There is no shortage of iOS device users who find their iPhone unable to load videos and photos.
When such an error appears upon trying to view their photos, things can be annoying for sure. However, we write this guide with great news for you; that error can be fixed easily!
Why is It Unable to Load Video iPhone?
There are many reasons for the “iPhone unable to load photos” error. In fact, many iOS device users have come across this error due to some reason or another. Generally speaking, this error tends to appear when they try to load high-res images or videos on their iOS devices.
So, it is better to learn what sort of reasons are behind this error. So, if you notice an “unable to load video iPhone” error on your iOS device, below are the reasons.
More often than not, this specific error can appear due to a poor internet connection with bad bandwidth. In fact, that could be the main reason if you notice this error when you browse the web.
In addition to that, the same error could appear due to a lack of storage. If not, the same can appear because of some storage optimization options. In simplest terms, there is more than one reason for this error to trigger.
Assume that you are someone who usually takes a lot of pictures and videos on your iOS device. In that case, it could be extremely embarrassing if you experience being “unable to load video iPhone.” So, you will obviously start looking for some solutions to fix it as soon as possible.
As assistance to our valuable readers, we have composed this article in the form of a guide. In this guide, you will learn what to do if your iPhone is unable to load photos. So, if you are already embarrassed by this error and want to learn the fixes, keep reading.
We will explain all the practical solutions in the simplest possible manner. Let’s keep reading and know what the solutions are.
Solutions to Try if Your iPhone unable to Load Photos
In this section of our article, we list down all the possible solutions to address this issue. If you want to fix that issue with minimal effort, you can go ahead and follow these methods.
Also, please note that you don’t need to try each and every method mentioned below. Instead, you can try one method after another until you find a successful solution.
Moreover, we have explained all those solutions in a very simple manner so even a novice can follow them. Let’s go ahead and try these solutions out!
PS: if you are experiencing the issues like Unable to Share Photos on iPhone, here are the top solutions for you.
01. Disable Storage Optimization in Your Device
As the first method, we explain a basic method that can fix the “unable to load video iPhone” error. Well, this error could appear due to an issue pertaining to storage optimization on your device.
As per the iOS device’s mechanism, iCloud handles the management of the images by default. The size and quality of the images, as well as the videos, will be reduced. iCloud does this in order to store more images on your device.
However, it can end up causing various issues, including “unable to load video iPhone.” If that’s the case, disabling the device’s Storage Optimization could be a solution.
Please Follow Up Below Simple Guide to Disable the Storage Optimization.
- First, you are supposed to launch the “Settings” app on the iOS device. Then, you should go to the option called “Photos.”
- After that, you should go to the option called “Optimize iPhone Storage,” which is located under the “Photos.” Turn it off to proceed.
- As the final step, you should select the option called “Download & Keep Originals.”
That’s it. You can now use the device as you would usually do. Then, see if the respective error is gone. If it is still unable to load video iPhone, you should go ahead and try the next solution.
Besides, let’s figure out how to turn Live Photos into videos.
02. Get Rid of Unwanted Files
In some cases, your iPhone is unable to load photos because of a lack of storage. In that case, the best solution is to free up some storage space by deleting unwanted files.
If you take a close look at your device’s photos and videos, there can be plenty of unwanted content. You can easily get a considerable amount of space by deleting those files.
Also, check whether you have any obsolete, unwanted apps installed on your iOS device. If yes, delete them at once. That will give you some space so you can get rid of the “unable to load video iPhone’ error.
Mentioned Below is How You Can Check if the Device Has Sufficient Storage Space to Function Properly.
- First, please go to the “Settings” app on the device and choose “General.”
- Now, you should click on the option called “iPhone Storage” under “General.”
- As the final step, you can observe the amount of storage the device has. It is displayed on the top right corner of the screen.
Please note that this process might take a couple of seconds to calculate the amount of space left. If you have stored plenty of files in the device already, that will take a pretty long time.
On the other hand, you will get the figures quicker if there are only a few files stored. If the storage is almost full, you can get rid of unwanted files (photos, videos, apps, etc.). Then, you should check if the respective error is gone.
Also, what if your iCloud is unable to load storage info? Don’t worry, here are the possible reasons and solutions for you if your iPhone storage is not loading.
03. Use iCloud to View Files
Do you still see the “unable to load video iPhone” error while viewing your pictures or videos? If so, we recommend going to iCloud’s official website and viewing your media assets there. The pictures and movies may then be saved on your computer and transferred to your iPhone later.
To Use a Web Browser to Access Your iCloud, Follow the Instructions That Are Mentioned Below.
- Open any browser and go to the official iCloud page.
- Next, provide the credentials and log in to the account and go to the Photos section.
- Select and save the multimedia content you wish to access on your computer.
- Finally, use Airdrop or your favorite file transfer program to send the pictures and movies to your iPhone.
- Thereafter, check to see whether the error still appears when you browse the multimedia content on the device.
04. Perform an Update on the iOS
The current iOS version on your iPhone may contain a bug that prevents you from seeing pictures and videos. To rule out this possibility, we suggest that you update your device and check whether the issue has disappeared.
Here’s How to See Whether There Are Any iOS Updates Available.
- To begin, go to Settings and then to General.
- Select Software Updates from the General menu.
- Finally, hit Download and Install if you see any available updates.
- Wait for a while so the update will be complete before returning to the gallery. Then, check if the “unable to load video iPhone” issue has been resolved in your device.
05. Reconfigure the Device’s Cellular Data Settings
Do you usually use cellular data when connecting to the internet? If so, you’ll need to provide full access to the Photos app to avoid download problems. Keep in mind, though, that this may use more bandwidth.
Eventually, that may result in additional charges depending on the cellular plan. However, it is still a good way to try if your iPhone is unable to load photos.
To Activate This Feature on the iPhone, Follow the Instructions Below.
- Go to your phone’s Settings app and search for Photos.
- Select Cellular Data from the Photos menu.
- Finally, choose Unlimited Updates from the drop-down menu. Even if you don’t have a Wi-Fi connection, this option will upload and download pictures via iCloud automatically.
06. Perform a Restart on the Faulty iOS Device
If none of the previous options worked, consider rebooting your device to let your system refresh its resources. This ensures that any temporary problems or malfunctions are resolved once your system is restarted.
To Perform a Restart On the iOS Device, Follow the Instructions Below.
- Pressing and holding the Power and Volume buttons simultaneously gets you to the screen “Slide to Power Off.”
- Now, move the slider all the way to the right-hand side so you can turn the screen off.
- Finally, wait a minute or so before turning on your iPhone. To switch on the device, you should hold the device’s button so you can see the Apple logo.
- Now, go back to your device’s Photos app after restarting it to see whether the error is gone.
07. Perform a Comprehensive Scan for Potential Errors to Fix Unable to Load Video or Photos on iPhone
The error we are talking about can also be caused by problems in your iOS device’s operating system. This typically occurs as a result of a failed update or when other programs clash with your system data.
That said, Dr.Fone is the most impressive tool you can use to solve this. This is a multi-functional app that allows you to manage Android as well as iOS devices.
More importantly, Dr.Fone’s Repair program may help you repair problems on the device without losing any data. After performing a repair with Dr.Fone, your device won’t experience an “iPhone unable to load photos” anymore.
08. Get in Touch with Apple’s Support to Fix Unable to Load Video or Photos on iPhone
If you continue to get the respective error message on your iOS device, we suggest contacting Apple. Go to Apple’s official help website and contact their customer care to report the problem you’re having.
You may need to take your iOS to the closest service facility depending on the scenario. Keep that in mind when you are looking for a solution.
iPhone supports JPEG, PNG for photos and MP4, MOV, M4V for videos.
No, resetting your iPhone settings will not delete your personal data, but it’s always a good idea to back up your data before doing any major changes.
You can update your iPhone’s iOS version by going to Settings > General > Software Update.
You can contact Apple Support through the Apple Support app, online, or by phone. Visit the Apple Support website for more information.
Yes, iCloud is a great way to store your files without taking up space on your iPhone.
So, that’s all about the solutions to try if your iPhone is unable to load photos. As you are aware now, there are many reasons to contribute to this error. Based on the nature of the reason, you can use any of the above solutions to fix it.