Many iPhone users need to know how to restore iPhones without updating. Although iPhones are generally considered stable and reliable, there is still a chance for glitches.
Some issues associated with iPhones can be solved simply by restoring the iPhone. However, upon restoring the device, the device tends to update. Does that mean you cannot restore your iPhone without updating it? Of course not!
Those who wonder how to restore iPhones without updating should read this article thoroughly. In this article, we intend to expose more than one way to restore your iPhone without an update. You will see that this article comprises default methods as well as a professional method.
In most cases, Apple is a stable and reliable operating system. Their latest operating systems can let you enjoy better performance in general.
However, in certain cases, upgrading to a newer iOS version tends to cause some problems. Some people say that their older iPhone devices become annoying after updates.
For instance, those who use iPhones that are older than iPhone 6 find updates to be annoying. They experience less battery life and extensive heat on the device too.
Other than that, there are several other reasons for iPhone users to stay away from updates.
As the first method, you can use one of the device’s default settings to restore the iPhone. Well, here are the essential steps on how to proceed with this specific method.
1. To initiate the process, you should connect the iPhone device to the computer. However, you should ensure a backup is created in iTunes.
Once the device is connected, you should go to the option “Summary” and then select “Backups.” Then, select the option labeled “Back up Now” to back up the data.
2. Unplug your iPhone and select the “Setting” option again.
3. Select “General” and tap on the “Reset” option. Then, select the option “Erase All Content And Setting” to confirm that you need to erase all the contents.
4. After the process, you should connect the iPhone to the computer and launch iTunes. You will then see the message “An update to the carrier settings on your iPhone is available.” Click on the option “Update Settings.”
5. You can now restore the backup you created with iTunes. Once the restoration process is completed, you can disconnect the device from the computer.
This respective method requires the assistance of iTunes, just like the first method we mentioned. However, these two are entirely different methods you can use.
You can decide which option matches your requirement by going through the details. Here’s how to use iTunes Backup to restore iPhones without updating.
1. Get your iPhone connected to the computer using a USB cable. Be sure that you use the original USB cable to prevent potential interruptions. Now, launch iTunes on the same computer and wait until iTunes recognizes your device within a couple of moments.
2. Now, you should click on the iPhone icon located at the top left corner of the iTunes interface.
3. Now, you can see the summary after clicking on the iPhone icon. You should then click on the option “Restore Backup.”
4. You will then be directed to a new window. Be sure to select the backup you need to restore on your iPhone. The list of backups will be displayed in a drop-down list.
5. Click on the option called “Restore” to continue.
In certain cases, even iTunes may not work as expected. In this case, you will need to restore your iPhone using a different method. Instead of iTunes, you will have to use the recovery mode of the iPhone to restore it.
Here’s how to use the recovery mode of the iPhone to restore iPhone without updating.
1. Get your device connected to a computer using the original USB cable provided with the device.
2. Open iTunes and wait for the program to recognize your device. Then, click on the device icon in the main screen’s upper-left corner.
3. You can now back up the iPhone before restoring it. To do this, you should click on the “Backup Now” option under the “Manually Backup and Restore” option.
4. Turn your iPhone device off. To do this, you can press and hold the lock button. Then, use the slider to switch it off.
5. Now, you should go to the recovery mode of the iOS device you intend to restore.
06. On the iTunes screen, you will see options labeled “Restore” and “Update.” In this case, you should select the option “Restore.”
07. You should now wait for a couple of minutes for the process to be completed. The phone will restore, and you can now use the device without any issues.
What Are the Important Things You Should Consider When Restoring
- Before restoring the iPhone, you should consider that there is enough space on the phone. If the space of the iPhone is filled with data, you will have to expect various errors during the process.
- When connecting your iPhone to your computer, you will have to use an original USB cable. Also, the cable and USB port must be functioning correctly. Otherwise, there may be a chance for various errors to occur.
- There can be some unknown errors when restoring iPhones with iTunes, even if there is enough storage space. These issues can make you lose essential pictures, videos, or files.
- It is always essential to create a backup of your iPhone before restoring it.
As we realize, many individuals who want to restore iPhones tend to stay away from updates.
Apart from trying the methods mentioned above, there are professional solutions to this issue. In this section, we will reveal the best way to restore iPhone without updating it.
We rely on special software called Tenorshare ReiBoot to accomplish this task. This special tool is designed to address many issues with iPhones.
If none of the previous methods work, this tool should address your requirement perfectly.
- Fixes iPhone touch screen not working, iPhone Stuck in Spinning Circle, iPhone Stuck in Recovery Mode, iPhone Stuck on Apple Logo, etc.
- Apart from that, it can address any other issue related to iOS.
- Convenient user interface that can be handled even by a novice user.
- Very quick processing.
- No Malware.
- It doesn’t cause any data loss.
- It supports both Mac and Windows operating systems.
The advanced mode of this tool can solve any issue related to your iOS device. Here’s how to use it and fix the issues.
Open Tenorshare ReiBoot to see the main screen of the program.
Then, go to the option labeled “iOS System Repair” to reinstall iOS. This mode can completely reinstall iOS from your device and erase all the data. When the device is restored using this tool, the device will function as a new device.
You should put the device either in DFU or Recovery Mode. That can be found under the option Advanced Mode.
Now, downloading the firmware should be done according to the on-screen instructions of the software. Provide the required information on the screen and hit download.
In general, the software will automatically detect the device and other information. If not, you can correct it manually as well.
Now, the software will start to install the iOS version. Wait until the process is completed.
Also read: iPhone Attempting Data Recovery During iOS Update? We will cover efficient solutions to address this issue.
- Can I restore my iPhone without losing jailbreak?
- Yes, by following the methods mentioned above, you can restore your iPhone without losing the jailbreak.
- Will restoring my iPhone without updating erase my data?
- Restoration generally erases all data, which is why it’s crucial to backup your data first.
- Can I use any third-party software to restore my iPhone without updating?
- Not all third-party software is reliable or safe. Always use software from trusted sources.
- Does Apple officially support these methods?
- While these methods won’t harm your device, they aren’t officially recommended by Apple.
- What if I accidentally update my iOS during restoration?
- Unfortunately, if you’ve already updated, you can’t roll back to the previous version officially.
And there you have it! A complete guide to restoring your iPhone without updating. It’s not as complicated as it might have seemed, right? Remember, whether you’re using the recovery mode, iTunes, or a third-party software, always make sure to backup your data first. Happy restoring!