Anyone who is even barely acquainted with the internet has heard about Amazon. It has established itself as a massive e-commerce platform worldwide, bringing thousands of brands to millions of customers.
Now, coming to the interface of Amazon- while it is known for its streamlined operations, there are a few things on the website or app of Amazon that takes a little time to figure out. One such section is the Archived orders section.
Hence, we will tell you how to view your Amazon archived orders.
Before we get into how to view archived orders, let us briefly go over what it is:
What Are Archived Orders on Amazon?
Whenever you purchase from Amazon.com, the purchase gets saved on your account history. This is beneficial in several ways – it helps you to find out your previous purchases, it helps you to easily find out a product that you want you to repurchase, and it can also serve as an inventory of your spending on the app.
Although you cannot delete your order or purchase history on the platform, there is something you can do which is to archive it. Archiving helps you to hide the products for privacy or some other reason.
But you have to remember that the orders are still linked to your account, which means Amazon still has information on what was bought on its platform.
Maybe you had previously archived your purchase history, and now you are looking to un-archive it so that you can repurchase something. If that is the case, this article has got you covered.
Amazon’s interface can make it confusing for buyers to figure out certain functions, including archived orders.
Still, thankfully, there is something you can do, and that is why in this article, we will discuss how to view Amazon archived orders. Keep reading!
Amazon Archived Orders are a Set of Orders You Have Temporarily Hidden from the Amazon Account You Are Using.
They don’t get deleted, but they simply get hidden. Every purchase on Amazon.com gets saved by default, and if you wish to archive them, you have to do so manually.
Archiving orders can serve a lot of benefits. Perhaps you have bought a special gift for your special someone, but they share the Amazon account you use. You certainly cannot tell them what you bought for them, which is why you must hide your Amazon orders.
In other cases, you just want to remove your purchase history because you don’t want it to be seen by anyone else. For situations like these, the archiving tool comes in handy.
Again, you have to understand this isn’t a permanent solution to removing your order history from the app, but it just gets pushed into the back of the system. You can unarchive it anytime you want, so there’s no need to worry.
How to Hide Amazon Orders
The feature of Amazon Archived orders has benefited multiple customers in hiding their orders for many reasons. But it certainly isn’t the only way to hide your orders.
There are a couple of other ways; however, archiving is the easiest out of the bunch and also ensures that your data doesn’t get lost.
Hence, the following section will demonstrate how you can archive your orders on Amazon.com. You must already have an account on the platform. So, log into the account first and then navigate to the homepage.
Follow the Steps Below to Archive a Previous Order:
- Log in to your Amazon account.
- On the top right-hand side, choose Returns & Orders.
- Go over your purchases until you locate one you want to hide.
- Then, beside the purchase in question, choose Order Details.
- Hit the Archive Order button.
- Complete your order by selecting Archive Order once again.
Amazon archived orders are one of the easiest ways to push an order into the back system without much hassle.
Apart from archiving, one can also permanently delete their Amazon account, which will result in the termination of their profile and, consequently, the deletion of their purchases on the platform.
However, if you simply wish to hide your orders for the possible reasons listed above, archiving works best.
Also, let’s figure out how to fix your Amazon account temporarily on hold error.
How to Locate Your Amazon Archived Orders
As already mentioned, the archived orders don’t get deleted and simply get hidden. Hence, you don’t have to worry about losing them. You can still locate your amazon archived orders by implementing the below steps.
There are two methods that you can use to find your archived orders.
To view the archived orders, follow these steps:
- Enter your Amazon username and password.
- Hover your mouse on the Accounts & Lists menu in the upper right corner.
- From the pull-down box, click Your Account.
- Under the Ordering and shopping preferences tab, select Archived orders.
To return your purchase to the usual orders page, select ‘Unarchive Order’ on the bottom left-hand side.
And no requirement to verify this; when you select the choice, your purchase will be returned to its proper location on the orders page.
- Navigate to your browser and log in to your Amazon account.
- Hover your mouse on the Accounts & Lists menu in the upper right corner.
- From the pull-down box, click Your Orders.
- Once you go to the Your Orders page, you will see a section with the number of orders you have placed. For instance, “2 orders placed in”. Besides that section, you will notice a timeline in the form of a pull-down menu.
- Click on the timeline, and you will come across the “Archive Orders” option. Select it, and it will redirect you to the page.
What are all the steps to finding your Amazon archived orders? Do note that if you didn’t archive any orders in the past, the page would come empty, or no option would be shown.
How to Hide Your Amazon Search History
All the steps and methods demonstrated above will help you how to archive or unarchive your Amazon orders as you wish. However, these processes only hide your orders and not your search history.
Just like your Amazon orders can create privacy concerns if you share the account with someone else, your search history can cause reasons for concern equally.
For instance, you wish to buy your partner a special gift soon. Now you may have archived that order hoping they wouldn’t find out about it and you would be able to keep it a surprise.
Yet, if you have cleared your search history, it can easily give away the fact that you looked for that product on Amazon. You certainly don’t want that to happen. Hence, knowing how to hide your Amazon search history is safe.
It is important to mention that since your purchase history is much different than your search history, cleaning both is quite different. There’s a major difference between the two. When you archive an order, you just hide it.
However, when you clean your search history, you permanently delete it. Hence, keep this in mind if you need to refer back to your search history.
Steps to Remove Amazon Search History:
To remove your Amazon search history, sign in to the account you are using with someone else and click the ‘Browsing History’ option at the top-right corner of the Amazon website.
If you cannot find this page, use Ctrl + F, then enter ‘browsing history to find the keyword on the webpage.
Once you select this choice, you will be presented with a listing of search results. The menu choices may not show until you select ‘Manage History’ on the right side. For each thing, you would like to delete from the browsing history, choose ‘Remove from view.’
What If There’s No Archive Option on Amazon?
Many customers have claimed that there is no Archive Order option to be found. If you have the same issue, below are a couple of possible explanations.
If you do not locate the Archive Order option, try logging in with a new device or internet browser. Many smartphone users have this problem, whereas others do not. Some people experience this difficulty on the PC while using particular browsers, whereas others do not.
Another solution is to type in archived orders on the search bar, which should redirect you to the page once you click on the result.
You should further take into consideration that you can simply archive 500 purchases at a time. Therefore, if you have been a frequent Amazon customer in recent years, you might need to contact customer service to inquire about erasing any of your earlier archived orders.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I access my archived orders on Amazon from any device?
- Yes, you can access your archived orders from any device with an internet connection, including desktop computers, laptops, smartphones, and tablets.
- Are all orders automatically archived on Amazon?
- No, only orders that are no longer recent or pending are automatically archived. You can choose to manually archive orders if needed.
- Can I restore multiple archived orders at once?
- Yes, you can restore multiple archived orders by selecting them and using the appropriate restore option.
- Is there a limit to the number of orders I can archive on Amazon?
- Amazon does not impose a specific limit on the number of orders you can archive. However, very old orders may eventually be removed from your account.
- Can I still track the delivery of an archived order?
- Yes, you can still track the delivery status of an archived order using the tracking information available in the order details.
Usually, archiving your purchases is an important strategy to conceal orders from anyone who has entry to the Amazon account you use.
Nevertheless, it is vital to remember that Amazon archived orders are still available, and they might find them using the same methods listed here.
Based on whatever you are purchasing, you must always make a separate account to keep your information private.
However, if you want to preserve the perks, you must renew your Prime membership. The easiest approach to keep this data hidden is to remove anyone from your Prime membership who you do not wish to be able to see your orders.