“How to make Live Photo into video so I can share it with my friends who use iPhone?
Is it even possible? I am a new iPhone user and wonder how to do it for the past couple of days.
Does iPhone offer a default feature, or should I use a third-party tool? Please help.”
If you have a question similar to the above, you are reading the correct article to find your answer.
Overview of Live Photos
Well, Live Photos is a very handy feature introduced by iPhone so you can make photos that have motions.
This specific feature was introduced some time ago (back in 2015), initially for the iPhone 6s. Since then, this feature has become so popular among pretty much every iPhone user.
But you should know that the Live Photos feature works only with iOS devices (iPhones). If you share a Live Photo with a friend who uses Android, the photo will appear in static mode. So, it is a huge drawback.
The good news, however, is that you can turn Live Photos into videos if you use iOS13. You can create short videos using Live Photos and still retain their sound and motion properties.
In addition to that, you can share all those videos regardless of the platform. The purpose of this article is to explain how to make Live Photos into videos.
So, keep reading and learn everything about it.
Part 1: How to Turn Live Photos into Videos (for iOS 13 And Newer Users)
Using an iOS 13 or newer version, you can easily convert a Live Photo to a video. In that case, you don’t need a third-party app.
All you need is to access your iOS device and proceed. With iOS 13, you can easily convert individual Live Photos to videos in batches.
With that said, both of those practices are explained below for your reference and convenience.
For a Single Photo:
- First, you should open the Photos app to change Live Photo to video.
- Now, go to the option called Albums. Then, you should scroll down and choose Media Types to select Live Photos.
- Now, you should choose the Live Photo to convert into a video.
- After that, click on the option called Share. Then, scroll down to choose the option called Save as Video. You can then check the video in the Recent album in the Photos app.
For Multiple Photos:
- First, go to the Photos app on the iPhone as the first step.
- Then, you should go to the Albums option and choose the Media Types option. After that, choose the option called Live Photos.
- You can choose any number of Live Photos at this stage.
- Once the photos are selected, go to the option called Share.
- Choose the option called Save as Video to complete the process.
- You can then find the video in the Recents. You can either share them with friends or view them as you need.
Also, in the article, we will troubleshoot and fix the ‘shared album not showing up‘ issue with our comprehensive guide, featuring step-by-step solutions for your tech woes.
Part 2: How to Make Live Photo into Video If You Use an Older iOS Version
If you are using an older version of iOS 13, there’s a default option to turn Live Photos into videos. In this case, however, the process is completed by converting the respective photo to an Effects video.
Follow the steps below and turn Live Photos into videos.
- First, you should launch the Photos app on your iPhone and go to the album of Live Photos.
- Then, you should choose the file that needs to be converted.
- Then, you should go to Loop or Bounce from the effects. It can be found under the Live Photo option.
- You can save the file now, and you will be able to locate that file as a video.
Part 3: How to Make Live Photos into Video Using Lively App
Those who want to make Live Photos into videos using a third-party app can consider this option. Choose any Live Photo and convert it to a video with music using the app called Lively.
However, if you don’t need any sound, you can create videos with no sound. The app is convenient, and it converts all those Live Photos to videos in a couple of seconds.
In this section, we will explain how to do it.
- First, you should download the app called Lively on your device. Then, choose the specific Live Photo you intend to convert.
- After that, you can tap on the option called Movie, which is located at the top. Then, you can view the video.
- In addition to that, you can edit videos as you wish (such as by trimming the videos).
- Once you have done that, you can tap on the option called Export Movie. After that, you can choose to Save the video. Your Live Photo will now be saved as a video in the Photos App.
Part 4: Editing Live Photos
You can edit those Live Photos for iPhone users to add more excitement. You can add filters and trim those frames to make the photos more attractive.
If not, you can even adjust the color or the contrast of the respective video.
Mentioned below is how to edit a Live Photo.
- First, you should go to the Photos app. After that, you can select a Live Photo that should be edited. Then, tap on the option called Edit, which is located at the top of it.
- You can then add many effects to the Live Photo feature. With iPhone, you can choose any key image that appears at the beginning of the Live Photos.
- You can use the slider feature to trim those frames of the Live Pictures. You can easily turn off the audio as well (just tap on the button labeled Volume).
- In addition to that, it allows you to turn Live Photos into tactic images as well. To do that, all you need is to press the button called Live Photos. It also gives you the option of editing parameters like exposure, contrast, color, etc. You can do it through the option called Enhance.
- In addition to that, it lets you crop all the Live Photos so you can add multiple filters. Once you have completed all those aspects, just click on Done.
- The images you have created can be found in your Photos app and viewed.
Bonus: How to Turn Live Photos into Still Images
There are some individuals who want to convert Live Photos into still (or static) images. They want to do it just to save some space.
If you convert a Live Photo to a still image, it requires less space to be stored. You can change any of the Live Photos stored on your iOS device with only a two-step process.
Mentioned below are the steps you should follow.
- First, you should launch your Photos app. Then, you should browse to the Live Photo that should be converted. After that, you should tap on the option called Edit. You can easily find this option on top of the screen.
- You can now tap on the Live Photo icon (in blue color). That will allow you to change the respective picture into a static image. You can then press the option called Done, so the Live Photo will be saved as a still image.
Frequently Asked Questions
Mentioned below are some of the frequently asked questions related to Live Photos to make it clearer for you.
01. What steps should you follow to take a Live Photo on an iPhone?
First, you should launch the camera app as you usually do. Then, you should enable the option called Live Photos.
After that, you will have to choose the photo mode and hold the device still. After that, please press the shutter so you can capture a Live Photo.
02. How can I find the Live Photos that are already captured?
In order to locate the Live Photos that are already being taken, you should open the Photos app first.
Then, you should choose the option called Albums and choose the option called Media Types as well. After that, you can choose Live Photos so you can access those moving pictures.
- Can I convert Live Photos into videos on older iPhone models? Yes, Live Photos and the ability to convert them into videos are available on iPhone 6s and newer models.
- Are Live Photo videos compatible with non-iPhone devices? Yes, Live Photo videos can be shared as regular videos and are compatible with most devices and platforms.
- Can I edit Live Photo videos after converting them? Once you have converted a Live Photo into a video, you can further edit it using video editing tools available on your iPhone or third-party apps.
- Do Live Photo videos take up more storage space than regular videos? Live Photo videos are slightly larger in size compared to regular videos due to the inclusion of the additional motion and sound data.
- Can I revert a Live Photo video back to a Live Photo? Yes, you can revert a Live Photo video back to a Live Photo by selecting the “Live” option in the Photos app and tapping the “Done” button.
Well, that’s how to make Live Photos into videos using your iPhone. As you can notice, it is a very simple and fast process.
You can use the steps above and turn Live Photos into videos with no hassle at all. You can manipulate the Live Photos with the different types of steps we have mentioned.
Do you have any other doubts related to this matter? If so, please let us know, so our experts will answer them at their earliest.