When your Slack notifications are not working properly, it can negatively impact your work management.
That said, if you are troubled by such an error, this article comprises its solutions.
Overview of Slack’s Notification System
The accessibility of notifications has been simplified by Slack’s notification system. Users also regard Slack to be the finest option.
But customers are complaining about issues like Slack alerts not functioning on any of their synced devices. Also, some say that there’s an increase in the amount of time it takes for notifications to arrive.
There is a wide variety of possible explanations for why alerts from Slack are not functioning properly.
Even very straightforward actions can make Slack notifications inoperable. For instance, think of turning on the Do Not Disturb settings on your computer or smartphone. Also, you may even disable notifications by mistake.
So, if you have played around with such settings, you can see that and rectify it. Changing the state of your gadget to fix this issue should not take too much effort, right?
Let’s look at some other potential fixes for the problem related to Slack notifications.
Besides, if you wonder how to change the Slack password? Here, we have shared everything you need to know on how to change your password on Slack.
Reasons Why Slack Notifications Not Working
Let’s go ahead and learn the possible reasons why your Slack notifications are not working. Take a more careful look at the things you have changed in the settings of your Windows PC.
The following are other possibilities for why notifications from Slack aren’t working:
● You Have Turned off Desktop and In-app Notifications
Have you turned off notifications on your device (smartphone or a PC) for Slack? In fact, you can do it on the device as well as on the app itself.
If that’s the case, you can simply turn those notifications on. That will help you receive Slack notifications once again without any issues.
● You Have Enabled Focus Assist
Have you turned on Focus Assist? Just like the name suggests, this specific setting helps you focus more on your work.
Please note that this specific mode will block every notification on the respective device.
● You Have Paused Notifications
You could have turned off the notifications by pausing the notifications for Slack for a period of time. And it explains why they are no longer appearing.
On the other hand, you have the ability to suspend notifications whenever you want on Slack.
Solutions to Try if the Notifications on Slack Are Not Working
You won’t ever need to worry about missing another essential message thanks to the following solutions. These solutions will repair any sort of error related to Slack notifications.
After having a good understanding of the causes, the solutions listed below should be attempted. Beginning with the most basic actions, such as activating your alerts for Slack, is a good place to begin.
So, let’s go ahead and find solutions to fix the “Slack notifications not working” issue.
Solution 01: Turn on Your Slack Notifications
Assume that you have switched off the notifications, as we’ve explained in the previous section.
In that case, it is obvious that the app won’t receive any updates from there onwards. Also, what if you haven’t been receiving notifications from the very beginning?
Well, it is possible that the notification settings on your device were initially configured not to send you alerts.
Mentioned below are the steps to turn those notifications on once again.
- Go to “Settings” and select “System.”
- Now, you should go to the option “Notifications & Actions.”
- Scroll down so you will be able to find Slack.
- You can click on the device’s Toggle button to enable those notifications.
In addition, we recommend that you turn on the Slack application’s notifications as well.
Also, if you have multiple channels, you are supposed to enable notifications for every channel.
Mentioned below is how you can turn on notifications using Slack.
- First, you should open the app.
- Tap either on the cog wheel or the profile icon.
- Now, click on the option called “Notification Preferences.”
- Select “Notification.”
- After that, you should see if the notifications are turned off. If it says “Nothing,” that should be changed.
- The most appropriate setting is to select the mode “All New Messages” to proceed.
Your Slack notifications will, from this point on, always include new updates. What if you are receiving messages on the desktop only but not on your mobile device?
If so, you can follow the same procedure as you would on the desktop.
Alter the notification configurations on the mobile device to alert you of all newly received messages. As we believe, that will do the trick.
Solution 02: Focus Assist
When you switch to concentration assist mode, you will have the ability to manage your notifications.
Please deactivate the focus assist mode if you want to receive notifications through Slack. Or, you should add the Slack application to the list of priorities.
Take the following actions to include Slack on Focus Assist’s priority list.
- Select “Settings” and go to “System.”
- Then, go to “Focus Assist.”
- There are three different options; “Alarms only,” “Off,” and “Priority List.” Then, check under the priority list to see an option called “Customize.”
- Just click on that option to proceed.
- When you are on the list of apps, you can see the option “Add an App.” Tap on it.
- Select the Slack app.
Once you have followed all of those steps, you might get those notifications from Slack as you would expect.
Solution 03: Reset or Repair Slack
What if you have attempted everything, but nothing works? Well, in that case, fixing and restarting the app may be the only option left to try.
Errors can be remedied by resetting the application, which will remove all of the data related to the application.
Resetting will remove the login credentials in addition to deleting any app data it may have previously stored. However, restoring the program would not delete any of the stored data.
Windows 10 Operating System
- First, you should select “Settings.” You can do so by pressing the “Windows” and “I” keys together.
- Then, you should go to the option called “Apps.”
- After that, you should select “Apps & Features.”
- Select the option called “Slack.”
- Click on the option called “Advanced Option.”
- Select the button labeled “Repair.”
Windows 11 Operating System
- As the first step, you should go to “Settings.” Like with Windows 10, you can bring that option together by hitting the “Windows” and “I” keys.
- Select “Apps.”
- Then, go to “Apps & Features.”
- Then, you should go to the “Slack” option from the list of options.
- Select “Advanced Options.”
- As the final step, you should hit “Repair.”
You may reset the app if it doesn’t fix any of the issues even after the above solution.
Solution 04: Disable Do Not Disturb
If you find that you have mistakenly activated the Do Not Disturb feature, you should immediately turn it off.
This function allows you to halt alerts for a period of time that you specify. Keeping an eye on paused notifications is important because they are sometimes activated by accident.
So, you can follow the steps below and turn it off.
- Open the option called “Slack.”
- Now, you should select the profile icon; you can find it in the top-right area.
- Select the option called “Pause Notifications.”
- Select the option called “Resume Notifications.”
Solution 05: Troubleshoot Notifications
What if you usually use Slack’s mobile app? If that’s the case, just perform troubleshooting. Then, you should see a reason why Slack notifications are not working for you as expected.
But unfortunately, you cannot find such a feature on your desktop app.
- Go to Slack as the first step.
- Then, click on the option called “Notifications.”
- Then, you should select “Troubleshoot Notifications.”
Slack will perform a self-scan and find out the exact reason for notifications to prevent them from appearing. And that will eventually fix the “Slack notifications not working” issue.
Muting Slack Notifications
It is possible to mute notifications from Slack itself (either through the website or the app). Mentioned below are the steps you should follow.
- First, you should select your profile.
- Select “Preferences.”
- Go to “Notifications” and select “Sound and Appearance.”
- After that, you should select the option “Mute all sounds from Slack.” After following the above steps, you won’t receive any notifications from Slack.
That’s all about the solutions you can try if your Slack notifications are not working. Do you have more doubts about this matter? Please let us know.