“Does anyone know what to do upon noticing Samsung pass not working? Please help me. I am not tech-savvy so your help is much appreciated.”
Are you a Samsung user who relies on the convenient and secure Samsung Pass feature for seamless authentication? If you find yourself facing issues with Samsung pass not working as expected, fear not!
In this article, we will explore common problems that may arise with Samsung Pass. More importantly, we provide you with practical troubleshooting tips to help you resolve them.
So, sit back, and relax as you can get back to enjoying a smooth and hassle-free authentication experience.
We all know that Samsung is one of the most well-known names in mobile phones. But it is not without its share of hiccups. Users of the Samsung Pass app have recently claimed that it has suddenly ceased functioning.
Imagine you’ve just purchased the most recent Galaxy S22, only to find that Samsung Pass has stopped functioning. Many people depend on it to access their favorite apps and websites.
Therefore, any problems with it might be very annoying. Thankfully, we have identified a number of tried-and-true solutions to the issues with Samsung Pass.
Reasons Why Your Samsung Pass is Not Working
Most Samsung smartphone users experience this issue after trying an OS update.
That said, after an update, the following reasons might lead to issues with Samsung Pass.
- Bugs in the system.
- Cache files contain malware.
- The phone experiences some glitches.
- There is a system issue.
Besides, there is more than one solution to try if your Android home button is not working. And, you can try those fixes even if you are not an expert.
Solutions That Can Fix This Issue
Let’s get to the main point; what are the solutions you can try if your Samsung Pass not working? Below, we reveal the most effective solutions you can try to get this issue fixed.
Solution 01: Check if It Works in the Safe Mode
This is the most basic solution you can try if you experience Samsung Pass not working issue. Verify that no other service or software on your phone is interfering with the Samsung Pass app’s functionality. Putting your device in Safe Mode, which stops all apps from functioning, is the simplest method.
Here’s how to do it.
- Press the power key of the faulty Samsung device and hold it to see the power logo. After that, hold its “Power Off” option for some time.
- After that, you should see a prompt window. This window will ask if the device should be put in “Safe Mode“. You should press OK.
- Now, you can see that “Safe Mode” is displayed at the base of the device’s screen. This step will disable each and every app on the device.
- You can launch “Samsung Pass” now. Check if it works as expected. If it works, you can simply delete 3rd party apps on your device (one after the other). Once you have done that, reboot the device to exit “Safe Mode.”
Solution 02: Clear the Cache of the Samsung Pass
The “cache” folder on your Android device stores temporary files for each app so that they are quickly accessed. It’s possible that malicious assaults on these files will prevent the program from running normally. It is possible that the Samsung pass not functioning error might be fixed by erasing the cache data.
Mentioned below is how to do that.
- Go to your Samsung device’s home screen and choose “Settings“. After that, go to “Apps” and scroll down. Tap on Samsung Pass.
- After that, tap on the option “Storage” from the popup menu. You can see two options; “Clear Cache” and “Clear Data“. Then, click on the option called “Clear Cache” as the first step. Then, tap on “Clear Data“.
- After that, you can see if the issue is resolved.
By the way, if you have the Samsung hotspot not working issue, with the details in this article, you should be able to resolve it easily and fast.
Solution 03: Uninstall and Reinstall Samsung Pass
Delete the app and then reinstall it to see if it fixes the issues on Samsung Pass. Doing so will fix the program and get rid of whatever bug was causing the problem.
Below are the steps you should follow to do it.
- Go to the “Settings” app and tap on “Apps“. Then, scroll down to find “Samsung Pass“. Tap it and select “Uninstall” so you can remove it from your Samsung device.
- After that, go to the option called “Play Store“. Then, install “Samsung Pass” again.
- This is an effective solution if your Samsung pass is not working.
And are you facing the problem of Samsung Pay not working on your phone? If so, just read this blog to know how to fix it easily and quickly.
Solution 04: Disable and enable Samsung Pass
The Samsung app should be turned off for a couple of seconds before being turned on again. The app’s interface is revived, and any hiccups are gone for good.
Mentioned below is how to do it.
- Go to the “Settings” app and select “Biometric & Security“. Then, go to “Samsung Pass“. After that, go to “More Options“. Finally, you can tap on “Settings“.
- Then, you should touch the option called “Delete Data“. After that, you should confirm your action of deleting. In this case, you may have to enter the password. After typing the password in, you should tap OK. Then, the system will disable the Samsung pass. The default settings will be restored.
- Once that is disabled, you can configure it just like you have done it before. Then, you can try to open it and see if it works.
Solution 05: Factory Reset Your Device
If you’ve exhausted those options without success, a factory reset may be your last resort. This strategy has been shown to resolve a wide variety of problems, including the issues related to Samsung Pass.
This will revert the data along with the default settings. So, you should create a backup of the data before trying this solution out. That said, mentioned below are those steps for your reference.
- First, switch off your mobile device. Wait for about 30 seconds. Then, press the Volume + and “Home” keys at the same time for a couple of seconds.
- You will see the Samsung logo on the screen. Release the power key at this instance but hold the Volume + key. This will bring you to the screen labeled “recovery mode“.
- You will be able to use the Volume Down key to scroll the screen down. Select “Wipe data/factory reset” using the power key. Once again, use the hardware keys and select the option “Yes, Delete all user data“.
- Now, the system will take a couple of minutes to get the master reset done. Wait for a while so the process will be completed. Then, use the device’s power key and reboot the device.
Hopefully, this will be a pretty effective solution if your Samsung pass is not working.
Use ReiBoot as a Professional Solution if Your Samsung Pass Is Not Working
As was previously noted, a fault in your device’s OS could be to blame for the above issue. There’s no way around fixing your phone without a professional program such as Tenorshare ReiBoot for Android.
Thanks to its amazing technology, this one-of-a-kind program can fix over a hundred different OS problems dogging your device.
In fact, it has been the go-to option for users because of its superior functionality and widespread applicability. To make your Samsung mobile device perform like new, just follow the steps below.
- First, you are supposed to install ReiBoot for Android. You should do it on your PC. Then, connect the faulty mobile device to it. Once you have done that, tap “Repair Android System“.
- When you are directed to a different screen, tap “Repair Now“. That will take you to the device’s details. Then, you can use drop-down arrows and choose the correct details. Click “Next” to proceed.
- Now, depending on your details, ReiBoot starts the process. It will start to download the most recent firmware to be compatible with your device. Then, tap on the option called “Repair Now“.
- After that, you can follow the guidelines displayed on the screen. That will put the device on Download Mode. ReiBoot will repair the OS now. Please note that this process will take a couple of minutes to get the job done.
- Click “Done“. Now, your Samsung device will restart. It should work without any hassle after this repair.
ReiBoot can repair plenty of errors associated with your OS with ease. That’s why we consider it the ultimate solution if your Samsung Pass is not working.
FAQs About Samsung Pass Not Working
Here are some frequently asked questions about the “Samsung Pass not working” issue that you might find useful.
The “Samsung Pass not working” issue can be due to a myriad of factors, such as outdated software, corrupted cache files, poor setup of biometric data, or simple glitches that need a system restart.
Start by restarting your device. If this doesn’t help, try clearing the cache and data for the Samsung Pass app, updating the app, or resetting your biometric data. As a last resort, consider a factory reset after backing up your important data.
As of my knowledge cutoff in September 2021, Samsung Pass is available and fully functional. It’s an integral part of Samsung’s services. However, availability might vary depending on the device and the region.
Samsung Pass might fail to recognize fingerprints if they were not properly set up initially if there’s dirt or moisture on the scanner or your fingers, or if the fingerprint scanner is damaged. Make sure to set up your fingerprints correctly and keep the scanner and your fingers clean and dry.
Sometimes, this could be due to the poor setup of the biometric data. Make sure you are in a well-lit area and that your fingers or eyes are clean and unobstructed when setting up the biometrics.
You can update your Samsung Pass through the Samsung Galaxy Store. Just open the app, search for Samsung Pass, and click “Update” if available.
Go to Settings -> Apps -> Samsung Pass -> Storage -> Clear Cache and Clear Data.
Yes, a factory reset wipes all the data on your phone, including Samsung Pass data. Ensure to back up all important data before you perform a factory reset.
An outdated app version or a corrupted cache file could be causing this issue. Try updating the app or clearing the cache to resolve this.
Regularly update your Samsung Pass app, clear the cache and data frequently, and make sure to set up your biometric data correctly.
This article provides you with a number of solutions you can use if your Samsung Pass is not working. Some of those solutions were basic but effective. All the solutions presented here are effective and simple to implement.
That said, installing ReiBoot for Android is the quickest and least complicated approach to fixing the problem for good. After all, ReiBoot is one of the best tools in the market to fix issues related to Android devices. It is an exceptionally convenient tool you can use regardless of your expertise in technology.
If you have any other questions in this regard, you may keep us posted.