Are you troubled with Safari cannot connect to server error and looking for a solution?
Well, you are not alone, as this error is experienced by many other users across the globe.
With that said, we did extensive research and ended up composing this article with appropriate solutions.
So, let’s learn fixes for the “Safari cannot open the page because the server cannot be found” error.
If you’re using an Apple device like a Mac, iPhone, or iPad, you’re probably using the Safari browser. Despite its simple and intuitive design, Safari may nonetheless fail to connect to the server issue.
When you upgrade the iOS/macOS or alter the network settings, this problem is more likely to occur.
The problem can be fixed in a variety of ways. It’s as simple as reading our post and implementing one of those solutions we’ve provided!
Safari Cannot Open The Page Because The Server Cannot Be Found – Potential Reasons
First, let’s find out the potential reasons for the “Safari cannot connect to server” error. For Safari or Chrome not to work, the most typical cause is an error in the DNS server.
When the DNS isn’t responding to your request for service, Safari cannot connect to the server. It’s also possible that you’re using an unstable DNS server on your Apple device.
As a side note, most problems are caused by the user. Safari cannot open pages because the server cannot be located.
However, you can fix this ‘Safari Cannot Open The Page Because The Server Cannot Be Found’ issue by changing your DNS settings, which we’ll go over in more detail later.
PS: let’s figure out how to check the computer history.
What Are the Solutions to Try if Safari Cannot Connect to the Server?
It’s easy to fix Safari’s problem of not connecting to the internet by using the method mentioned below.
You don’t have to try all these steps. Instead, you try these methods one by one and stop once a method is working.
01. Check if Your Wifi Network is Working Correctly
The first step is to see if your smartphone is connected correctly to your wifi network. If not, you should check if the network is completely working before you can proceed further.
Go to the iPhone’s Settings app and enter the wifi section. Try connecting to the appropriate network afterward! The router can also be inspected to see if it’s operating or not.
02. Use the Correct URL for Your Website
The problem may not be as serious as we believe it is! This error might arise when you try to access a website using an incorrect URL.
Make sure that the URL you typed is valid before continuing. If not, type in the correct URL and use Safari to surf the web safely.
03. Reload Your Web Page
Refreshing the Safari browser’s page is as simple as hitting Ctrl + Fn + F5. The Reload symbol is all you need to do if you use an iPhone or iPad.
04. Disable the Content Blocker Option
There are content-blocking applications installed in browsers. They prevent the application from opening intrusive advertisements and harmful websites.
Nevertheless, these third-party programs will cause an error in which Safari cannot connect to the server. Go to your browser’s settings and uncheck the “Use Content Blockers.”
05. Safari Cache & Data Should Be Deleted
Clearing the Safari browser’s cache and website data will eliminate any harmful information or problems. Additionally, it will resolve the problem with Safari not being able to locate a server.
To clear Safari’s cache on an iPhone or iPad, follow the instructions below. Then, you may be able to get rid of the “Safari cannot connect to server” error.
- Open the Settings app on your phone or tablet.
- Select Safari from the list and click on the option.
- The final step is to select Clear History & Website Data on that list.
- That’s how easy it is.
06. Disable your Firewall Program and the Antivirus Program
Are you having trouble surfing the web in Safari on a Mac? If that’s the case, see if turning off your Firewall or Antivirus solves the problem. Security and Privacy under the Preferences menu let you disable the Firewall.
Please disable any Antivirus application on the Mac if you want to use the website. That may help resolve the “Safari cannot open the page because the server cannot be found” error.
07. Alter Your System’s DNS
Domain Names System (DNS) is a system that enables your browser to open a certain URL.
To get around geo-restrictions, you can utilize an unreliable DNS. But it could also cause Safari’s server complexity to prevent it from connecting.
We recommend resetting the DNS if this is the case. The following are the steps you need to take.
- The wifi option can be found in the iPhone’s Settings app.
- Select the wifi network and tap the “Configure DNS.”
- Add the following Google DNS server address to the Manual tab: It’s either 22.214.171.124 or 126.96.36.199
- Open Safari and check to see if it responds!
08. Reset Your Network Settings
Using Safari on an iPhone, iPad, or Mac, you may re-enter all of your network settings & start over.
The following are the steps you need to take to fix safari cannot open the page because the server cannot be found:
- In Settings, press on General and then tap on General.
- Reset the network settings by pressing the Reset button and selecting the “Reset Network” option.
09. Name 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz SSIDs Separately
Safari behaves strangely if you use the same SSID/wifi name on both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz networks. Changing your SSID options for both 5GHz and 2.4 networks is the simplest approach.
10. Update Your Device
To stay with the latest security standards and trends, Apple routinely updates iOS. Safari may become unresponsive if you haven’t updated your device.
To get back to browsing, all you have to do is upgrade your phone or computer. Look at the settings in your iPhone’s General section and select Software Update.
What Should You Know About the “Safari Cannot Connect to the Server” Error?
Are you experiencing Safari cannot connect to server error on a Mac? If so, this section has been created just for you. To connect Safari to a server, use this simple approach and accomplish the task successfully.
- Open the option called “Network Preferences.” It is on the Mac by clicking on the wifi symbol in the upper right corner of the screen.
- After that, pick and delete the wifi connection from that list.
- After that, please click the button labeled “Apply Now” to delete it.
- Using the same window, click the Plus/+ option to add your wifi network again.
- Select your wifi and then press Create.
- The final step of this process is to select the network and input the password.
Fix Issues Related to Your iOS Device by using iToolab FixGo
Do you still experience the “Safari cannot open the page because the server cannot be found” error? If so, here is a fantastic solution you can use. This special tool is dedicated to fixing pretty much any error on your iOS device.
You can use this tool on any macOS or Windows. In addition, it can fix any error without compromising the data on it.
So, this is a great way to easily fix potential errors on your device. This is particularly useful if you are a beginner and still want to fix those errors.
You should know that fixing browser-related errors is yet another task that can be accomplished by iToolab FixGo. That means it can fix plenty of other errors associated with your devices. For instance, it can even bypass your device’s password if you have forgotten it.
If you hope to learn how to fix “Safari cannot connect to server” using iToolab FixGo? If so, you can go ahead and learn how to do it.
Steps to Fix Safari Cannot Connect to Server with FixGo
01. As the first step, you should download and launch iToolab FixGo. You should note that this application works on any computer system.
Once the installation is completed, you can connect the respective iOS device and the PC using a USB cable.
Then, you can choose an appropriate mode from its interface. After that, you should click on the option “Fix Now.”
02. Now, FixGo will perform a scan searching for the latest firmware. It will then download the respective firmware for the iOS device.
At this stage, you can simply select the folder to store the downloaded file. Then, you can press the button called “Download.”
03. As the final step, you should press the button labeled “Repair Now” to proceed. That will fix any error on your iOS device, including “Safari cannot connect to the server.” Once the repair is completed, you can simply disconnect the iOS device.
Then, you can check if the Safari Browser is working. According to thousands of users, the browser should work perfectly after the repair is done.
- Why am I seeing “Safari cannot open the page because the server cannot be found”?
- This error often occurs when Safari cannot establish a connection to the server of the website you’re trying to access.
- How can I prevent this error from recurring?
- Regular updates, clearing cache, and maintaining a stable internet connection can help prevent this issue.
- Can network settings affect my Safari browser?
- Yes, incorrect network or DNS settings can prevent Safari from connecting to servers.
- Does clearing cache and website data help resolve the issue?
- Yes, accumulated data could sometimes cause errors, and clearing it could potentially resolve the issue.
- Does an outdated Safari browser version cause this error?
- Yes, it’s important to keep your Safari browser updated to prevent such issues.
A number of methods can be used to fix this Safari-related issue, and now you know about them.
It’s just that most of the approaches are a little too complicated for the typical user to understand. You should use iToolab FixGo to fix any iOS-related issues if that is the case.
It is an exceptionally friendly and effective application that can fix any errors on your iOS device.
So, that’s the perfect solution if you notice “Safari cannot open the page because the server cannot be found.”