method will work just fine on both Android as well as iOS phones.
Let Us Tell You How to Do This.
1. Open the WhatsApp chat you want to convert into PDF format. Now click on the Vertical ellipsis. Tap on “more” and then click on “Export Chat.”
2. When the email application opens, write down your email to send the file to yourself. The WhatsApp conversation will be attached in the form of a .txt file.
3. Now open your email and download that file. Press CTRL and A together to open the file, selecting all the content.
Now copy and paste the selected content on a word processor and then choose to save the file as PDF ( select the PDF option in the Format tab).
3. Export WhatsApp Chat to PDF via File Manager for Android
Working through this method to export WhatsApp Chat to PDF will need you to have the File Manager app installed on the device.
Many new devices have a file manager pre-installed with the name “Files” or else. You can easily download it from the Google Play Store if you don’t have it in-built.
You also have to check if you have WhatsApp Viewer on your computer to be able to open the retrieved chat file.
Let’s Go Through the Steps.
1. Open the File Explorer app on your device. Go to the internal storage option and select the WhatsApp folder. In this folder, select the Database folder.
Open it, and you will find a file with the name “msgstore.db.crypt12“. You have to copy this file to the other location.
Note: The file mentioned above can have a different ending. Don’t worry; the method will work even then.
2. Now, transfer this file to your computer. You will have to first connect your phone to the computer through a USB cable or another method like OneDrive.
You must also transfer the primary file from your phone to decrypt that database file. You will find that key file by entering data> data> com.WhatsApp> files> key.
3. Download the WhatsApp Viewer software. Extract that to the location you choose. Now open the .exe format file in this folder.
Under the File option, click Open and then choose Select file. Navigate down to the file named msgstore.db and click on it. Do not fill anything in the “account name” box and click Continue.
4. Find the chat you wish to convert and export it as a text file. Now you can convert the export WhatsApp Chat to PDF, either with the email method or by using any other conversion tool available.
This solution is compatible only with Android devices and works best for large files. For example, you can export the images, which are otherwise stored as thumbnails in msgstore.db file.
The best and simplest way to read WhatsApp chats on a different device than your phone is to export WhatsApp Chat to PDF.
However, another way will help you transfer the WhatsApp messages from your device to some other where they can be read.
Doing this can be made possible with the help of the Tenorshare iCareFone Transfer software for WhatsApp.
You can transfer the data between two operating systems, i.e., iOS and Android; you can also perform WhatsApp backup and restore with its help.
Besides a safe file transfer, it also has other great features that allow you to do much more.
- Creating a local backup – This software helps you create a local backup of the WhatsApp data on your computer. It’s a good option since you can easily access this data anytime. This also increases the safety of your data, as someone with access to your device will only be able to see it. Also, the data will be stored under the computer’s storage, and you won’t have to worry any longer about buying cloud storage.
- Restoring the data – Along with creating a backup, the tool also helps you to restore the WhatsApp data on any other device, be it new or old, Android or iOS.
- Storing backups separately – This very helpful feature lets you store the backups separately when required. Hence it prevents the backups from being overwritten. You can easily pick up a backup and restore data from it.
So now that you know these simple methods, which will help you export WhatsApp Chat to PDF, you don’t have to worry about the device you are using.
Tenorshare iCareFone Transfer will prove to be a very helpful tool if you struggle with the difficulties of an iOS device. Just pick the method of your choice and get going!