“Safari cannot open the page because the address is invalid.” Does this message look familiar? Have you already come across that message and looking for a solution?
If so, keep reading because this article explains how to fix it without much trouble.
Understanding the Issue: Invalid Address Error in Safari
Before we dive into the solutions, let’s get a grip on what this problem is. You know when you’re trying to visit a webpage, and you get an error saying the address is invalid? That’s what we’re dealing with here.
Common Causes of the Invalid Address Error
This error often arises due to a faulty internet connection, a typo in the URL, or because the website doesn’t exist anymore. Additionally, corrupted browser cache or outdated Safari software can also cause this issue.
Symptoms of the Invalid Address Error
Typically, when you encounter this problem, Safari won’t load the page you’re trying to access. Instead, it will display an error message stating that the address is invalid.
No matter what the cause is, the remedies we explain in this guide will help you overcome them.
PS: Click here to figure out how to fix iPhone ghost touching.
How to Fix the “Safari Cannot Open the Page Because the Address is Invalid” Error?
In this part, we will explain how to fix this issue. These fixes are applied whenever the “Real” issue appears on your iOS device.
Check if the Internet Connection is Working
Just look closely at the error message “Safari cannot open the page because the address is invalid.” Per the error message itself, your iOS device cannot access the web address.
One of the common reasons behind this issue is a faulty or inactive internet connection. So, checking whether the internet connection is working properly should be your first attempt to resolve this issue.
So, check if you have enough data, the router is working, and you are connected to a data network.
Refresh the Respective Safari Page
Another possible fix to address this issue is refreshing the respective Safari page on the device. This is very simple; just tap on the refresh icon at the top-right corner.
Exit Safari Browser and Relaunch It
In certain instances, the browser may experience minor glitches for various reasons. This can happen, especially when you use the browser for a pretty long period without closing it.
So, if that is the case with you, you should close the browser and relaunch it. Then, go to the URL and see if it works.
Restart the iOS Device
Sometimes, the device can experience minor glitches and prevent Safari from accessing the internet. In that case, you may overcome the issue simply by restarting the device. Restarting an iOS device can fix various minor issues and give it a fresh start.
To restart an iPhone, you should press its power button for a couple of seconds and hold it. Once the device is turned off, you should wait a couple of seconds and press the same button. After restarting the device, you should relaunch Safari and try to visit the webpage.
Clear the Cache of Safari
If you are yet to succeed, you should also try and remove the Safari cache. When you use a browser for a long period, data can accumulate in the Cache and cause various issues.
In that case, cleaning the cache is the best move to overcome the issue. Here’s how to clear the cache and fix the “Safari cannot open the page because the address is invalid” error.
- Go to “Settings” on your iPhone and choose “Safari.” Then, tap on the “Clear History and Website Data” option.
- You can tap on “Clear History and Data” once prompted on the screen.
- You can go to the website once again and see if you can access it.
Change the DNS Settings on Your Device
If something is wrong with your device’s DNS server, you cannot access web content as expected. In other words, DNS errors can trigger issues like “Safari cannot open the page because the address is invalid.”
So, the obvious solution to address that matter is changing the DNS servers. You should follow up below guide to change your DNS settings.
- Go to “Settings” on your iPhone & choose “Wi-Fi.” Then, tap on the icon with a small “i” letter next to the Wi-Fi icon.
- Now, you can tap “Configure DNS” on the new screen.
- You can go to “Manual” and tap on the “Add Server” option. Then, you can add manual DNS servers manually as listed below,
- DNS in USA/North America: 220.127.116.11
- In the European region: 18.104.22.168
- DNS in the Asian region: 22.214.171.124
- DNS in other regions: 126.96.36.199
- Once you have configured the DNS manually, you should tap on “Save” and save the changes.
Repair the iOS Device if the Error Has been Caused by a System Issue
If the problem is still there, it might be due to an error in your device. In that case, the issue might be complicated, so you cannot resolve it manually.
To address the issue, you should check the system files of the iOS device. However, you cannot do it unless you have professional knowledge of handling iOS devices.
But the good news is that there is a special software tool you can use to address those issues. This tool is called Tenorshare ReiBoot and stands well ahead of other tools of its kind.
ReiBoot comprises plenty of features, and a powerful algorithm to address issues related to your iOS device, such as this accessory may not be supported error. Thanks to its user-friendly interface, you don’t need professional knowledge to handle this software.
This tool comes with a unique Repair Operating System feature to fix issues on your device’s OS.
Please Follow to Get Rid of the Errors on Your iOS Device.
- First, download and install Tenorshare ReiBoot on the computer. Using the original cable, you can connect the faulty device to the same computer. Then, you should launch the software and click on the iOS System Repair option. This option can be found on the home screen itself.
- You should click on the option “Fix Now” once the new screen appears.
- Then, click on the button labeled “Download” so the firmware of the respective device will be downloaded.
- Now, the software will start the repair process. It will scan your device, fix all the glitches, and make it function smoothly. You should wait until the process is completed, and that’s it!
Preventing Future Invalid Address Errors in Safari
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, they say. So, here’s how to prevent running into this issue in the future.
Ensure Regular Browser Updates
Keep your browser up-to-date to prevent various errors, including the invalid address one. Regular updates provide new features and bug fixes, ensuring smoother performance.
Be Mindful of URL Input
Take care while typing the URL. A small typo can lead to this error. Also, ensure the website you’re trying to access is still active.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why does Safari say it cannot open the page? Safari might say it cannot open the page due to an invalid address error, which could be caused by a typo in the URL, an issue with your internet connection, or outdated software.
- How do I fix the invalid address error in Safari? You can fix the invalid address error by checking your internet connection, refreshing the page, clearing Safari’s cache and history, checking the URL for mistakes, disabling Safari extensions, and updating the browser.
- Can browser extensions cause the invalid address error in Safari? Yes, some browser extensions can interfere with the loading of web pages and cause the error.
- What is the importance of updating the Safari browser regularly? Regular updates to Safari offer new features, bug fixes, and enhanced security, preventing various errors including the invalid address one.
- How can I prevent the invalid address error in Safari? You can prevent this error by regularly updating your browser, being careful while typing URLs, and ensuring your internet connection is stable.
And there we have it – your detailed guide to handling and preventing the “Safari cannot open the page because the address is invalid” error. Remember, keeping your browser updated and being mindful of the URLs you enter can go a long way in preventing this issue. Stay connected and surf away!