“How to find my iPhone if it’s dead?” This is a pretty common question asked by many individuals who have lost their iPhones. So, if you have the same question and looking for an answer, here’s a must-read article.
Using Find My iPhone’s last available position, you can locate a dead or offline iPhone. You may also learn how to track a lost iPhone without using the Find My iPhone feature.
Moreover, it lets you learn how to locate your dead iPhone using the function.
Using Find My iPhone’s Last Recorded Location
What happens if a phone is turned off? If you’ve enabled your device’s last known locations, the answer is positive. It’s far more difficult to locate a dead iPhone if this feature isn’t enabled. This feature can only be used if you activated it first before your iPhone went missing.
Mentioned below is how to find my iPhone when it’s dead using that last known location feature.
- Go to “Settings“.
- After that, you should tap on the name.
- Now, you should tap on the option called “Find My“.
- Tap on the option called “Find my iPhone” to proceed.
- Then, you should toggle the option called “Send Last Location” on.
- That will then send your device’s last known location of the respective device before dying.
PS: if you wonder how to find someone on WhatsApp without them knowing, these guides you should check out.
What Are the Basics You Should Know About It?
We will explain how to locate a dead iPhone using the app called Find My iPhone. Also, we will explain how to use iCloud.com for the same purpose in this section.
Your iPhone will guide you to the last location where the battery was good before it died. You can use the Find My iPhone app to track down your missing iPhone if it’s offline. However, to accomplish that, it should not be completely dead.
When using Find My, you have three choices for locating an iPhone’s most recent location. Once you’ve located your misplaced iPhone, the next couple of steps are not different from the same as before.
Important: Assume that your iOS device is still switched on and it is somewhere nearby, but you cannot find it. In that case, you don’t have to use such apps. Instead, you can ping it with your Apple Watch. If not, you can even use Siri so you can find the device easily.
Also, if you come across a situation where no location is found on iPhone, you will find out its causes and the solutions you can try to fix it easily.
How to Find My iPhone when It’s Dead using Another Apple Device
Are you in a Family Share Group and also can access another member’s phone (iPhone/iPad/Mac)? If so, you can use that phone to locate your phone even though it’s dead.
- Use your device’s Find My app to look for your lost or stolen belongings.
- Click the Devices tab.
- The list of devices with the “Find My” option will appear on the map.
- From the drop-down menu, pick your iPhone.
That’s basically it.
How to Find My iPhone if it’s Dead [Using iCloud.com]
From a regular PC browser, you can use iCloud.com’s feature called “Find My iPhone” and locate your iPhone. Mentioned below is how to do that.
- Open icloud.com.
- Use your Apple ID along with the password to log in.
- Double-check your two-factor authorization by clicking Allow on the device you’re using if requested.
- Simply click on the “Find iPhone” icon to begin your search.
- To find your missing iPhone, select the option called “All Devices“, which is located on top. Then, select it.
- Now, the location of your missing iPhone will be shown on the map.
Finding a Lost iPhone Using a Different iPhone
How Can I Find My iPhone If It’s Dead using a different iPhone? Instead of signing out of their ID in Settings, utilize the “Me” tab found in the app “Find My“.
This allows you to get into a second iPhone attached to someone’s Apple ID to locate a dead phone. But if you fail to log out of your account on your friend’s iPhone, you cannot use the app.
- Open your friend’s iPhone’s Find My app.
- Navigate to the ‘Me‘ tab.
- Click on the Help A Friend link at the bottom of the page.
- To access iCloud, you’ll be requested to do so. At the base of that pop-up message, select the option called “Use a Different ID“. You should do it when prompted to sign in with Touch or Face ID.
- Please use your Apple ID as well as the password to access this website.
- After that, please select “Not Now” when requested to save the password.
- The listed devices that show at the base of your screen can help you locate your misplaced iPhone.
- The screen will show a ring around the region where your iPhone is, and if necessary, zoom in.
Recovering a Lost iOS Device After Finding It
If you feel that your iPhone is lost or stolen, be sure to inform your local law enforcement agency.
To recover a stolen iPhone, please follow the above guide and learn the remedies. That means what you should do if the iPhone is permanently stolen or lost. Well, these actions differ from those required to locate a lost phone using the Find Last known locations feature.
You will see a black iPhone on the map and red text inside the sidebar. That will show the “Find My” last saved location if your lost iOS device is dead or switched off.
An active “Home” screen appears when your iPhone gets switched on. That’ll be displayed along with a battery symbol in the sidebar that indicates how much battery life is left.
If your iPhone is close, you may use the map to find it easily. Or, you can tap on the option called “Directions” to find the directions to the lost device’s location.
Assume that your phone is off but just not dead. In that case, it is possible to Play Sound on your iPhone.
It’s possible to set the option called “Notify When Found” even if your iPhone is dead. As a result, you’ll receive notifications as well as a location update on your iPad when it’s found.
A personalized message that has a reachable phone number can be displayed in the Lost Mode. So, if someone finds your phone, they can get back to you. So, those are the methods you should try to prevent potential losses.
How to Find My iPhone When It’s Dead without Using Official Features?
Now, let’s learn how to find my iPhone if it’s dead without using any of the official methods.
- First, go to the link www.google.com/maps/timeline using any web browser to proceed.
- After that, you should log into your Google account.
- Once you have done that, you should specify the date on which the iPhone went missing.
- Track the last location of the device and find it.
While it’s essential to know how to find your iPhone if it’s dead, prevention is always better than cure. Here are a few tips to help you prevent the loss or misplacement of your iPhone:
- Enable passcode or biometric authentication on your iPhone to protect your data.
- Keep your iPhone updated with the latest software and security patches.
- Enable Find My iPhone and ensure it’s always turned on.
- Make a habit of keeping your iPhone in a designated place when not in use.
- Consider using a tracking accessory like a Bluetooth key finder to help locate your iPhone.
1. Can I find my iPhone if it’s dead?
Yes, you can still find your iPhone even if it’s dead. By using services like iCloud Find My iPhone, Family Sharing, or Google Timeline, you can track down its last known location.
2. Can I track my iPhone without an internet connection?
No, tracking your iPhone requires an internet connection. The device needs to send its location data to the tracking service for you to locate it.
3. Is it possible to remotely turn on a dead iPhone?
No, it’s not possible to remotely turn on a dead iPhone. The device needs power to boot up, and if it’s completely drained, it won’t respond to remote commands.
4. Are third-party tracking apps safe to use?
Most reputable third-party tracking apps are safe to use. However, it’s crucial to research and choose well-established apps with positive user reviews to ensure your data and privacy are protected.
5. Should I contact the police if my iPhone is lost or stolen?
Yes, if your iPhone is lost or stolen, it’s advisable to report the incident to the police. Provide them with the necessary information and any evidence you have, such as the device’s serial number or IMEI.
So, those are the options to consider if you wonder how I can find my iPhone if it’s dead. As you can understand, finding your iPhone once it is lost is a pretty difficult task. So, the best approach is to take all the measures to prevent losing it.
On the other hand, you should have a strong security measure applied to your device to prevent data theft. Do you know other methods on how to find my iPhone if it’s dead? If so, please share your thoughts with us.
We will let our readers know about your suggestions. Also, if you have any other doubts pertaining to this matter, please let us know.