If your Instagram Reels are not working and you are looking for some practical solutions, here’s a comprehensive guide.
We will explain practical, reliable, and easy solutions you can try. So, go ahead and learn how to overcome this situation.
The TikTok-like feature on Instagram, Instagram Reels, allows you to make and share short videos with your followers.
However, difficulties with applications and app features aren’t unheard of. To fix an Instagram Reels issue, you will need to know what’s going on.
This post will look at a few options for resetting Instagram Reels.
To make it easier for you, we’ve included screenshots and step-by-by-step instructions for each remedy. Let’s get this show on the road.
What Can You Do if Instagram Reels Not Working on Your Android?
Well, if your Instagram Reels are Not working on an Android device, you can easily try the options mentioned below.
These solutions are pretty easy and have no complicated steps so that anyone can try them. Let’s go ahead and learn what they are.
PS: if you are experiencing the issues like delayed notifications on Android, here are the top solutions for you.
Solution 1: Check Your Instagram Reels Via Access Points
First, you should be sure Instagram Reels isn’t working or not showing up at all. To do that, you should check the ways mentioned below.
Also, let’s learn more about how to turn off read receipts on Instagram.
01. Tab labeled “Reels”
- The navigation bar is placed at the base of your Instagram app.
- The “Reels” choice should be shown in the middle of the page.
02. New Post
- To begin a new post, click the plus symbol (+) in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Check the bottom tab to see whether the “Reels” option appears.
03. Explore the Screen
- The “Explore” page may be accessed by tapping the search bar.
- Check your search results to see whether “Public Reels” appear.
04. Go to Instagram Stories to Fix Instagram Reels Not Working
- Go to your “Instagram Stories” screen by clicking on the “Instagram Stories” link in your profile.
- Access the “Reels” option at the bottom of the page.
05. Fix Instagram Reels Not Working Through a User Profile
- Visit a user’s Instagram page.
- See if a “Reels” choice appears beside “IGTV.”
06. Instagram Camera
- To swipe left to right on Instagram’s home page, use your left and right fingers.
- Reels are located at the bottom of this page.
By the way, here are the best Instagram password generator tools for your reference.
Solution 2: Re-log into Your Instagram Account
If Reels isn’t functioning for you, it’s possible that an Instagram issue is to blame.
Do you have numerous accounts logged into the Instagram app? If so, the quickest approach to remedy this problem is to log out and back in again:
- Tap on the profile picture in the lower right corner.
- At the upper right of your profile, tap the hamburger menu.
- “Settings” is available at the very bottom of the sidebar.
- Scroll down to “Log Out” under “Settings.”
- Select “Log Out” again after ticking your account.
In addition, are you frustrated with the error of Instagram music not working? If so, here, you will figure out the reasons behind it and how to fix this issue easily.
Solution 3: Clear Your Device’s Data Cache
Try deleting the data cache in Instagram to restore it to its default state after an update. It’s easy to accomplish this on Android.
- Open the “Settings” menu.
- Select “Apps.”
- Right-click the search bar and type “Instagram” into it.
- Selected “Storage” beneath “Usage.”
- Click on “Clear Cache.”
Solution 4: Uninstall Instagram and Reinstall It
Sometimes, a simple reinstallation is an answer if Instagram Reels are Not working. Here’s how to do it.
- Tap on “Settings.”
- Go to “Apps and Notifications.”
- Select “Instagram.”
- Select “Uninstall” and tap on “OK.”
- Reinstall Instagram by visiting the Play Store.
Solution 5: Update the Device
Perhaps, the issue is related to the device itself. In that case, you need to update the system to the latest.
- Go to “Settings.”
- Tap on “System” and select “System Update.”
- Then, “Check for Updates.”
Solution 6: Contact Instagram for Help
If no option has worked so far, report your problem to Instagram. So, you can go ahead and try that.
- First, sign in and tap on the menu (that looks like a hamburger)
- Go to “Settings” and select “Help.”
- Tap on the option called “Report a Problem.”
- Describe the issue. For instance, you can say, “Instagram Reels Not working on my device.” Sending a screenshot may help.
- Submit it.
Instagram will respond to your query with a solution.
What if Instagram Reels Do Not Work on an iPhone?
If you are an iPhone user and your Instagram Reels are not working, here are the solutions to try.
Solution 1: Check Through the Access Points
First, you should confirm if there is something wrong with the display or the functionality of Instagram Reels.
01. Go to the Reels tab
- Go to the base of the Instagram app and select its Navigation bar.
- Then, it should show the option called “Reels.”
02. New Post
- Tap on the plus icon to add “New Post.”
- Then, check if you see “Reels.”
03. Instagram Explore
- Go to your search bar and choose “Explore.”
- Check if you can notice the option called “Public Reels.” It is available in your search results.
04. Instagram Stories
- First, you should go to “Instagram Stories.”
- See if the option called “Reels” is available.
05. Check through Another Profile
- Go to someone’s Instagram profile.
- Next to IGTV, you should see “Reels.”
06. Instagram’s Camera
- Swipe to the right from the left on the home page of the Instagram app.
- At the bottom, you will see an option called “Reels.”
Solution 2: Log out and Log in to fix Instagram Reels Not Working
Instagram Reels issues might be the result of an Instagram account fault or bug. You can repair it by checking out and then signing back into your account.
This’s particularly true, especially if you have several accounts logged into Instagram.
- You’ll see a photo of yourself in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Press the hamburger menu in the upper right corner when your profile appears.
- At the base of its sidebar, click “Settings.”
- “Log Out” is found in the “Settings” menu by scrolling down and tapping it.
- Log out of your account by selecting “Log Out” and then selecting it again.
Solution 3: Clear Your iPhone’s Cache
Try deleting Instagram’s data cache to restore the app to the original condition when it was initially installed. Using an iPhone or iOS device, you can achieve this.
- Open the “Settings” menu.
- Tap Instagram after you’ve scrolled down to view it.
- Instagram’s cache will be cleared by finding the “Clear cache” option. Then, you should tap it if the toggle next to it is green in color.
Solution 4: Reinstall the App
Perhaps, reinstallation can be the solution if your Instagram Reels are not working on an iPhone. That will remove the potential bugs or glitches in the existing app.
Mentioned below is how to fix that.
- Tap on your Instagram app and hold on to it.
- Then, choose “Remove App.”
- Select the option called “Delete App.”
- Now, go to App Store and find the app “Instagram.”
- Install it by tapping on “Install.”
Solution 5: Update the Device
You may have difficulty with Instagram because you’re using a device with some errors. To use Instagram Reels, you’ll need your smartphone’s most recent version of the operating system (OS).
- Choose “Settings.”
- Go to “General.”
- Then, you should select the option called “Software Update.”
- Now, the device will check and install potential updates.
Solution 6: Report Your Issue
If none of the above has worked so far, contact Instagram and explain the situation.
- Log into the Instagram account.
- Tap on the menu that appears like a hamburger.
- Go to “Settings” and choose “Help.”
- Tap on the option called “Report Problem.”
- Explain what your issue is. For instance, you can mention “Instagram Reels Not working.”
- You can support your case with a screenshot as well.
- Submit it and wait so Instagram will respond.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Can I fix Instagram Reels not working on my own?
- Yes, you can try the troubleshooting steps provided in this article to fix common issues with Instagram Reels.
- Why are my Reels blurry?
- Reels may appear blurry if they were recorded in low light or if there are issues with your internet connection.
- What should I do if I can’t find the Reels tab on my profile?
- Make sure you have the latest version of the Instagram app and check if your account is eligible for the Reels feature.
- How can I contact Instagram Support?
- You can contact Instagram Support through the app or their official website for assistance with Reels-related problems.
- Why are my Reels not showing up in the Explore tab?
- Ensure that your Reels comply with Instagram’s guidelines and engage with other content to increase visibility.
Reel, a new tool on Instagram, makes it simple to record and share short video segments. It’s not rare for this feature to not function properly, but in general, it’s a good feature to have.
The solutions we mentioned above can be handy if you experience Instagram Reels not working.
So, go ahead and try these remedies. We would appreciate it if you could share your thoughts with us.