Are you struggling with the 0x000000d1 error on your computer? Now, this error could occur when you are doing vital work on your computer.
Also, it can happen when you install or update drivers. When this error occurs, your computer screen turns blue and shows the error code ‘0x000000d1’. Now, imagine how frustrating this could be!
So, read this article if you are struggling with the same issue. Here, you will find various reasons for this issue and learn other details to understand this error better. Not just that, but also find different solutions to resolve the 0x000000d1 error here.
Sometimes, users even lose data due to the system crash that happened because of this issue. No worries, learn about a way to recover your lost data effectively.
Now, let’s see how you can fix this bluescreen issue differently.
Part 1: Introduction to the 0x000000d1 Error
Also known as Bluescreen of Death, the 0x000000d1 error is a driver-related problem. This issue is even called STOP: 0x000000d1.
Users deal with this issue when some files become corrupted. As a result, the screen of your computer turns blue while displaying the 0x000000d1 error code.
This kind of issue can occur on all Windows versions. Sometimes, it happens throughout the Windows startup procedure as well. Thus, your system becomes inaccessible.
In all probability, it occurs when the newly installed software or driver begins behaving abruptly. So, this error reflects that your Windows program may shut down or suddenly crash.
This issue makes it quite difficult for you to work on your computer. Hence, you have to go through a lot of trouble. Thus, it is kind of obvious that you will search around to find the possible reasons why this happens.
Read the following section to learn about the potential reasons why the 0x000000d1 error occurs on your system.
PS: if you face issues like 0x80070652 Windows Error, here are the top solutions for you.
Part 2: Reasons Why the 0x000000d1 Issue Occurs
Sometimes, coming across an error code like 0x000000d1 become unprecedented. Before you consider rectifying this problem, it always helps to learn about its causes.
Now, read below the different reasons why this error code displays on your system screen.
- Installing corrupted drivers
- Not installing the drivers properly
- Also, antivirus or security sometimes causes this issue
- Due to issues related to system services
- Incompatible backup tools when upgrading the system
So, do you know what causes this bluescreen issue on your system now? It is time to learn about different solutions to get rid of this annoying error code.
So, in the next section, let’s look at different ways to resolve the problem.
Part 3: Different Ways to Resolve the 0x000000d1 Error
Here, you will learn about different solutions to resolve the 0x000000d1 error. All of these methods are quite effective.
Go through these solutions one by one to resolve the problem. Once you fix the issue, your computer will be all set to function normally again.
Now, let’s learn how you can fix this annoying issue using the different ways listed below!
Method 1: Fix Your System
To resolve the 0x000000d1 error, users can employ a system file checker. It is a utility tool available for Windows systems.
The primary function of this tool is to find any data corruption. This file checker performs this task by scanning your Windows system and restoring the damaged files.
To fix the 0x000000d1 issue, go through the following steps:
1. Run Command Prompt
- For Windows 8.1 and Windows 8, the Command Prompt can be opened by right-swiping the system screen. After that, tap on ‘Search’ and put in “Command Prompt.” Now, run it as administrator by right-clicking. Then, tap on ‘Password’ and then hit ‘Apply.’
- For Windows 11/10/7/Vista, the Command Prompt can be opened from the Start menu. Put “Command Prompt” or “CMD” there and right-tap on ‘Run as administrator.’ Now, type the password, if there is any, and click on ‘Apply.’
2. Note for Users using Windows 11/10/8
- Before running System Checker, users need to run the Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool (DISM). For this, type “DISM.exe/Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” and hit Enter. It will take some time as DISM employs the “Windows Update File.”
- If the client file of the Windows update is broken, you have to employ an alternate command, i.e., “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:C\RepairSource\Windows /LimitAccess“
3. Run the System Checker File
- To do so, enter the command “Accessibility.dll” and hit sfc/scannow. After entering the command, the program will scan and examine all your system files. If there is any corrupted file, it will replace it too. Until the verification procedure is over, keep your Command Prompt window open.
4. Now, Users Will Receive Some Result Messages Like:
- Not found any violations
- Cannot execute the operation (if this happens, then run the System checker tool in the Safe Mode)
- Damaged files are repaired and found successfully
- Damaged files are looked after but cannot fix through Windows Resource Protection
So, in that case, users need to perform the Manual rectification procedure. Plus, they would need to examine what file is damaged. To perform this action, follow the following:
- Run Command Prompt.
- Now, enter the “findstr /c: “[SR]” %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >”%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt” command and hit Enter. So, this command lets users know what file isn’t fixed and examines the time and date when it was run on the system checker last time.
- After that, the procedure to replace the damaged file needs to be started manually.
- Enter the “takeown /f Path_And_File_Name” code and hit Enter. Now, you will see a window displaying the damaged file name and the path.
- After that, enter the “icacls Path_And_File_Name /GRANT ADMINISTRATORS:F” command and hit Enter.
- Replace your corrupted file with a file’s copy through the “Copy Source_File Destination” command. Here, the source file refers to the good copy from the computer, and the destination refers to the damaged file.
So this way, users can successfully fix the damaged file using System Fix.
Method 2: Try Updating the Drivers
Now, the error 0x000000d1 can also occur due to drivers. The driver’s name is next to it when you encounter this error, like xxx.sys or xyz.sys.
So, you just have to remove or update that driver to eliminate the 0x00000d1 issue.
Firstly, you have to get the damaged files or the driver’s name. After that, search the driver in your driver directory for getting other information like path, full name, etc.
To perform this action, users can even use a website called Carrona. This site lets you find such details related to drivers hassle-free.
For instance, if your damaged files or driver’s name is “rtwlane.sys“, search it on the website. Now, you will receive all the information related to the driver there.
Select the driver (Windows or Hardware). If Windows, users have to update the specific driver directly over the internet.
Method 3: Employ Driver Reviver Software
To fix the 0x000000d1 error, users can employ Reviver Software. This tool scans the computer automatically and looks for outdated drivers.
After that, it even updates those drivers. To get this, use the facility, and visit the official website of Driver Reviver Software.
Method 4: Resolve the 0x000000d1 Error Through Restoring System
When the problem occurs because of a faulty driver, system service problem, or BIOS, follow the steps below:
- Restart your computer.
- Now, you will come across operating system options and press F8.
- Under the menu of Windows Advanced Option, select ‘Last Known Good Configuration.’
Now, the 0x000000d1 error will be fixed if it is happening because of a single service or driver.
Method 5: Examine Antivirus and Clean RAM
Sometimes, the 0x000000d1 issue happens due to other reasons like a damaged database registry, antivirus, and hardware.
- Antivirus: Perform an antivirus check. If nothing works, then keep the antivirus close. Once the issue is fixed, activate it again on your system.
- Clean RAM: Eliminate extra RAM by restoring your system. Visit the ‘Start’ menu and enter “Run.” After that, put in “prefetch” or “cleanmgr.”
Part 4: Recover Your Lost Data After the 0x000000d1 Issue Happened
Undoubtedly, one of the precious things on your device is your data. You may lose it due to the 0x000000d1 issue.
No worries, as you can recover the lost data by Wondershare Recoverit. With this tool, users can recover any lost data because of system-related issues or errors.
Key Features of Recoverit:
- Recover deleted or lost files, music, photos, emails, or audio from storage devices safely and effectively.
- Supports data recovery from hard drives, flash drives, memory cards, camcorders, and digital cameras.
- Supports data recovery against hard drive damage, formatting, sudden deletion, system crash, and virus attack under diverse situations.
To Recover Your Lost Files Due to 0x000000d1, Go Through the Following Steps:
- Download and open Recoverit and select ‘Recovery.’ Under the All-Around Recovery tab, choose the Data Recovery Mode.
- Choose the file location that you want to scan. If you have no idea, select “I Can’t find my partition.”
- Now, preview the retrieved data. Tap on ‘Recover’ to return your lost data to your computer.
This data recovery process is incredibly fast and easy to use. Now, if you have to recover some files, then download Recoverit.
Now, you know exactly what the 0x000000d1 error refers to. Understanding why this problem occurs is significant before you think of resolving it. To fix this annoying issue, users can use the methods listed here.
Keep following the above guide to eliminate the 0x000000d1 issue hassle-free. Once the problem has been resolved successfully, users can work on their systems like before.
In case you have lost your precious data due to this frustrating issue, then use Recoverit. This data recovery tool lets you recover your lost or corrupted files. Now, download it and access its unique features.