“I want to learn how to see what’s in my iCloud. Is there an easier way to get it done? Please let me know. (P.S. I am new to iPhones and still learning some basics)”.
As per the above, the user wants to answer her question, “how to see what’s in my iCloud.”
If you are new to iOS devices and have the same question, continue reading. Knowing what’s inside your iCloud account becomes very handy, especially in managing its files.
Then, you can get rid of unwanted files and get more space. Let’s learn how to see what’s stored inside your iCloud account without further ado.
This article shows you multiple ways to check what’s inside the iCloud account. Just go through these options and choose what’s best for you.
Method 1: How to See What’s in My iCloud through Web
The most basic method an iPhone user should try is accessing the iCloud content through the official website. This is a very simple method for those who wonder “how to see what’s in my iCloud.”
Mentioned below is how to access the content of your website using iCloud web.
- First, you should launch any web browser of your preference and visit www.icloud.com. Then, you should enter the credentials and sign in to your account to proceed.
- After reaching the account, you can see it presents several data types available on your iCloud account.
- Now, you should click on the specific type of data you want to view.
- After viewing the data of your preference, you can either leave them or delete them as you wish. If you think the respective files are no longer required, you can simply delete those files. That will allow you to gain more space.
PS: if you wonder, how can I see who my girlfriend is texting for free? Here is a detailed guide for you.
Method 2: How to See What’s in My iCloud Using Your iPhone
Apart from using the website, you will be able to check the contents of the iCloud using the device. You can use the iPhone to check what’s inside your iCloud account.
You can follow several straightforward steps to accomplish this task like the previous method.
Also, if you are experiencing issues like being unable to load videos or photos on your iPhone, here are the best fixes.
Mentioned Below Are Those Steps You Should Follow and See the Content.
- First, unlock the screen of your device and go to the “Settings” app (how to unlock iPhone with an unresponsive screen).
- Then, click on the option “iCloud,” located toward the bottom of the screen.
- After that, click on the option “Storage” and choose “Manage Storage” to proceed.
- Then, you should choose the backup you intend to view. After that, you should click on it so you can see the details of it.
- You can delete the entire backup or even some particular files.
Well, the above methods are official ways for those who wonder how to see what’s in my iCloud. Those methods are indeed very decent for viewing the content without much hassle. However, there is a notable drawback associated with this method.
In fact, none of the above methods allow you to view all the data stored in the backup file. In that case, you should be looking for an alternative to get it done.
In addition, what if you see an uploading to iCloud paused error when you try to upload some important stuff? Don’t worry; here are the six best solutions for you.
Tenorshare UltData is a professional third-party tool that lets you manage iCloud backups very effectively. This special tool will allow you to get rid of the potential drawbacks associated with the previous methods.
If you use the official methods, you cannot see detailed text messages or chat history on the backup (how to read Verizon text messages online).
However, with UltData, you can easily access any file located in the iCloud backup. Tenorshare UltData is specially designed to manage and view iCloud backups.
How to See What’s in My iCloud using UltData
Now, let’s get to the main point of this article. How to see what’s in my iCloud using this tool? Well, the good news is that the entire process is very easy. All you need is to follow the below steps and view the files in your iCloud backup.
Then, get it installed on your PC. following the onscreen instructions. Then, launch the application to see its home screen.
Select the “Recover from iCloud Backup file” option on the home screen and log in to iCloud. Remember, don’t connect your device to a PC/Mac.
You Can See All the Backup Files That Are Listed Under the iCloud Backup.
Once you have logged in, you can follow the onscreen instructions. Just select the backup files you intend to view at this stage. Then, click on the option called “Scan” to proceed.
Once You Have Done That, You Should Choose the Types of Data You Intend to View.
You can then select one type of data, multiple data types, or even all the data types to proceed. Once the options are selected accordingly, you should click on the “Download” option and proceed.
Now, UltData Will Start to Scan the Selected Backup File.
You will be able to see the details of the selected backup soon after completing the scan. In addition to that, you can even choose a single item or multiple items to export.
After choosing, you should hit “Recover to PC.” Then, you should select the respective format and location to export the selected items.
That’s it. The selected files will then be available on your computer.
Method 4: Restore the Backup to See the Files in iCloud
The following method is to restore data to see the content in your backup files. However, this method comes with some drawbacks as opposed to UltData.
You can restore the backups if you don’t want to use a professional application like UltData.
Below Are the Steps That Should Be Followed to Restore iCloud Backups on Your Device.
- If you use an older device, launch the “Settings” app and choose “General.” Then, go to the option “Reset” and select “Erase All Content and Settings.” That will erase all the settings and data saved on your device.
- Once you have erased the backups or using a new device, you can see the “Hello” screen.
- You should then follow the given instructions on the screen of the device. You should follow those instructions until you reach the screen called “App & Data.” Then, you should choose the option “Restore from iCloud Backup.”
- Now, provide the iCloud credentials and choose a backup that should be downloaded.
- You should now sign in using the iCloud credentials. This should be done to restore the app and purchases you already had. Then, you should connect to a Wi-Fi connection.
1. What happens if my iCloud is full? If your iCloud storage is full, new photos and videos won’t upload to iCloud Photo Library, and your devices won’t back up to iCloud.
2. Can I access my iCloud on Android? While there’s no iCloud app for Android, you can still access your iCloud by logging into iCloud.com via a web browser.
3. How secure is iCloud? iCloud uses end-to-end encryption, making it very secure. However, it’s also important to have a strong password and use two-factor authentication for added security.
4. Can I share files from my iCloud? Yes, you can easily share files stored in iCloud with others.
5. How do I free up iCloud storage? To free up iCloud storage, you can delete unnecessary files, optimize storage, or even buy more iCloud storage.
Viewing the data stored on your iCloud Backup is required for various reasons. Regardless of the reason, we have explained how to do that using several methods.
As long as you use the correct tool, viewing iCloud backup’s content is easy. UltData is the best example of such a tool.
With Tenorshare UltData, you can view the backups without performing a restoration. UltData gives you the fullest control over the backups you use.
So, managing your backups is ever so easy if you use UltData. The most significant advantage associated with UltData is that it doesn’t affect any of the existing data.
So, that’s how to see what’s in my iCloud. Do you have any other doubts related to this matter? If so, please let us know, and our experts will attend to it at their earliest.