Forgot the voicemail password? Don’t panic; I have the solution to solve your problem. Just keep reading until the end.
Today, telephone systems come with a new “Voicemail.” This new feature makes it possible for you to leave a message in the form of a voice recording for the recipient in case he/she doesn’t respond to your phone call due for any reason. Nowadays, carriers use voicemails widely on Android and iPhones, as well.
And, when it comes to storing such voice messages or voicemails, it is not much different from the email box. The box in which these voicemails are saved is also referred to as the voicemail mailbox, which you can access using a password set for it.
There is no doubt that there are times when one forgets the voicemail password used to access his voicemail mailbox. And, without having the correct password, listening to the voicemails saved in the mailbox is not possible in any way.
Then what to do in such situations? Is there any method to reset the voicemail password? The answer is yes. Below I have shared the most effective methods to reset the voicemail password.
The methods are divided into two parts: The process of resetting passwords with the help of carriers and changing the current password directly (if you remember).
PS: if you are facing issues like visual voicemail is currently unavailable, this is just for you.
Part 1: Process To Reset Voicemail Password With The Help From The Carriers
Different carriers have different methods for resetting the voicemail password. Hence below, I have explained the process for different carriers like Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile.
Forgot Voicemail Password? Process For Verizon
In case you were using Verizon carrier and forgot your voicemail password, you are offered three methods to choose from to reset your password.
These methods are changing the password through the Verizon app, changing the password online, and changing the password through a phone call.
Below I have explained the steps for each of the three methods.
a) Passwords Reset Through App
For this, download and install the Verizon application on the phone you have and follow the steps mentioned below:
- First, open or launch the Verizon app on your phone.
- Now go to “Menu” and then select “Account.”
- Tap on “Account Settings” and get signed in to your Verizon.
- Go to “Security” and tap “Manage Voicemail Password.”
- Now enter the desired new password for voicemail and confirm it.
- Finally, tap on the “Update” button. And it’s done.
b) Password Reset Online
When it comes to the process of resetting the forgotten voicemail password online for Verizon, you need to follow the simple steps mentioned below:
- First, you need to visit https://wbillpay.verizonwireless.com/vzw/mobilesecure/services/resetVPass.action
- Log in and choose the device. Then click on “Manage My Device.”
- Now click on the “RESET VOICEMAIL PASSWORD” so that you may get anyone to opt out of “Choose a password or me” and “Create New Password.”
- Finally, hit “Submit.” And it’s done!
c) Password Reset via Phone Call
Another method to change the forgotten password for voicemail from Verizon is via phone call. Just follow the below-given steps:
- First, make a phone call at (800) 922-0204, and you will be offered a menu for automated service for the customer.
- Then you need to follow the instructions and get to the “Reset Voicemail Password.”
- You will be asked for some information. Enter that information, and after that, follow the instructions to reset the voicemail password finally.
Process For AT&T
As far as the process to reset the voicemail password from AT & T carrier is concerned, there are two ways to choose from: changing the password online and via phone call. Both of the ways are explained below.
a) Changing Voicemail Password Online
The online process comprises the following steps:
- First, visit https://www.wireless.att.com/olam/loginAction.olamexecute
- Get logged in to the wireless account you have.
- Choose “Reset Voice Mail PIN” to reset your password for voicemail.
- Choose the wireless number and then hit the “Submit” button.
- Once you hit the “Submit” button, a message (asking for the voicemail password) will be sent to the phone within a few moments. Now you have to input the wireless phone number’s last seven digits.
- Finally, hit “OK.” And it’s done!
b) Changing Voicemail Password via Phone Call
You can follow the steps mentioned below to change the forgotten voicemail password via a phone:
- First, you will need to call on 800-331-0500 or 611.
- Enter your wireless number that starts with your area code.
- Now press “3” to choose “Get Help with Voicemail.”
- Press “3” again to choose “Reset Your Voicemail Password.”
- Now you have to enter the Zip code of billing for your account.
- Once you enter the zip code, a message asking for the voicemail password will be displayed. Now you have to enter the wireless phone number’s last seven digits.
- Finally, hit “OK.” And it’s done!
Process For Sprint
The process to reset the password for voicemail from Sprint is also possible through a phone call and an online method. Both of the ways are explained below.
a) Changing Voicemail Password Online
Below given are the steps needed to be followed to reset your forgotten voicemail password online:
- First, visit https://www.sprint.com/
- Get signed in to the Sprint account you have.
- Go to the “My Sprint” option and select “My preferences.”
- Now go to “Things I can manage online” and select “Change voicemail passcode.”
- The “Reset Voicemail Passcode” window will be opened up. Follow the provided instruction to reset the password for your voicemail finally.
b) Changing Voicemail Password via a Phone Call
If you want to make use of the method of phone-call for resetting the forgotten voicemail password, follow the steps as mentioned below:
- First, dial the “*2” on your phone.
- Select “Changes” or “Account information” so you may be provided the instructions to reset your voicemail’s password.
- Follow the instruction and reset the password, and that’s it.
Process For T-Mobile
Voicemail from T-Mobile also offers both the online and phone method to reset the password.
a) Changing Voicemail Password On Phone
The steps to be followed for resetting the voicemail password via phone call are as follows:
- First, open the dial pad of your phone.
- Press one and hold it down to connect to the voicemail.
- Now you have to press the “*” key and then “5” so that you may get entered into “Password Security.”
- Press the “1” to go ahead to start following the instructions that need to be followed to reset the voicemail password. And that’s it.
b) Changing Voicemail Password Online
Follow the steps mentioned below to reset the voicemail password online successfully:
- First, go to the login page of T-Mobile and get logged in to your account.
- Click on “Phone” and then select “Check Voicemail.”
- Now click on “Settings” and select “PIN.”
- Follow all the instructions displayed on-screen to end up resetting your password for voicemail finally.
Part 2: Process To Reset Voicemail Password In Case You Remember the Current Password
In case you remember the current password of the voicemail on your Android or iPhone and want to change it, you can follow the simple steps mentioned below:
- 1. Go to the “Settings” option and select “Phone.”
- 2. Tap on “Change Voicemail Password.”
- 3. Now enter your current password for voicemail and hit “Done.”
- 4. Enter the desired new password and hit “Done.”
- 5. Now again, enter the new password for voicemail and finally confirm it.
Once you have changed the current voicemail password by following the abovementioned steps, you will need to enter the new password whenever you intend to listen to the voicemail messages saved in your mailbox.
Besides, for people whose iPhone keeps going to voicemail, this is just for you.
- What do I do if I’ve forgotten my voicemail password? You can check if you’ve saved it elsewhere, use your carrier’s voicemail recovery procedure, or contact customer support.
- How can I remember my voicemail password? You can use a password manager, apply mnemonics, or change your password regularly.
- What is a good voicemail password? A good voicemail password is one that is easy for you to remember but difficult for others to guess.
- How often should I change my voicemail password? Regularly changing your voicemail password can help you remember it better, so consider changing it every few months.
- Should I write down my voicemail password? If you struggle to remember your password, it can be a good idea to write it down and store it in a safe place.
The next time you’re in a bind with a forgotten voicemail password, remember not to panic. There are ways to recover your password, and strategies to ensure you remember your password in the future. Keep these tips in mind and voicemail password lockouts will be a thing of the past!