In some cases, iPhone users may encounter a situation where no location is found on iPhone.
If this situation applies to you and you’re looking for a solution, this is the perfect write-up. So, let’s read these instructions carefully and learn how to overcome this issue easily.
About “Find My iPhone”
Apple’s apps called “Find My iPhone” and “Find My Friends” have been merged into one called “Find My.”
Using your iPhone, Mac, or even Apple Watch, the app called “Find My” can keep tabs on loved ones. It’s also helpful if you ever lose your iPhone or iPad.
However, the notice “No Location Found” may show up occasionally. This occurs whenever location-related services are disabled. You’ll be able to see it even when the respective iPhone is set to Airplane mode.
If the problem persists, you can try turning on its Location Services. Alternatively, you can disable Flight Mode and re-evaluate the function.
Let’s jump straight into how to solve the “No Location Found” problem on iPhones, shall we?
Besides, if you face the iPhone silent mode that keeps switching on and off issues (iPhone Mute Switch), here are the most appropriate solutions to fix it easily.
What Triggers the “No Location Found on iPhone” Issue?
In fact, there are several reasons for no location found on iPhone issues occurring. Mentioned below are those for your reference.
- Your iPhone has an outdated iOS version
- The location service of the device is disabled
- Your device experiences a network issue
- The date and time of the device are inaccurate
- You have turned off both your iPhone’s ‘Share My Location’ and ‘Find My’ features.
- Find My feature is down from Apple’s end.
- You have put your iOS device in “Airplane” mode.
Also, wish to know how to check if the iPhone is unlocked without SIM. You have come to the right place. Here are the solutions you should try right now.
Solutions to Fix This “No Location Found” Issue
If your iPhone keeps saying “No Location,” there are a few things you may do. The app “Find My” can be restarted by closing it and then reopening it.
If it doesn’t work, try powering down and then powering back up your phone.
In most cases, your phone will need to use its location. Thus, you should turn on location-based services. Do not use the iPhone in Airplane mode.
Well, if it does, just disable it. The date & time can be double-checked and adjusted if necessary.
Sometimes the problem could be coming from the opposite side. Everyone in your immediate circle, from friends to family, should give the aforementioned solutions a try.
If you’re still having trouble after trying the solutions below, keep reading for more information.
1. Enable Your Device’s Location Services
Turning off location settings on an iPhone prevents it from determining its user’s precise position. So, make sure you switch on Location Services.
- Open the Settings app.
- Then, scroll toward the ‘Privacy‘ option.
- Now, you should select ‘Location Services.’
- Enable ‘Location Services.’
2. Turn On the Option Called Precise Location
You can grant Precise Location access to the ‘Find My’ option in the settings. After doing so, the ‘No Location’ notice will disappear.
- Select Settings and go to ‘Privacy.’
- Then, go to ‘Location Services.’
- You should turn on the option called ‘Location Services.’
- After that, you can select the option called ‘Find My.’
- You should select ‘Blue Tick‘ under ‘Allow Location.’
- Check that the ‘Blue Tick‘ under ‘Allow Location‘ is selected. The options ‘While Using the App‘ or ‘Ask Next Time or When I Share‘ are selected.
- Enable the option called ‘Precise Location‘ (toggle it on).
3. Disable the Airplane Mode of Your iPhone
You will no longer have wireless access to the internet when your iPhone is in Airplane mode. It is a bummer that doing so also results in a “No Location” message.
In that case, you can give the following methods for disabling your device’s airplane mode a shot.
You are supposed to follow the steps below so you can disable the Airplane mode. If it is already enabled, you will be able to see an Airplane-like icon on top of the screen.
- First, please open the Settings app on the device.
- After that, you should reach Airplane Mode to toggle it off.
- Once you have done that, you can see that the Airplane-like icon is disappeared.
4. Restart Your iPhone
Your iPhone’s technological issues may interfere with its location services on occasion. In that situation, restarting your phone will renew its background operations and perhaps fix the problem.
As a result, the system can be reset and run from scratch. The steps to restart the iPhone are as follows, depending on your model.
iPhone X or Later
For iPhone X or newer model users, please follow the steps below.
- Press and hold your device’s Side Button and Volume button.
- Be sure to hold it to see the power-off slider.
- Then, slide it so the device will be switched off.
- You can press the side button and hold it to switch on your device once again.
- Release the button when you see the Apple Logo.
iPhone 6-8 or iPhone SE
- As the first step, you should press the side button and hold it to see the slider.
- Swipe that slider accordingly and wait so the phone will be switched off.
- After that, please press the side button and hold it to switch on the device again.
iPhone SE Devices (1st generation), iPhone 5, and Older Versions
- Press the top button of the device so you can see the slider to switch off the device.
- Drag it so the device will be switched off.
- Wait for a while and press the same button again. That will switch on the device.
So, that’s exactly how to restart your device if no location is found on your iPhone.
5. Correct the Date & Time Correctly
Do you still notice no location found on your iPhone? If so, the next solution is to correct its date & time. Accurate location tracking requires the device to be set to the right time and date.
So, are you seeing the no location found on iPhone error? If that’s the case, check the time and date settings and adjust them as necessary.
- Go to Settings and select General.
- Go to ‘Date and Time.’
- Make sure that you toggle off the option called ‘Set Automatically.’
- After that, you should go to Time Zone. Enter the city name so you can select it.
6. Check if You Have a Proper Internet Connection
To use ‘Find My’ and keep tabs on your whereabouts, you’ll need access to the internet. You can see the last known position of the iPhone if it doesn’t have an internet connection.
Therefore, you must have a reliable internet connection to fix no location found on iPhone issues. Connect over Wi-Fi if you’d prefer, or use your phone’s cellular data if you’re out and about.
Use Cellular Data
- Go to the ‘Settings‘ option.
- Select ‘Cellular.’
- Switch on ‘Cellular Data.’
- Go to ‘Settings.’
- Select ‘Wi-Fi.’
- Toggle the Wi-Fi icon on and connect to it.
If you experience no location found on your iPhone, you should also try this solution. Just turn on Share My and Find My.
- Open ‘Settings‘ and select ‘Apple ID.’
- Go to ‘Find My.’
- Turn on the option called ‘Share My Location.’
- Now, you should select the ‘Find My iPhone‘ option and toggle it to switch on.
8. Check the System Status Page
You may see if ‘Find My services’ is down or not by visiting the System Status site of Apple. Then, you should search for the option ‘Find My.’
A green check mark will appear next to that service if it is active. A blinking yellow or red circle will indicate malfunction.
It’s unusual for Find My to experience an outage. But it is possible, and there may be moments when you have no control over the situation.
You should do nothing but wait for Apple to fix that service on their end. Eventually, the no location found on the iPhone issue will be gone.
9. Reset the Privacy and Location Option
If you still notice the same error, you should reset your device’s location and privacy.
- Settings > General > Reset > Reset Location and Privacy.
- When prompted, enter the passcode.
- Tap “Reset Settings.”
By the way, if you wonder why my location is wrong on my iPhone, you will figure out the possible reasons and the best solutions to quickly and easily fix this issue.
10. Update iOS
If none of the above solutions have worked, you should update the device’s iOS.
- Go to General > Software Update > Download & Install.
- Enter the password.
- Select “Install Now.”
That is the last resort you can rely on if you still experience no location found on your iPhone.
Q1. Why is my iPhone not finding my location? There are several possible reasons for this issue, such as disabled Location Services, enabled Airplane Mode, network settings problems, inaccurate location calibration, outdated iOS version, app permission restrictions, or corrupted location settings.
Q2. How do I enable Location Services on my iPhone? To enable Location Services, go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services and toggle the switch to enable it.
Q3. Why is Airplane Mode affecting my iPhone’s location? Airplane Mode disables all wireless communication features, including GPS, which can prevent your iPhone from determining its location accurately.
Q4. Should I update my iPhone’s iOS version? Yes, updating your iPhone to the latest iOS version is recommended as it can resolve compatibility issues and improve the performanceof Location Services.
Q5. What should I do if the troubleshooting steps don’t work? If the provided troubleshooting steps don’t solve the issue, you may consider contacting Apple Support for further assistance. They can provide personalized guidance based on your specific device and circumstances.
Experiencing the “No Location Found” issue on your iPhone can be frustrating, but there are several troubleshooting steps you can take to resolve it. By following the outlined solutions, you can restore the functionality of Location Services and regain accurate location information on your device.