Instagram Music is one of the most popular features that Instagram has to offer. It lets you add music to your videos or stories and has a vast library of free tracks for users to choose from.
However, it’s not uncommon for Instagram music not to work as expected for some users. We’re going over how to fix any issues with Instagram Music so you can get back up and running in no time!
Reasons Why the Instagram Music Feature is Not Working
There are several reasons behind Instagram music not working. The first and most likely reason is that the Instagram music feature is unavailable in your country. If you’re in a country where the feature is not yet available, then it won’t work for you.
The second reason could be that your Instagram app isn’t updated to the latest version. You should check if there’s an update available for your device and get it installed as soon as possible.
The third reason why Instagram music is not working is that you’re using an unsupported device. This could be a phone or tablet incompatible with this new feature. The final reason is that there’s something wrong with your account.
If you’re using an unsupported device, then the Instagram music feature will not work. You’ll need to update your device or get a new one compatible with this new feature. If you’re on an older app version and haven’t updated yet, ensure you do so as soon as possible.
Ways to Fix the Instagram Music Not Working Issue
There are a number of effective ways that can help you resolve the Instagram music not working issue. And some of such troubleshooting tips or ways are as follows:
1. Update the Instagram App to the Latest Version
The first step to solving any problem is ensuring you have the latest version of the Instagram app installed on your device.
If you don’t have the latest version, please go to the Play Store or App Store and search for Instagram. Install it and then launch it so that it can finish updating.
Besides, the challenge required issue is a common error experienced by many Instagram users. Let’s see how to overcome the challenge_required error on Instagram with ease.
2. Reinstall the Instagram App
If you’re having issues with your Instagram music not working, reinstalling the app may fix the problem. Here’s how:
- Open the Google Play Store on your device and search for “Instagram.”
- Tap Install to download it from there. Or tap the Get Download Link if you don’t have it on your device anymore and want to re-download it from another source, such as iTunes or Amazon.
- If prompted by request for permissions, give them. So they can be granted access to storage space where they need to be able to save data like photos and videos.
- When installation has finished, open Instagram again.
- Then tap Log In at the upper right corner of the screen. Either type username/email address OR scan the QR code here using the camera if desired. This will enable logging into the account again after reinstalling the app without losing any current posts!
Also, Instagram DMS not working can be a problem for you. If you are eager to find the solution to Instagram direct messages not working, read this article.
3. Sign Out and Sign In to Your Instagram Account
To sign out of Instagram, tap your profile picture at the top-right corner of your home screen. And select Settings. Select Sign Out from the menu that appears.
To sign back in:
- On an iPhone: Go to Settings > [Your Name] > Instagram, then enter your username and password to log back in.
- On an Android: Open the Instagram app. And tap on your profile photo at the top-left corner. Then choose Login from the drop-down menu. Enter your username and password to log back in.
4. Switch Instagram Profile from Business to Personal Mode
Are you trying to add music to your Instagram story or Instagram post/video, but you are facing the issue of Instagram music not working?
If so, then there’s a simple fix. All you have to do is switch your profile from “business” mode back to “personal” mode. Here’s how:
- iPhone users: On your phone, launch the Instagram app and tap on the Settings screen. From there, select “Account.” You should see a list of options at this point—scroll down until you find “Switch Account Type.” Click here, then choose either Personal or Business.
- Android users: Launch the Instagram app in question. And tap on More underneath your username in the upper right corner of your screen. Scroll down until you see a Switch Profile Mode option; tap it! Now pick between Personal or Business.
5. Clear Instagram Cache
Clearing your Instagram cache is a simple process, just simply follow up these steps:
- Open the Instagram app on your device and tap the profile icon in the upper-left corner of your screen.
- Scroll down to Settings and tap it.
- Select Clear Cache.
- Your phone will then clear its local storage of all data related to Instagram. Including any cached media that may be causing issues with syncing performance issues.
6. Check if the Instagram Music Feature is Available in Your Country
In some countries, the music feature is available. However, the Instagram app doesn’t support this feature in other countries.
Your Instagram account must be connected to a mobile phone number registered in your country of residence.
To verify this connection and access music on Instagram, log into your account. And go to Settings > Music Settings > Update Music Preferences > linked phone number(s).
If you don’t see any options such as “Update Music Preferences” or “linked phones,” then you’re not eligible for this feature yet. Because it’s still being rolled out worldwide, you should check back later and try again!
Some countries have access, while others do not. This is primarily because of licensing issues and agreements or other similar factors.
However, technical problems may also prevent certain regions from accessing certain Instagram features.
7. Use a VPN
If you’re still having trouble, there are a few things you can try. One of the most effective is using a VPN. A VPN (Virtual Private Network) makes it appear like you’re accessing the internet from another location. Such as the United States or Europe. But it’s not changing your IP address.
If Instagram Music is not working on Android, this might be what you need to fix any lingering issues with playback or connection errors.
Many different types of VPNs are available for all kinds of devices, including computers and smartphones. You’ll need one that supports Android if you want to use it with Instagram music not working on Android!
8. Update Your Device iOS or Android to the Latest Version
If you’re encountering problems with Instagram music not working, it could be because the app hasn’t been updated to the latest version.
If you’re running an older version of iOS or Android, it’s time to update your device. To do this in iOS:
- Scroll down from the top of the screen and tap Settings.
- Then tap General > Software Update and follow the onscreen instructions. This will automatically download and install updates for your phone or tablet over Wi-Fi or cellular data connection.
- If there aren’t any available updates, Apple is still releasing them. Just keep checking back every few days until one appears!
9. Reach Out to the Instagram Support Team
The Instagram support team is available 24/7 and ready to help you with any issues you might be experiencing with the app. To reach them, go to their official help page.
And fill out the contact form by providing your Instagram username, email address, and phone number. And also, fill out a detailed description of your problem.
It usually takes less than 48 hours for them to get back in touch with you once they have received all the required info from their end.
How to Add Music to an Instagram Video or Story?
Insta-lovers, this one is for you. If you wish to add music to your Instagram video or story, follow these steps:
- Open Instagram.
- Tap the camera icon in the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Select the video or story you want to add music to. You have to do that by tapping it in your feed or double-tapping it when viewing recent posts. The selected photo will appear as an overlay on top of all other screens. So that users can easily find their chosen media without having to dig through a bunch of content, they don’t care about.
- Tap on the “Music” icon. And select a song from those suggested based on those already playing within their social media app ecosystem.
- Once selected, tap the play button near the center of the screen. This allows the user who wants something specific but doesn’t have time.
It’s Easy to Fix Instagram Music Not Working
As you have read so far, it’s easy to fix Instagram music not working. You can do it yourself or reach out to the Instagram support team.
The latter is a bit more time-consuming. But they will try everything they can to help you fix the problem if that’s what you prefer.
1. Why can’t I see the music sticker on Instagram?
The music sticker may not be available in your region due to licensing agreements with music labels. Try using a VPN to change your IP address and access Instagram music from a different region.
2. I updated my Instagram app, but the music feature is still not working. What should I do?
If updating the app didn’t resolve the issue, try clearing the cache and data of the Instagram app. This can help eliminate any stored data conflicts that may be affecting Instagram music.
3. Can I appeal if my Instagram account has been restricted from using music?
Yes, you can appeal if you believe your account has been restricted unjustly. Review Instagram’s guidelines and policies to ensure compliance, then follow the steps provided by Instagram to appeal the restriction.
4. How long does it take for Instagram to resolve technical glitches with the music feature?
The time taken to resolve technical glitches can vary depending on the complexity of the issue. Instagram’s development team works diligently to address such problems, but it may take some time. Patience is appreciated while they work on resolving the issue.
5. Are there any alternative methods to add music to Instagram posts if the music feature is not working?
If the music feature is not working, you can try recording a video with the music playing in the background and then upload it to Instagram. Alternatively, you can use third-party apps to add music to your videos before sharing them on Instagram.
It’s essential to keep in mind that Instagram music not working can be a frustrating experience.
However, the solutions above should help you get back on track and save your creative content from being lost.